PDA

View Full Version : RE0: does this look like...

Angrist
04-21-2002, 10:53 AM
2 player cooperative? :D
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/biozero5.jpg

Wouldn't that be cool?? If a friend could join you?? :D

Idiot
04-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Ohhh....maybe.

Ric
04-21-2002, 12:37 PM
I really want a Light Gun game this time around, mabey using Resident Evil Theme... The House Of The Dead would be great Too (Comeon Sega and Nintendo... please)

I think either way a two player co-operative mode would be cool. It worked well on Perfect Dark.

quiet mike
04-21-2002, 01:03 PM
I think that's just whisfull thinking. Most likely a cut scene.

Perfect Stu
04-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Ric
I think either way a two player co-operative mode would be cool. It worked well on Perfect Dark.

I beg to differ. I barely played co-op in PD at all. Horrible framerate. And I just didn't like it nearly as much as single player or multi-player deathmatch. *shrugs*

Angrist
04-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

I beg to differ. I barely played co-op in PD at all. Horrible framerate. And I just didn't like it nearly as much as single player or multi-player deathmatch. *shrugs* Couldn't agree more!

But this won't affect the gameplay in RE I think... since most of the stuff is prerendered.

Wishfull thinking maybe, but it IS a new game.... the only not-remake in the coming years... so some new elements would be nice.

DeathsHand
04-21-2002, 02:19 PM
I read on IGN or something that in the parts of the actual game when both characters are on the screen at once, the one you're not controlling is just controlled by a computer... similar to like in RE1 (PSX version) how at the very end of the game if you've saved any of the other members, they follow behind you.... only in RE0, they follow you and shoot things, etc...

Actually no, there is a part in RE during Jill's game with her and Barry down in the tunnels, and if hunters come at you, Barry does shoot them...

The only thing is apparently Rebecca and... that other guy (I always forget his name) seem to be working together more closely than any other RE characters, who were always like "Let's split up in this really big area and if you find a way out, just come try to find me" ;)

I don't think Co-op would work... gamemaster mentioned it in my RE topic, but seriously, there aren't many enemies in RE games... it wouldn't be a very fun co-op experience... plus how would you handle moving from screen to screen? If one character moved to the next screen, would the other guy just appear on the next screen too?

Co-op + RE = :unsure:

"I really want a Light Gun game this time around, mabey using Resident Evil Theme"

Aren't those RE survivor games light gun games? Or are those just FPS games like PD or something?

BlueFire
04-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
similar to like in RE1 (PSX version) how at the very end of the game if you've saved any of the other members, they follow behind you.... Heh Heh. They all died because I didn't do the right things. Poor Barry and Chris. :D

C.H
04-21-2002, 03:14 PM
I don't see how they could do a co-op in resident evil, a split screen wouldn't work since it's pre-rendered. And you couldn't keep it on one screen. What happens when one player walks into a different room.

Unless it worked like sonic adventure, where one player could take control of the other character on screen. But that was pretty crap, so it wouldn't even be worth it.

Originally posted by Perfect Stu

I beg to differ. I barely played co-op in PD at all. Horrible framerate. And I just didn't like it nearly as much as single player or multi-player deathmatch. *shrugs*

I have to disagree, the thought the co-op in PD was really good, and the counter op was even better. Yes the frame rate was terrible, but thats something that can be fixed for PD zero (or 2, or whatever) :).

Angrist
04-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Uhm.. DsH has a point... It would be a bit boring because there aren't many enemies on screen... and you'd have to follow eachother.

I once played a Bluese Brothers game on the PC with a friend. That was 2 player, the 2nd player just had to keep up with the first.

Angrist
04-21-2002, 04:02 PM
BTW: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio0/index.html the official RE0 site. (Japanese)

Blix
04-21-2002, 07:59 PM
maybe you'll find this interesting. http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2862000,00.html So, the cooperative mode argument can be put to sleep.