PDA

View Full Version : I saw Lord of The Rings today....

Jason1
01-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Im not going to talk about the movie, because it sucked. The only time I was enjoying myself was during the previews and also when it finally got over. The previews were cool, because they had a GameCube preview, and a star wars episode 2 preview. The Gamecube preview was awsome, and they even showed footage of Star Fox, Mario Sunshine, and they Showed the Zelda logo(no footage, of course) It all just looked really nice up on the big screen. And if the preview for Star Wars tells me anything, it tells me that this one looks like it will be a lot better than Episode 1. It just looked really cool...maybe the movie wont be so cool, but after Episode 1, I wasnt even sure if I was going to go to see episode 2, but after seeing this preview, Im definately going to see it.

Perfect Stu
01-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Don't like the greatest fantasy movie ever made?

meh...

NEXT!

TheGrimReaper
01-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Strider kicks ass.

Drunk Hobbit
01-21-2002, 05:37 PM
No soup for you!

The_Dunadan
01-21-2002, 08:36 PM
can you at least give us a reason why?

ps. watch out for angrist

Jason1
01-21-2002, 09:02 PM
A reason why I didnt like LOTR? Well, I dunno...for one thing it was kinda hard to follow...and I like movies that I know what is going on. And Elisha Wood or whoever he is has to be gay, he just fricken has to be...and...3 hours is too long...there, there are my reasons, bring it on Angrist.

Drunk Hobbit
01-21-2002, 09:04 PM
I found it too short. *shrugs*

BlueFire
01-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh My GOD! ANGRIST IS GOING TO KILL YOU.

Neo
01-21-2002, 09:07 PM
heh, well the problem is you can tell the story was made for books, not the big screen. It loses something in the translation. Action scenes that I'm sure took up several pages in the book last only a couple min in the movie. It just doesn't flow the same way.

Fez
01-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
A reason why I didnt like LOTR? Well, I dunno...for one thing it was kinda hard to follow...and I like movies that I know what is going on. And Elisha Wood or whoever he is has to be gay, he just fricken has to be...and...3 hours is too long...there, there are my reasons, bring it on Angrist.

I've heard borderline "ok" responses on why LOTR isn't that great, I don't agree, but they're fair responses. That crap I just read is the poorest excuse fro not liking a movie ever. Basically you're saying that you're too stupid to understand the movie, or understand any of the emotion with it. I'm not going to tell you to **** off, because you're probably too young to understand, and that's fair. That's all i have to say.

Jason1
01-22-2002, 06:42 PM
I didnt like the movie. So what. You have to go and tell me to **** off because you think otherwise? I think ****ing not.

Perfect Stu
01-22-2002, 07:03 PM
well, you ARE a steelers fan...so I guess your stupidity can be overlooked... ;)

Jason1
01-22-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
well, you ARE a steelers fan...so I guess your stupidity can be overlooked... ;)

I think ill just Ignore that.

Perfect Stu
01-22-2002, 07:13 PM
ignore THIS:

STEELERS FANS ARE STUPID

There. Much harder to ignore... :D

Bond
01-22-2002, 07:22 PM
The movie was actually a very toned down version of the books. If you thought the movie was too hard to follow then I wouldn't read the books, because they are much more complicated.

gekko
01-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Fez

I've heard borderline "ok" responses on why LOTR isn't that great, I don't agree, but they're fair responses. That crap I just read is the poorest excuse fro not liking a movie ever. Basically you're saying that you're too stupid to understand the movie, or understand any of the emotion with it. I'm not going to tell you to **** off, because you're probably too young to understand, and that's fair. That's all i have to say.

Ever think they just didn't like it? Do we always need a reason? We all have different interests. Look at :unsure:, he doesn't like the history channel. Finds that stuff boring as hell. I love the old war docs. It's just interests.

Same thing applies to games and movies. If we don't like it, we don't like it. I mean, we're not movie critics complaining because of bad directing or something. We just have different interests.

