PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Compilation Image ??!!

cubeman420
04-22-2002, 08:01 PM
http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1019505336

A scan from a japanese magazine that could be an image from the rumored Zelda Compilation.

DeathsHand
04-22-2002, 08:09 PM
http://www.installationcomplete.net/dojo/zelda.jpg

if that's not a fake, I think it will be awesome either way... AGB or NGC compilation... :p

But apparently there's lots of talk'n'proof that it is a fake... oh well...

UncleNoName
04-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cubeman420
http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1019505336

A scan from a japanese magazine that could be an image from the rumored Zelda Compilation.

Wow, it may be true after all. I wouldn't be too suprised if this was real. Anyway, this would be a definate buy for me, it would be great to have a "Zelda All-Stars" game. Hopefully it will include all the Zelda games (including the GB ones, minus the CDi ones).

Bond
04-22-2002, 08:29 PM
UPDATE: We at Nintendojo have reason to believe that the above-posted image sent to us was a hoax. Here's a screenshot of Zelda III from AllRPG.com:

http://www.cerberus-soft.com/nintendojo/zelda3.gif

Further investigation behind this image needs to be done to find out what it really is, but it appears to be a fan retouching of a screenshot in wishful thinking for a Zelda series re-release. More as it breaks... (nh)

Heehee....

Haahaa....

Jin
04-22-2002, 08:59 PM
I wish it was real.:unsure::(

designated_GM3R
04-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Bond thinks he's so funny.
Debunking news like that... we have hearts, y'know....

Blix
04-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Generic

Wow, it may be true after all. I wouldn't be too suprised if this was real. Anyway, this would be a definate buy for me, it would be great to have a "Zelda All-Stars" game. Hopefully it will include all the Zelda games (including the GB ones, minus the CDi ones).
I would like to play them. Just to see how they were. Even if I didn't play them again in the recollection.

Ginkasa
04-22-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis

I would like to play them. Just to see how they were. Even if I didn't play them again in the recollection.

Are you saying you want to play the CD-i games?!

*gasp* :eek:

*faints from shock*

GameKinG
04-22-2002, 10:51 PM
3D one sorta looked like animal crossing.

Angrist
04-23-2002, 04:52 AM
Those graphics sucked...

I'd want an AGB LttP.... but I'd prefer a totally new game cause I already have LttP on the SNES...

BigJustinW
04-23-2002, 11:47 AM
LMAO Bond...

I noticed that the first time I clicked... how could the pics be exactly the same and the chickens be all in the same place :D

Angrist
04-23-2002, 12:07 PM
http://www.installationcomplete.net/dojo/zelda.jpg http://www.cerberus-soft.com/nintendojo/zelda3.gif

It's obvious! :rolleyes:

Blackmane
04-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Aww, I wish it were not so. I want my Zelda on AGB.

Sigma
04-23-2002, 02:26 PM
the chickens aren't all in the same place, look again. There's an extra one in the new one (though it wouldn't be too hard to put in another one seeing as they all look exactly the same). Not only that, look at the trees on the bottom and left-hand corner, they look completely different. Besides, they're saying its a remake, so why wouldn't the chickens be in the same place? I'm not saying its real or anything, just pointing out some things.

it looks more like one of the zeldas that came out for the supernintendo rather than the original nintendo.

BigJustinW
04-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
Besides, they're saying its a remake, so why wouldn't the chickens be in the same place? I'm not saying its real or anything, just pointing out some things.

Um... what are the chances that 6 out of 7 MOVING Objects on the screen would land in the exact same position?

Angrist
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
it looks more like one of the zeldas that came out for the supernintendo rather than the original nintendo. ...
(someone tell this guy that it IS from the Super Nintendo.)

Ginkasa
04-23-2002, 04:26 PM
it looks more like one of the zeldas that came out for the supernintendo rather than the original nintendo.

It IS from the SNES.... its LttP you're welcome Angrist ;)

And.... there was only one Zelda on the SNES... unless you count the BS Zelda.... :unsure:

Angrist
04-23-2002, 04:34 PM
What's BS Zelda?? Thanks Link1130

Gamer
04-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Unlimited technology in the world and we cruise around in a Ford POS....

I really hope that image is something for GBA, cause i dont know if i will be able to accept 2 childish zelda games.

Jin
04-23-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Gamer

I really hope that image is something for GBA, cause i dont know if i will be able to accept 2 childish zelda games.

Wait a minute, are you saying that LttP is childish?

DeathsHand
04-23-2002, 06:04 PM

How is that childish? Hell, how is the NGC game childish? It just looks like a cartoon... the simpsons are a cartoon... are they childish?

The picture looks like an updated LttP... LttP was bright and colorful (and I think it was Xantar or maybe someone else pointed out somewhere that there were even enemies doing that goofy little staying in mid air for a couple seconds and trying to run before falling down) and all that... so the update is too :p

Although I think it's a fake anyways ;)

Ginkasa
04-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
What's BS Zelda?? Thanks Link1130

There was a satellite system add-on for the SNES, Japan only. It was simliar to the Sega Channel for the Genesis.

Anyway, you could download games and one of them was BS (initials of the satellite system, forgot what its called) Zelda. It was a remake of the original Legend of Zelda with updated graphics and redisigned map I think. It also have some kid with a baseball cap instead of Link. He was the mascot of the BS system.....

A few of the other games were F-Zero2 and Mario Excitebike, Excitebike with Mario characters....

DeathsHand
04-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Speakin' of zelda 1, I was thinkun, wouldn't it be awesome if they made a fully 3D remake of it? I just think it would be neat... cuz it's like the only zelda game without towns... it would just be you traveling through deep, dark forests, over mountains, through the cemetery and all those other places... having to find each dungeon... only talking to some of those people scattered throughout the caves :p

But I dunno that's just me... :D

and it's a bit off topic but BOO HOO we already know that the picture is a fake :p

Jin
04-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

and it's a bit off topic but BOO HOO we already know that the picture is a fake :p

unless..... nevermind, it's a fake.:roll:

Gamer
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

How is that childish? Hell, how is the NGC game childish? It just looks like a cartoon... the simpsons are a cartoon... are they childish?

true true, i suppose, i guesse, i just had my heary set on the more "mature" zelda, I mean, I probably will enjoy it in any shape and form, but i dono, i just wanna see it in the more mature fashion.

DeathsHand
04-23-2002, 09:06 PM

true true, i suppose, i guesse, i just had my heary set on the more "mature" zelda

Yeah I think that's what most people are like... they think that Zelda was always all mature and stuff, when really it was cartoony and such (and as miyamoto said... or at least I think it was him... it's basically a fairy tale of sorts)... but then came N64 and it's more mature 3D graphics... and people seemed to think that it was always that way :unsure:

But yeah, I'd like to see them try more mature graphics eventually too...

Blix
04-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Link1130

Are you saying you want to play the CD-i games?!

*gasp* :eek:

*faints from shock*
Errm yeah! :sneaky:

GameMaster
04-23-2002, 11:59 PM
Awww, the power of Photoshop... :D

Bond
04-24-2002, 04:53 PM
This just in from Nintendojo:

Alarming news has recently broke out of a sub-division of an independent research lab. If anyone person was actually stupid enough to believe that (Zelda hoax) was a real screen shot has a lower IQ than a pig. Please call 1-800-I-LOVE-NINTENDO to be tested.

We at Nintendojo have tested positive and are currently undergoing medical treatment. We hope to be back once Star Fox Adventures is released.

:beerchug:

Sigma
04-24-2002, 05:48 PM
http://www.cerberus-soft.com/nintendojo/zelda3.gif

that's supernintendo? EEEWWWWWWW!!!

That looks horrible for snes.

One Winged Angel
04-24-2002, 05:51 PM
the chickens aren't all in the same place, look again. There's an extra one in the new one (though it wouldn't be too hard to put in another one seeing as they all look exactly the same). Not only that, look at the trees on the bottom and left-hand corner, they look completely different. Besides, they're saying its a remake, so why wouldn't the chickens be in the same place? I'm not saying its real or anything, just pointing out some things.

uhmm dude... The chickens ARE in the same place.

Sigma
04-24-2002, 05:52 PM
the original nintendo version had a side view right?

Sigma
04-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NeonNightCloud

uhmm dude... The chickens ARE in the same place.

said it wrong.. i meant that they're not exactly the same cause there's an extra one, but it wouldn't have been very hard to copy one of the other chickens.

The only thing that really looks different are the trees. They are very different.

DeathsHand
04-24-2002, 05:57 PM

there was the very first game "Legend of Zelda" which had the top-down view...

and then there was "Zelda 2: The adventures of link" which had a top-down view only for the world map (like in RPGs), and a side view for the main gameplay parts... and more RPG elements...

Then there was "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" on SNES that went back to the top-down view... and that's the zelda game that wez be talkin' bouts here...

so :p

Ginkasa
04-24-2002, 06:22 PM

Have you ever played a Zelda game?

Sigma
04-24-2002, 06:50 PM
i didn't like zelda before the n64, and i didn't like nintendo.

Ginkasa
04-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Ah....

Okay....

You should play the old ones though. Great games...

Jin
04-24-2002, 08:46 PM

that's supernintendo? EEEWWWWWWW!!!

That looks horrible for snes.

Actually, that's pretty good for an SNES game.:unsure:

Originally posted by Link1130

You should play the old ones though. Great games...

I agree, graphics aren't always everything. I still have a lot of fun playing the classics on my NES.:)

Sigma
04-24-2002, 09:24 PM
i'll see if i can play em when i have some free time this summer. So many things to do, and when i get time to play games, it'll probably be the newer ones that i want to play.

Angrist
04-26-2002, 07:23 AM
And try to get an original console, they play better than emulators!

Lord Germano
04-27-2002, 05:39 AM
Just thought I'd post my Views on the new cel-da

1.) Yes, it will be an awesomely fun game.

2.) Yes, before the N64 versions Zelda looked somewhat cartoony.

But heres another thing that alot of people seem to be overlooking. Although the pre-N64 Zeldas where cartoony, they where also *gasp* 2D. Now theres a revelation.

Things change. Alot of Nintendo fanboys seem to overlook that. Take a quick glance at one of the older zeldas and cel-da. I dont know about you guys, but the SNES version for example does not guage into my eyes as a *kiddy-game*, whereas the new zelda does.

Now as much as you say "Gameplay is the only thing that counts", take a look at something like resident evil. This game lives on atmosphere. The atmosphere I feel when fighting a boss in the SNES version and OoT was the same. It made you tense, it sucked you into the game. I just dont feel like this will be the same with cel-da. Maybe im wrong, maybe im not. We'll see once we actually get the game.

Angrist
04-27-2002, 11:59 AM
Yes, we'll see....

Nintendo have only revealed like 1 minute of gameplay, how can you ever know there won't be a good moody atmosphere??

DeathsHand
04-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ThatGuyAgain
Although the pre-N64 Zeldas where cartoony, they where also *gasp* 2D. Now theres a revelation.

Yes, but 2D doesn't make guards kick their feet in the air like they're trying to run for a split second before actually falling...

And there were probably other things too, I dunno it's been awhile since I've played LttP...

Zelda 1 and 2 weren't cartoonish...

But LttP was... which is why when I see Cel-da, I think LttP "style" with OoT-ish gameplay, which is not a bad thing at all... :p