PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda and Mario?

GameKinG
04-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Well an interesting piece of news.

taken from IGNcube

Overseas games news service Quiter is reporting that tomorrow's issue of Japanese GameCube magazine Dengeki will feature first details on two major unannounced Nintendo titles. The first is another Mario game in addition to Super Mario Sunshine. The other is another Zelda game that isn't the cel-shaded The Legend of Zelda designer Shigeru Miyamoto first previewed at Space World 2001.
There are no details whatsoever on the secret Mario game, but reports floating abound have indicated that the secret Zelda title could be a compilation of sorts with an updated graphic look. Rumor has it that US Nintendo development subsidiary NST could be behind the game. There are no solid confirmations on any of this information.

If Quiter is correct and tomorrow's Dengeki does in fact reveal two new games, that would mean that GameCube owners would be getting two Mario titles and two Zelda offerings within the next year -- a magnificent feat, especially by Nintendo's slow development cycle standards.

IGNcube will of course have the follow-up story as Dengeki hits news stands in Japan.

Well, lets see. A zelda with updated graphics. But might not be in the works under EAD, yet instead NST. Hmmm, I wonder if its a good trade off...

Remember this hasnt been proven true. We will have to wait till tomorrow for confirmation of the story.

Ginkasa
04-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Hmm..... Interesting.

Hope its true.

GameMaster
04-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Two Marios and two Zeldas could be cool, but then again we don't want to overplay any certain game or character. Too much can sometimes be a bad thing. If the games hold some variation, then it could work. For now, we can await tommorrow's news...

DeathsHand
04-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Could this zelda compilation thing be that zelda universe even though we've pretty much established that it's that website? :D

Anyways a compilation thing would be nice... maybe little upgrades to the 2D graphics of 1, 2, and LttP... and great graphical upgrades to OoT and MM... or maybe even the GB game...

Or maybe just OoT and MM... or maybe everything except MM because it was kinda recent... or... dunno :p

But I just hope there's some sort of zelda compilation :D

Jason1
04-19-2002, 09:16 PM
God a zelda complation would be so cool...chances are if this really is true it wont be what we were expecting...it never is with Nintendo...

GameKinG
04-19-2002, 10:53 PM
They need to make one big adventure with every chapter in the game. It could be the longest game ever. With of coarse better graphics and bigger levels.

Bond
04-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Very interesting news...

I guess we'll just have to wait until tommorw.

Idiot
04-20-2002, 07:11 AM
Well, if it is a Zelda compilation, I would excpect awhole wave of Nintendo charachter based compilations.

Drunk Hobbit
04-20-2002, 08:49 AM
Well, Dengeki (http://www.dengekionline.com) still hasn't updated their site since the 19th...

Drunk Hobbit
04-20-2002, 09:29 AM
Maybe Quiter was wrong.

http://www.phantomgaming.com/dengeki1.jpg

http://www.phantomgaming.com/dengeki2.jpg

It's the June 2002 issue but those are old pics.

quiet mike
04-20-2002, 01:24 PM
I would love to have a Zelda compilation. They could make the OoT and MM to look like the 200 SpaceWorld demo. :D

DeathsHand
04-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by quiet mike
I would love to have a Zelda compilation. They could make the OoT and MM to look like the 200 SpaceWorld demo. :D

That would be awesome... buuut I think they would have to add more... like this one guy at videogames.com was talking about remakes in the gamespotting thing... and how for most remakes, the only thing they change (or at least the biggest thing) is graphics... So all you're playing is a prettier version than the original... but I dunno, if they were spaceworld 2000 good, maybe people wouldn't complain :p

But I think they would have to add a little bit more too... more secrets and mini-quests and such... maybe a few new masks in MM as well... but I dunno :D

I just wish they'd do something like that :(

I still wanna see like a fully 3D remake of LttP... but IF that happens, it probably won't happen for a long time... *sniffles*

Joeiss
04-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
I still wanna see like a fully 3D remake of LttP... but IF that happens, it probably won't happen for a long time... *sniffles*

haha.... It is so true. I highly doubt that we will ever see that in our lifetime.