PDA

View Full Version : New WWF game for Ps2!

BigJustinW
04-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Q4 2002!!!!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2861651,00.html

In its recent quarterly conference call, THQ announced that a new WWF game is in development for the PlayStation 2 and that it will be released sometime in Q4 2002. Unfortunately, no details on the game's name or selection of modes were provided, but THQ is expected to make further announcements regarding the game at E3.
In related news, THQ also revealed that Rainbow Studios, which it recently acquired, is in the process of finishing a few games for other publishers including ATV Offroad Fury 2 for Sony and Splashdown 2 for Infogrames. Rainbow will complete these games before the rest of its staff is moved under the THQ umbrella. We'll have more on these games as it becomes available.

A 2nd Generation Smackdown game coming out right after the waterd down WMx8... this battle will be interesting.

Perfect Stu
04-18-2002, 03:19 PM
I hope it's not another Smackdown game...

They suck ass...

EDIT: DAMN, it is gonna be another Smackdown game...somebody shoot me now...

BigJustinW
04-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Well... the first game was just slapped together... this one should have big improvements (hopfully in Gameplay :p)

Joeiss
04-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Sounds good. I hope there is a grapple-system for the fighting. And if not, I shall not purchase the game.

And I wonder how the graphics will look on this.

Joeiss
04-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
I hope it's not another Smackdown game...

They suck ass...

EDIT: DAMN, it is gonna be another Smackdown game...somebody shoot me now...

Haha!!! http://www.gamers.com/news/1135553

As part of its recent financial conference call, THQ revealed that the company has plans to release a new WWF game for the PS2 this fall. Today Gamers.com has confirmed that this title is a new installment in the wildly popular Smackdown! series. The fourth Smackdown! game will be revealed at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in May.
Although no game details have been revealed, word has it that the new title will feature even better graphics than the already-great looking WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It! and will sport a much-improved career mode.

Professor S
04-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Honestly, one of the biggest issues with me not buying a PS2 is that it doesn't have a decent wrestling game. I am a HUGE wrestling gamer, as many of you know, and the PS2 has the Smackdown Series... I not that I have disinterest for the Smackdown games, but I have a BURNING HATRED for the Smackdown games.

I don't understand how games that are THAT BAD can sell so well:hmm:

BigJustinW
04-21-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Honestly, one of the biggest issues with me not buying a PS2 is that it doesn't have a decent wrestling game. I am a HUGE wrestling gamer, as many of you know, and the PS2 has the Smackdown Series... I not that I have disinterest for the Smackdown games, but I have a BURNING HATRED for the Smackdown games.

I don't understand how games that are THAT BAD can sell so well:hmm:

The SAD part is... Yukes really believes that they have a great game engine!!!!

They are idiots... and they think thier "great gameplay engine" is the reason it's selling... and the fact is the WWF license is the ONLY reason.

Some sites should start crapping up thier scores so they can get the picture.

PureEvil
04-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
The SAD part is... Yukes really believes that they have a great game engine!!!!

Smackdown's gameplay isn't that bad. It certainly isn't as good as No Mercy's, but Smackdown's gameplay engine kicks the hell out of games like WWF Attitude.

BigJustinW
04-22-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by PureEvil

Smackdown's gameplay isn't that bad. It certainly isn't as good as No Mercy's, but Smackdown's gameplay engine kicks the hell out of games like WWF Attitude.

Smackdown is fun... No Mercy is realistic and fun...

Yukes thinks that all everybody wants is fast pace arcade style gameplay, but it isn't true. The sales of Smackdown are clouding thier minds.

Violence Fight
05-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Yukes system isn't bad. I'm sure thats just from me playing my copy of Toukon Road 2 for N64 when I had it(It has Shinjiro Ohtani's springboard DDT, enough said.). I love the AKI system of wrestling and I wish THQ would go back to AKI for a game or 3. Yukes system is nice for a few reasons. But AKI will always have the market cornered in my opinion. I want to play All Star Wrestling from Square and I want to finally find a copy of GIANT GRAM 2K1 for my DC.

Speaking of foriegn games, I hear that there may finally be a US Released Fire Pro game for PS2. I don't know about all of you, but I'm excited for that. Yeah all fire pro games are 2d, but hell, they have practically every wrestler in existence in them. Not to mention possibly the most comprehensive Create a wrestler in the world. If only they'd finally add the Perfect Driver and the Spinning Kudo Driver.

I.B.Violence
(THE IB stands for Intercontinental Belt)

BreakABone
05-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Well, it's official.

The name of the game is SmackDown 4! Shut Your Mouth (Glad to see they found let another Rock quote to subtitle the game with)

And they have a trailer for it, but I don't know where to find it, but here are a few screens from the game

http://www.feelthepain.net/sd4/

Violence Fight
05-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
Well, it's official.

The name of the game is SmackDown 4! Shut Your Mouth (Glad to see they found let another Rock quote to subtitle the game with)

And they have a trailer for it, but I don't know where to find it, but here are a few screens from the game

http://www.feelthepain.net/sd4/

It could be alot worse. Think about it. Would you rather have another Smackdown, or them to scrap the entire thing and let some other company develope a new game for the first time. We'd whine about how watered down it was. this way THQ can go with someone who has yet to drop the ball as far as producing a game thats easy to play, hard to master. The only team with a perfect score on Easy to play, hard to master is AKI. Oh where has my AKI gone?

Professor S
05-18-2002, 10:38 PM
The team that developed those oustanding N64 games for AKI/Asmik has dissolved.:(

On the bright side a good part of the team was picked up by Yukes and is now developing WMX8 for the Gamecube:D

On the dark side they are "revamping" the classic, PERFECT N64 engine. Why would you try and improve something that has no problems? Just STUPID:rolleyes:

Violence Fight
05-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
The team that developed those oustanding N64 games for AKI/Asmik has dissolved.:(

On the bright side a good part of the team was picked up by Yukes and is now developing WMX8 for the Gamecube:D

On the dark side they are "revamping" the classic, PERFECT N64 engine. Why would you try and improve something that has no problems? Just STUPID:rolleyes:

...I will murder someone...period. End of discussion, if that game sucks.

Professor S
05-19-2002, 12:13 PM
I fear that with the dissolution of the Asmik/AKI we has wirnessed the end of an era.:baby: