PDA

View Full Version : Some News I suppose

BreakABone
04-20-2002, 11:26 PM
http://www.ruliweb.com/data/rulinews/read.php?num=7804

Capcom-Mikami's department is developing two new GameCube softwares. Directors involved in the project will be Kamiya (sp?), developer of "Devil May Cry", and Gato, developer of "Biohazard: Code Veronica".

Square-Final Fantasy Tactics for Game Boy Advance will be a remake, not a simple port. Specifically, there will be new scenarios introduced in the remake. It is planned to go on sale within this year.

Sega-According to an interview with Yu Suzuki, Virtua Quest is still at a planning level and RPG and AVG aspects are being balanced (whatever that means...) It probably won't make it to stores by 2003.

From Software-Rune team will continue to develop GameCube softwares.

HAL-There are about 3-4 titles in development, half will be for Gamecube and the other half will be for GBA. There is definitely a Gamecube game in development; title is not yet revealed.

Last thing is about Spaceworld and how they're gonna keep their mouth shut until after E3 about the softwares in display, etc.

gekko
04-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Something came to mind with Virtua Quest...

Did MK try that back in the day and fail miserably? :D Learn from the mistakes of others...

Jin
04-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone

Square-Final Fantasy Tactics for Game Boy Advance will be a remake, not a simple port. Specifically, there will be new scenarios introduced in the remake. It is planned to go on sale within this year.

Look at my post from about a month or so ago...

Originally posted by Jin

"My guess for the first game is FF Tactics. The game for the GBA would probably look and play similar to Shining Force, while the GC version will most likely play like the PSX version."

...told you so. :D

Here's the link if you care(probably not)-http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1116

BlueFire
04-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by gekko
Something came to mind with Virtua Quest...

Did MK try that back in the day and fail miserably? :D Learn from the mistakes of others...
MK: Sub-Zero or something like that... :p

Sigma
04-21-2002, 12:30 AM
MK:Sub Zero was like streets of rage type of game.

this is Virtua Fighter RPG. Completely different.

gekko
04-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Not really. you ran around as Sub-Zero is more of an adventure game, where you ran into enemies along the way and fought them. Virtua Fighter gone RPG will be very similar.

BreakABone
04-21-2002, 12:56 AM
You people also forgot the godly Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. it's a prime example that fighters should branch out more.

Maybe it's just the people at Midway...

Blix
04-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Capcom-Mikami's department is developing two new GameCube softwares. Directors involved in the project will be Kamiya (sp?), developer of "Devil May Cry", and Gato, developer of "Biohazard: Code Veronica".
Good to hear that. I hope they have something diferent this time.I like both games but I just would like something diferent this time. Not the arranged camera angles and stuff.