PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Joeiss
04-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Do you treat everybody equally? Do you not have biases and do you not have a favourite type of race or a favourite type of gender? Do you treat everybody the way that you would like to be treated in return? Do you show respect to your elders, siblings and peers? Do you get afraid when you see two white teenagers walk towards you? Do you get afraid when two black teenagers walk towards you? Do you give people second looks because of a disability that they might have? Do you give extra special care to the cripple and mentally ill, or do you try to avoid them?

Please answer all of these questions. Thanks.

Sigma
04-17-2002, 09:25 PM
I treat everyone equally, but i'm nicer to people i don't know and the people with disabilities.

Nm, i don't treat people who annoy me as well as i do everyone else, but i'm still pretty nice to them.

I usually don't judge people by race or anything like that, but attitude. Attitude is everything.

Ginkasa
04-17-2002, 10:56 PM
It depends if I like the person or not, not if I like they're skin color or gender. If I dislike the person I'll just try and stay away from them.

*shrugs*

Ric
04-18-2002, 04:23 AM
Mostly I keep out of the way, quiet and un noticed until I can form opinions of people. I try to treat everyone equally however I treat family then friends more equally than others.

I do have biases against people, I do not wish to make enemies in saying this but I dont really like gay men, I personally find the whole idea and concept disgusts me. I do not however, make this apparant when they are near me or even in the same class as me at school, I just steer clear of them. It's just... it's not right, thats what I say.

I try to treat physically disabled people as I would anyone else, I speak to them as if they are a (as much as I hate the word) 'normal' person for example a guy at school is in a wheelchair and hes a pretty cool guy.

Mentally disabled people I have a problem with, not in a bad way it's more a problem with myself, I feel bad that they are the way they are and it saddens me to think they are like that and how bad I would feel if it happened to me.

When two white people approach me I dont really give it a second thought unless their attitude seems odd in some way or its someone I know causes trouble. Usually it doesnt bother me, if anything happens to me that fuc*er will have an appointment with my two older brothers, so ultimately it will all backfire upon them.

If two black people approach me, I would think it odd, where I live there are few black people, I think theres about 5 or 6 at my school of over 1000 pupils. So yeah I would find it odd, not because I hold anything against them but because I would think 'what do they want me for?'

At the end of they day, about people approaching you, it all boils down to they way in which they do it, if they approach you with a knife or bottle in their hands, or generally agressive appearance be afraid. If they approach you saying 'Hey mate...' in a friendly kind of way they could just be asking for the time or something. I suppose they could also be trying to decieve you so they can pan your face in :unsure:

GameMaster
04-19-2002, 01:54 AM
No, I'm nicer to foreigners and kids with not many friends, I feel sorry for them being all alone, although some prefer that road...

I'm kinda bias against white Americans, I favor asians, hispanics, and indians because they generally put out more effort. My "favorite" race are Indians. I admire their perserverence, at least the ones I know display this trait. I don't have a "favorite" gender.

I'm nice to everyone but there's always one or two I just don't click with.

I show repect to elders and peers, not my sibling.

No, I don't become afraid when I see two white teenagers walk towards me.

I could become tense if two black teenagers walked past me but that really depends are how they present themselves. In this area, I usually don't.

I don't give second looks to people with disabilities, if I do, it's in admirance.

I give special care and attention to the crippled and metally ill.