PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Zelda

BreakABone
04-21-2002, 03:28 PM
http://www.gamingworldx.com/news/AccordingtoDutchgamingsite.html

Well this seems to lend itself to that rumor of an all new Mario and Zelda game being announced for the GC. At the moment, this is still nothing more than a rumor so take it as you will.

Angrist
04-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Yeah right! An upgraded OoT! :rolleyes:

Disc1:
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Ura Zelda (expansion)
Unreleased dungeons (to be played individually selected from main menu)
Option for Classic overworld or original OoT theme
Option for enhanced graphic or original graphic
Artworks

I don't think Ura Zelda is a seperate game, I thought it enhanced your original OoT so it had more levels and places... and that you probably could melt the ice in Zora City...

Just a rumor. Nintendo won't start on a Zelda until they release Celda.

Bond
04-21-2002, 03:48 PM
That's a bunch of bull **** and you know it. Just an easy way to get more hits.

Gamer
04-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, i beleive that there is another Zelda game that is going to be released, but what they were talking about with it being a upgraded verion of OOT is bull****. Nintendo doesnt do that, i mean, would shiggy ever just "upgrade" a game? i dont think so!

o but how i want zelda to be like this...

DeathsHand
04-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Gamer
Nintendo doesnt do that, i mean, would shiggy ever just "upgrade" a game? i dont think so!

What about the 2 mario AGB games? Or Super Mario Allstars?

Wouldn't those kind of be game "upgrades"? :confused:

I think it's a possibility, and it would be awesome, but it's just a rumor so we can't say fo sho...

Angrist
04-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

I think it's a possibility, and it would be awesome, but it's just a rumor so we can't say fo sho... That was Mario, that's different. :p

GameKinG
04-21-2002, 04:31 PM
If they were to upgrade I think thise would be a fairly unwanted aproach at least for me. I would just want better graphics, bigger dungeons, but basicaly the same place, and new ones. But the options and the side quest for the other dugeons. Why bothe when it could make the actual adventure so much better...

designated_GM3R
04-21-2002, 04:52 PM
MM = Ura Zelda

quiet mike
04-21-2002, 06:26 PM
No, I think that the URA Zelda was the DD expansion which was finished but not released in Japan.

I am OK if Nintendo will release the OoT, URA and MM on a disk. THey were excelent games on thir own, and Nintendo knows it will have many new consumers that N64 did, so they can cash in from many of them, and then there are suckers like me that will buy such a compilation even if I owned the N64 versions.

Joeiss
04-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Haha..... Do you know how much they would charge for that? That would be like 150 American. And it sounds kind of farfetched, too.

Ginkasa
04-21-2002, 07:32 PM
An updated OoT isn't that far-fectched. Isn't that what Ura Zelda was going to be?

Although I don't think it will happen, at least not anytime soon, I do believe that it is possible...

:unsure:

Gamer
04-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

I think it's a possibility, and it would be awesome, but it's just a rumor so we can't say fo sho...

Well, u could consider those upgrades. But its a little different, i mean, thats making a game portable... well i dono, its different , at least to me it is.

DeathsHand
04-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Gamer

Well, u could consider those upgrades. But its a little different, i mean, thats making a game portable... well i dono, its different , at least to me it is.

Well what about all-stars? That was just taking the NES marios and sticking it on the SNES with some upgrades and a mario game that, until then, was only available in Japan (I think... the lost levels or something, right?)...

And sure it's a compilation... but still :p

quiet mike
04-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Haha..... Do you know how much they would charge for that? That would be like 150 American. And it sounds kind of farfetched, too.

What are you laughing at? The games are already made. They can upgrade only the count of poligons, and take the pixel blur out of the textures (a requiered AA for N64) and the game would look better, but not much work to be done. Remember they already cashed on these games (except URA) so all they do is put them together on a disk (not combine, just put them together).

That means very little work, and some extra profits on games that already paid their work anyways.
Such a release would be handeled by NTS no problem so the rumors can be true. But maybe because it's all so logical it was eassy to start.

Anyways, I would love to see that coming GameCube way sometime, aside the true Zelda for the system.

Blix
04-21-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by quiet mike
No, I think that the URA Zelda was the DD expansion which was finished but not released in Japan.

I am OK if Nintendo will release the OoT, URA and MM on a disk. THey were excelent games on thir own, and Nintendo knows it will have many new consumers that N64 did, so they can cash in from many of them, and then there are suckers like me that will buy such a compilation even if I owned the N64 versions. Hehe Ditto! I REALLY like the zelda series. And Resident Evil too!

BigJustinW
04-22-2002, 12:47 AM
My dream for the next Zelda game (even before Cel-da was shown) was for it to be a remake of OoT... (not a port like the article says)

I mean with:
-Extremely updated graphics
-Bigger badder dungons
-Bigger worlds/cities
-New gameplay elements
-More dramatic look (Evil places look more evil, and nice places look more nice)

The only thing I would want to remain is the basic story line. I still don't believe Nintendo won't be able to top the OoT story line (by much). Hopfully this remake will live up to my expectations... if it doesn't, I hope Celd-da is much better than my expectations.. if neither happens, I will be pissed.

Angrist
04-22-2002, 07:06 AM
This remake is supposed to be out this year! That's just crazy, they'll have 2 competitive Zelda titles at once. They won't do that, if this is true, they're going to delay one of the two.

Did I already mention that I think it's nothing more than a rumor??

Xantar
04-22-2002, 10:08 AM
I think this is another rumor that got started on a message board.

Read here (http://pub35.ezboard.com/fgamingageforums2frm0.showMessage?topicID=21630.topic).

If you scroll down a bit, it will become obvious that the topic starter was just proposing a theory for how Nintendo should release a Zelda compilation.

News editors for this site may want to take note. :p

Gambit_X
04-22-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah... that's why I don't write news for there anymore...