PDA

View Full Version : Wooo...x-box...wooo

Happydude
04-17-2002, 03:10 PM
i got an X-Box today, and i'm not realy sure what games to get for it...so umm...yeah...can anyone tell me what good games are out now that are worth getting?

Revival
04-17-2002, 03:41 PM
Halo.

That's all :D ;)

I just know that Halo is good.. not sure about any other games.

bobcat
04-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Halo of course. It's excellent.

DOA3 is pretty good. It's not the best fighting game, it doesn't have many extras, but damn it has good graphics.

I think it's worthy of a purchase.

It's the "Rogue Squadron" of Xbox.

So if you got a GC and bought Rogue Squadron mainly for the visuals, and liked it, get DOA3.

They are the only 2 games I got.

Bond
04-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, and Oddworld are all good games.

Joeiss
04-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Halo.

This will last you a long while, especially if you have a bunch of friends.

Perfect Stu
04-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Halo

Halo

HALO!!!!!!!

:)

Old Skool
04-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Rallisport Challenge is a superb game and in 4 player its a blast (not that i would ever play a car game for 10 hours with me m8's oops). Plays alot like sega rally.

Jet Set Radio Future is just AMAZING a real must have in my book.

Halo well need I say any more

DOA3 well every console should have a fighter on it and DOA3 is Pretty god damn good seeing as so many web sites slaged it off so bad. Ok it’s just like DOA2 which is not a bad thing as DOA2 was a really good game but this time it’s got about the best graphics on any system. oh and they kick high :D :D :D

Angrist
04-18-2002, 07:31 AM
JSRF is good unless you played the original.

I heard Oddworld can be a bit boring sometimes... and you don't want a boring game do you? (That's why you're a Nintendo fan;))

Get Halo, unless you don't like shooters.

Professor S
04-18-2002, 07:49 AM
Halo
Blood Omen 2 if you like being a bloodsucking bastard
Raw, a SOLID wrestling title, not much of a CAW though
DOA 3, Good fighter with jaw dropping graphics
Maxx Payne, if you don't have it on PC this is the best version
Rallisport Challenge, excellent racing game
JSRF, don't know how to sum it up other than "neato"

Game to Get Soon:

Marrowind: First RPG coming to the XBox and it looks excellent. Comes out at the end of the month.
Brute Force: Tactical FPS coming out this spring SUPPOSEDLY
Legends of Wrestling: Updated parts of the engine that made the PS2 version so forgettable. Plus, you get to be all your favorite wrestling legends from the past. A must if you're a wrestling nut like me.

There are more but I forget right now :D

Old Skool
04-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
JSRF is good unless you played the original.

Whys that?

Angrist
04-18-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Skool

Whys that? Umm... I don't wanna get into a fight with Bond again...

... but apparenty a Dutch magazine thought the game wasn't as original as the original and it didn't show much gameplay improvement.

So they said I've you've played the original, it's a bit unuseful to buy the sequel...

Old Skool
04-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh ok just asking! but really you should give the game ago it really is fun to play.

Happydude
04-18-2002, 02:42 PM
thx all...i get the feeling that Halo is the best game out so far...i allready knew that, ut thx anyway.

and im thinking about DOA3..im not THAT big a fan of fighting games...but i like them.

hmm...can anyone tell me if there are any RPGs or like Gran Turismo games on it?

Professor S
04-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Like I said before, Marrowind is coming out at the end of the month, or so they say, and that will be the first RPG to come out for the XBox so far. Although it is just an appetizer for Project Ego though.

Marrowind is shaping up to be an MMORPG-like experience without going online. A massive world with lots of intelligent NPC's abounding who will treat you differently depending on various factors including race (9 to choose from), guild affiliation (tons of them) and House affiliation (3 of them).

Go check out a preview of it on Gamespot, they have an excellent piece on it.

Don't be surprised if it is pushed back again though, because the developers have said that they won't release it until it is as close to perfect as possible. Considering how large the world is I imagine the testing will take QUITE a while.

Bond
04-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
Umm... I don't wanna get into a fight with Bond again...

... but apparenty a Dutch magazine thought the game wasn't as original as the original and it didn't show much gameplay improvement.

So they said I've you've played the original, it's a bit unuseful to buy the sequel...
Angrist, do you base everything you know on 'that Dutch magazine?'

And you better not pull another one of your little stunts again.

Sigma
04-18-2002, 05:02 PM
i've played several xbox games now and Halo is the only one that is exclusive and actually good.

The good games aren't out yet. Jet Set Radio Future is good, but i played out the DC version.

Bond
04-18-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
i've played several xbox games now and Halo is the only one that is exclusive and actually good.

The good games aren't out yet. Jet Set Radio Future is good, but i played out the DC version.
Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, and Oddworld are all good exclusive Xbox games.

Sigma
04-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Bond

Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, and Oddworld are all good exclusive Xbox games.

I never played rallisport challenge, but don't want to play it either. I just didn't like Project Gotham, and Oddworld was pretty boring.

Agent Under Fire was fun on xbox (sucked on ps2), but I like the GC controler more.