PDA

View Full Version : Question bout link between AGB and CGB

Angrist
04-18-2002, 07:49 AM
I have a Japanese AGB, so I can't read the manual. But it does show a pic of an AGB connected to a CGB, both with a normal GB game in it. It shows a huge red cross though the pic. So I guess it doesn't work or could do damage so I never tried it.

But now me and my bro wanna trade soe PKMN between Gold and Silver, but we hate using our old huge GameBoy. We want to use our AGB and CGB.

So my question is: could you look that up in you manual??
Thanks a lot. I'll also send an e-mail to Nintendo Amerika and Europe (let's see who's faster).

Ginkasa
04-18-2002, 08:40 AM
I don't think you can connect a GBA and GBC....

You'll either have to use your old GBs if your friend doesn't have a GBA.... :unsure:

Ric
04-18-2002, 10:15 AM
You can link them, its just a matter of finding the right link cable with the right connectors. Nintendo do not have one of these so you will have to buy a third party connector. OR tell your brother to get a GBA.

I have one of these connectors, it is made by Blaze.

Angrist
04-18-2002, 11:19 AM
But won't a CGB cable fit in the AGB??? :confused:

Oh yeah, got this e-mail back from Nintendo:

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We would like to be able to assist you; however, Nintendo of America Inc. provides product support for the United States and Canada only. For assistance in finding the authorized Nintendo distributor for your country, please visit the Corporate area of our web site at www.nintendo.com. Click on Company Connection, and then International and National Distributors.

The jerks...

Angrist
04-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Wait a minute... it has to work.

Please look it up in your manual!! It will take you less than 3 minutes!

Bube
04-18-2002, 03:07 PM
It will work. I play like that all the time with my cousin who has a GBC.
The GBC connector can connect to the GBA as well. Just use a GBC-GBC or GBC-GBP link cable to play GBA-GBC.

Angrist
04-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks! :D