PDA

View Full Version : O.K, I have a question...

The Germanator
04-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Well, me and my friends were having a conversation about video games today and then we started to talk about DuckHunt somehow. Anyway, we got into an argument about how the gun worked in connection with the TV and Nintendo and how it all registered correctly. We couldn't come up with a definitive answer, so if anybody knows how it works, please tell. Thanks.

Ginkasa
04-22-2002, 07:45 PM
You know when you shoot and the light flashes for a second but the ducks are dark? Well the light gun reads that light and if it senses light then you missed but if it doesn't it means you hit the duck.

Most people think that the light gun sends a beam to the TV but that's not really very plausible. You'd have to have a special TV to be able to detect the beam...

Jin
04-23-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
You know when you shoot and the light flashes for a second but the ducks are dark? Well the light gun reads that light and if it senses light then you missed but if it doesn't it means you hit the duck.

Most people think that the light gun sends a beam to the TV but that's not really very plausible. You'd have to have a special TV to be able to detect the beam...

That makes sense, I would have never guessed.

GameMaster
04-25-2002, 12:31 AM
I could have guessed. Maybe when I was five I would of though that the beam is actually received by the television but then why would the gun need to be connected to the NES?

Angrist
04-30-2002, 03:57 AM
I also thought the gun sent out a beam... :p:D

Later I found out that it somehow detects the light of the TV.

Great game by the way, DuckHunt!!

Jin
04-30-2002, 05:50 PM
I wonder if they'll ever make a Duck Hunt game for the GC. It's not very likely, but that would be great if the dog was in Super Smash Bros Melee 2. I'd want to beat him up so badly.:D ;)

Angrist
05-01-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Jin
I wonder if they'll ever make a Duck Hunt game for the GC. It's not very likely, but that would be great if the dog was in Super Smash Bros Melee 2. I'd want to beat him up so badly.:D ;) Hoh yeah!!!! :D:D The stupid dog that would laugh at you when you missed! :D :mad2:

Ridley
05-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Jin
I wonder if they'll ever make a Duck Hunt game for the GC. It's not very likely, but that would be great if the dog was in Super Smash Bros Melee 2. I'd want to beat him up so badly.:D ;)

Oh don't get me started on that smart arsed *bleepin* *bleep* of a dog :mad2:.

*shoots the dog*

Who's laughing now you *long bleep sound*?