PDA

View Full Version : w00t! Photoshop 7 has arrived!

gekko
04-23-2002, 08:03 PM
w00t! My retail (aka LEGAL) copy of Photoshop 7.0 has arrived. This id do much nicer than 5.5!

Now I just gotta think of something to do...

Cyrax9
04-23-2002, 11:08 PM
Gekko, Use baldy's head to make some more CamFu Piczs, Maybe I'll start a threrad of "altered photos" with cam's head on them as a "present" for when he gets back. Speaking of which, has ol' Fu said anything about returning to GT, or is he still with Dick Cheany in an "Undisclosed Location"? Another groupm of Mr. clean products with Cam's head on them (maybe call them CamFu Clean) would be pretty nice, everything from Mr. Clean Gloves, straight down to a Bottle of Mr. Clean. Maybe another "monopoly Man" pic like the ones ~VIN~ use to do would be nice. Cam will always be the "lab rat" for image-editing on My computer, and when I get Paintshop Pro, I intend to start my tutuorial pictures using Cam's face, I'm thinking of Cam on Homer simpsons Body, I think we'd have a big laugh at that.

GameMaster
04-23-2002, 11:31 PM
I want to get the official version but I just can't justify spending $600 or however much it is...

If someone in my family could make it a business write off... well it'd be a different story. :D

Oh well, how much different can it be from the beta?

gekko
04-24-2002, 03:24 PM
It's quite a bit better than the beta.

As for Cam, I'm sending his shampoo to him soon for his birthday present :)

Cyrax9
04-24-2002, 10:10 PM
LMAO, god one gekko, don't forget the "Turtle-Wax" for his head, I could just picure Cam with a Big SHINY head! That would be a priceless Picture. MAybe you should send him a "wing and a prayer" that he survives the Wrath of Kami when she get's to him ;) , I can't wait to hear him tell us about that. He's alive, but he's definatly no well if he knows what Kami will do wen he's physically well.

Null
04-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Anything good thats new from 6.0 ?

i mean is it worth an upgrade?

The_Dunadan
04-27-2002, 12:05 PM
mine has arrived too, as soon as i pay 35 bucks for it, its all mine.

gekko
04-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Null
Anything good thats new from 6.0 ?

i mean is it worth an upgrade?

I upgraded from 5.5, so I'm not really sure, I mean, I got all the 6.0 stuff new to me, too.

I believe some of the new stuff is like native Mac OS X support, new file browser, upgraded picture package, healing brush, pattern maker, and some other stuff. I'm just judging by the training CD they included explaining some of the new features.

Joeiss
04-27-2002, 09:01 PM
How much does Photoshop 7 cost?

Joeiss
04-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Sorry for double posting, but HOLY MOLY!!! Photoshop 7 costs $599.95?!?!?!?! That is huge! That is probably around $750 or $800 Canadian. Damn, this mus be one sweet piece of software.

gekko
04-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Sorry for double posting, but HOLY MOLY!!! Photoshop 7 costs $599.95?!?!?!?! That is huge! That is probably around $750 or $800 Canadian. Damn, this mus be one sweet piece of software.

$599, cause it's new. Some places sell it for as much as $700. I've seen version 5.5 go as low as $509, but that was only a couple months before the release of 6.0.

I got Photoshop 5.5, GoLive 4.0 with free upgrade to 5.0, Illustrator 9.0, and LiveMotion 1.0 for $999. Considering they would cost $1600 when purchased seperatly (more if you factor in the free upgrade), I think it was a good deal. But now I just got my Photoshop 7.0 upgrade for $135 with a $10 mail-in rebate :)

But yes, It's without a doubt the best 2D imaging program avaliable. Used by professionals everywhere. It's used by web designers, artists, and photographers. Of course, that's what makes so many people want it, even for small jobs. It's also why if you can master Photoshop, you can get a job. People spend their entire lives mastering Photoshop, people take classes learning to use Photoshop, people write books on Photoshop. It's not something many of us will ever come close to mastering. Basics are easy, but this is a professional program, there's a lot more than just basics here.

Of course, once Photoshop is purchased, it's all good. Upgrades go for $200, but you can always find deals. The rest of my Adobe software I can upgrade from $99-199. Flash is the same way, I can upgrade to Flash MX (aka 6) for $175, when the full version runs for $450.

sdtPikachu
04-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Can someone once and for all please explain what "w00t" means?

Photoshop is damned good, but overpriced... dare I mention the GIMP? It's nowhere near as full of functionality as Photoshop, but seeing as it's about $600 cheaper, I think it's worth a shot.[/token Linux plug]

Truth is, most people don't need to splash out on Photoshop unless there's something very heavy needs doing. I'm using a semi-legit copy of 5.5, and it's got plenty of features that I'll never see myself using, as well as some that I find essential (such as the excellent "save for web" option), but I don't consider it to be worth the money for what I'd use it for - most of the stuff I do could be done on other progs (such as the GIMP), although perhaps not as easily. Hey ho.

Lord Germano
04-30-2002, 03:40 AM
Dont know about you guys, but PhotoDeluxe is good enough for me.