PDA

View Full Version : Who has bought SPIDER-MAN (any console) yet?

quiet mike
04-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Well I got it. It looks impressive, and even though I played trough 3 levels only, it seems to be an excelent game consider ing there 22 levels in all. Now let me get to it. Post impressions on it here.

Gamer
04-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Hmm, i really wanna try that game, it looks pretty sweet. I havent played it yet, but I sure hope to soon!

quiet mike
04-19-2002, 01:48 AM
So far the game is good. Just a few turning problems when the camera is moving agains walls.

The training and actually any comentary is hilarious. I opened the bowling mini-game. While playing I noticed the back wall is full with pictures of the developers. While standing in front of the wall to take a better look, the anouncer said:
"That is not the urinal, ......" After a while I hear an anouncement. "Kiss-n-Hug, an announcement for the girl Kiss-n-Hug! Please come to the anouncers office!"

The only thing hard to learn is the mid-air combat, but it' s one of the best things in the game.

Ginkasa
04-19-2002, 03:59 PM
I won't be able to get it until next week :unsure:

I might be able to rent it until then as long as it hasn't been rented out....

:unsure:

Joeiss
04-19-2002, 04:01 PM
I shall be purchasing this game either tonight or tomorrow.

Look for my full review in the PS2 Forum!!!

Professor S
04-19-2002, 05:43 PM
FYI - The narrator who is so funny is actually actor Brice Campbell of Evil Dead fame. He is good friends with Spider Man director Sam Raimi (sp?) and thats how he got the gig.

Jin
04-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
I won't be able to get it until next week :unsure:

I might be able to rent it until then as long as it hasn't been rented out....

:unsure:

If you're going to buy it in a week, why would you want to rent it? People are so impatient...

Ginkasa
04-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jin

If you're going to buy it in a week, why would you want to rent it? People are so impatient...

I need instant gratification. Simple as that ;)

quiet mike
04-20-2002, 01:17 AM
Well I finished it. Pretty good and very funny with the remarks of the comentator, guards and robots.

I bought it the day it came out and I got a $10 discount because of that. From now on I'll buy all my games on the day they come out. THe 5th one should be free then. ;)

Joeiss
04-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by quiet mike
Well I finished it. Pretty good and very funny with the remarks of the comentator, guards and robots.

You finsihed it allready? WTF? That was a bit too quick if you ask me.

quiet mike
04-20-2002, 11:58 AM
What can I say? I"M GOOD" Remember that I beat Ace mode in Rogue Leader twice.

Of course that was on the normal dificulty and I didn't get even all the secrets. So there still is to go, in order to open some more specials.

D-realJos
04-20-2002, 03:59 PM
I got it, beat it!!

It's a nice refreshing experience for GCN owners.

Joeiss
04-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by D-realJos
I got it, beat it!!

It's a nice refreshing experience for GCN owners.

Hmm.... Is this game worth a buy? Or should I just rent it?

D-realJos
04-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Hmm.... Is this game worth a buy? Or should I just rent it?

It's really a matter of opinion. This is the best way I can put it without giving an overly positive/negative outlook...

It's a nice game to have(especially with the few game out right now)...

However, it's nothing you can't live without.

It's a great little "arcadey" game. Has many levels, but they are broken up pretty short. The feeling I get while playing it, seems as though I just popped in a quarter, and tries my best to "ride it out" and make it to the next level, with increasing difficulty, ofcourse. (if you can understand that feeling).

It's enjoyable. The idea of being Spiderman--mid-air battles, web-swingin, wall-crawling etc--is well conceived. There are some control problems(luckily, not while web-swinging), and cheesey dialogue that keeps this game from being AAA. Don't expect a deep and engaging story line either. But as I implied, it's very arcade--like.

It's a good game. Not average, not just "above average," but it's very good. What adds to the game's quality is the fact that not many superhero franchise games turn out this well(especially not preceeding or succeeding a movie).

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7.9 - 8.0

If you buy it, you'll enjoy it...but it's not a MUST HAVE.

Maybe if you rent it you'll feel better, because you'll be able to experience a great refreshing game, without the full price tag. That's an awesome bargain, no? ;)

Jin
04-20-2002, 08:04 PM

I bought it the day it came out and I got a $10 discount because of that. From now on I'll buy all my games on the day they come out. THe 5th one should be free then. ;)

You bought it at Best Buy huh? That's where my friend got it from, and he recieved a gift card too.

quiet mike
04-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Jin

You bought it at Best Buy huh? That's where my friend got it from, and he recieved a gift card too.

Indeed. I was runing to the store between classes and saw the game, got it and they gave me the gift card. I didn't know about that, but since RE, ET, MS and a few more games I know I'll get for sure, I'll buy them at Best Buy on release day from now on.

I was decided to buy it before since people previews were good, and even if it was bad (which is not the case) or short (which it is for a player like me na D-realJos). I am sending it to my little brother once I get all the secrets anyways. RL was the only game I tried it more than once after getting everything.

quiet mike
04-21-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey D-real! have you tried super-hero yet? It's so frustrating in the seweres level after the bank job. It's one of the longest levels and yopu only get 1/2 life recharge and 1/2 web recharge, yet tons of enemies keep coming and many have guns, so they don't let you stay on the ceiling.

If you find a fast way to tke them out on super-hero modetell me, or I'll tell you (if)

D-realJos
04-21-2002, 05:15 PM
Hey D-real! have you tried super-hero yet? It's so frustrating in the seweres level after the bank job.

If you find a fast way to tke them out on super-hero modetell me, or I'll tell you (if)

I just started the super-hero mode a yesterday. Didn't play it for too long though. I'm was on my way to defeat uncles Ben's killer, but I died and didn't bother to retry. I may play it later today if I'm in the mood. It's clear this mode isn't going to be a cake-walk, that for sure.

You're ahead of me, so I can't give any tips. If I run into any difficulties, I guess I know who to call though ;)

quiet mike
04-21-2002, 06:17 PM
I can give you the first one already then. (I'm not going to give you any secrets unless you ask me to and I know them)

In the first ari-combat level, where you fight the 13 Ozcorp flying boots, it's much faster and easier to sit on top of a building and tie them up with the Y button. I died about 20 time trying to fly-kick-punch-webattack in air, and in 2 tries I finished by just landing on a roof and taking care of the first 5, recharge web and take cere of the rest.