I can't stand Gone With the Wind. I can't give a good reason why, I'm sure it's a great movie, I just don't like it.

Jason1
01-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bond
The movie was actually a very toned down version of the books. If you thought the movie was too hard to follow then I wouldn't read the books, because they are much more complicated.

Books...never heard of em...

wait...those things we use in school you mean?

Ric
01-23-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Oh My GOD! ANGRIST IS GOING TO KILL YOU.

No he's not, coz I got here first.

Ric -->:mad: :mad2: http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/borg.gif http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/pistols.gif ,_, http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/icons/icon-ow.gif http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/icons/icon-skull.gif http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif<-- Jason1

There that'll learn the little bugger. The film is great, or do you prefer Harry Potter.

The film is great but not half as good as the book, now where did that topic get to.

LoudHowardZERO
01-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Apparent;y next to the book the movie sucks... maybe see the movies before you read the book... ;)

Angrist
01-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Hey! What's this about me killing Jason1?? I don't like to hear that somebody doesn't like it (I only know of 4 now), but it's his opinion.
I can understand that some people can't catch up with the story...
But why do you think Elijah Wood is gay?? He played the roll just the way he should have. (And Tolkien describes Hobbits as 'gay' people, but back then gay had the meaning of cheer or something).

So... I'm not THAT kind of Tolkien fan... ;)

Gamer
01-23-2002, 12:45 PM
I thought the movie was, good, but then again, ive never even read the books. Right now i am reading Rainbow Six By Tom Clancey, its actually a really good book!

Drunk Hobbit
01-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
But why do you think Elijah Wood is gay?? He played the roll just the way he should have. (And Tolkien describes Hobbits as 'gay' people, but back then gay had the meaning of cheer or something).

Well, I started to wonder with Frodo and Sam in the 2nd and 3rd book...

:unsure:

Jason1
01-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Why do I think hes gay...I dunno...just look at him...that tells me all I need to know...

OK, I shouldnt judge by looks alone. But I do. Sue me.

TheGrimReaper
01-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Everyone has different likings.

Ginkasa
01-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Well I think it is a wonderful and maybe one of the best, if not THE best. Of course its different from the books, it has to be to be able to make sense on the big screen.

And I think only Sam is gay.....

Bond
01-23-2002, 07:28 PM

HAR HAR HAR.

Steelers fans are always the funniest. :rolleyes:

Jason1
01-23-2002, 08:40 PM

HAR HAR HAR.

Steelers fans are always the funniest. :rolleyes:

Is that a dis?

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Neo
heh, well the problem is you can tell the story was made for books, not the big screen. It loses something in the translation. Action scenes that I'm sure took up several pages in the book last only a couple min in the movie. It just doesn't flow the same way.

A very wise statement. Good point.

Angrist
01-24-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Link1130
And I think only Sam is gay..... No, he's in love with Rose Cotton. :stud:

The_Dunadan
01-24-2002, 07:33 PM
how many children did they have?

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 07:38 PM

LOL! Yeah, you know, those things with pages. ;)
I find myself each year inscribing these words, with a red marker, on the inside of the cover of my set of class books, "Incase of fire...please throw in."

The_Dunadan
01-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002

LOL! Yeah, you know, those things with pages. ;)
I find myself each year inscribing these words, with a red marker, on the inside of the cover of my set of class books, "Incase of fire...please throw in."

augh! that is terrible! i love books!

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan

augh! that is terrible! i love books!

Did I say books...uhhh...I meant... *thinks of something that rhymes with books* ... hooks :D

Bond
01-24-2002, 07:42 PM

Is that a dis?
No, not at all. It's a fact. :D

Angrist
01-25-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
how many children did they have? 13 why? ;)

Jason1
01-26-2002, 11:06 PM

No, not at all. It's a fact. :D

Well at least Steeler fans dont need mental help when their teams lose. *coughPackerscough*