PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon on GCN

Angrist
04-17-2002, 09:13 AM
What do you think???

I say multiple PKMN in the same battle! Realtime battles!

Multiplayer would be sweet! Something like EverQuest, but then with PKMN!

GameKinG
04-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Im not a huge fan. But a gameboy style RPG in real-time would be cool.

Angrist
04-17-2002, 10:22 AM
I'd like it to be more like the animation series. Like a couple of friends follow you around...

A lot of travelling...

And of course an online Pokemon League every year!! And smaller tournaments every month!

Ric
04-17-2002, 11:56 AM
I always wanted a 3D game in the style and look of Zelda OoT/MM and using that game engine or one similar. I think that would make an excellent game. Oh and no random battles, you see the pokémon and can approach it.

Not like that Jade Cuccoon rubbish on PSOne though!

Joeiss
04-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Just as long as it is just like the GBC games, that will be sweet. I have been looking forward to a good-graphics Pokemon RPG since N64.

Revival
04-17-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm happy with my Pokemon level in SSB:M Adventure mode :)

Jin
04-17-2002, 07:21 PM
My guess is that it's going to be cell-shaded and look similar to the animated series. In a way I hope it doesn't have multiple pokemon in a battle because that's what makes it different from so many RPGs out there. Besides, it would seem sort of wierd... "Go Squirtle, Pikachu, Golem, Ninetails, and Ivysaur!!!"

Angrist
04-18-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Ric
I always wanted a 3D game in the style and look of Zelda OoT/MM and using that game engine or one similar. I think that would make an excellent game. Oh and no random battles, you see the pokémon and can approach it. Yeah that would be cool. Like you see a Pokémon that you really want and then you follow him or something. :D

And Jin, in the series they sometimes do battles with two or three PKMN at the same time (most of the times when they're fighting Team Rocket). But usually it's just 1 on 1.

GameMaster
04-19-2002, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't mind doing some tag team with my Pokémon.

As far as dreams for the future...

Online Play. The keyword here is dream though. Sorry guys, but I would not even waste my time trying to battle someone online. The Pokémon game has been so littered and exploited by GameShark with all their codes it's almost impossible to find anyone that plays for real. Unless Nintendo invents a machine that scans your cartridge for any "enhancements" followed by an immediate and permanent scrambling of your cartride if any cheating is detected, that'll teach 'em.

Angrist
04-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by GameMaster
I wouldn't mind doing some tag team with my Pokémon.

As far as dreams for the future...

Online Play. The keyword here is dream though. Sorry guys, but I would not even waste my time trying to battle someone online. The Pokémon game has been so littered and exploited by GameShark with all their codes it's almost impossible to find anyone that plays for real. Unless Nintendo invents a machine that scans your cartridge for any "enhancements" followed by an immediate and permanent scrambling of your cartride if any cheating is detected, that'll teach 'em. Yeah that'd be cool. I hate cheating, I never do it with Pokémon.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could let your PKMN spar against eachother?? :D

It would be cool if the Pokémon would learn to choose their attacks on their own. So when you're busy, they'll still attack (maybe not always the most intelligent attacks though).