PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Bros 3

Jin
04-15-2002, 05:58 PM
Who here has beaten the game? I've had it since I was 6, but never could beat it until Yesterday. It took me 5 long hours to beat, but I finally did it. That game would be one of the greatest if it only had a "save" feature. I'd always get to World 7 or 8, and give up because it was too hard, and once I beat an extremely hard level, I'd have to re-do it once I lost all my lives.:mad:

Neo
04-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah I've beat it when it came out; The game that gave me trouble was SMB 1. It took me forever to finish that game.

Bube
04-16-2002, 03:35 PM
I only played the game on an SNES emulator. I found out playing it with a keyboard sucked, so I haven't played it for about a year.
And it had a save feature in SMAS, right?

BigJustinW
04-16-2002, 03:41 PM
I have never beat that game... I use the whistle to get to the last level fast... but once I get far enough in that level I have a mental breakdown.

(keep in mind that I haven't played (with the intent to beat) that game in 5 years... when I was 13... soooooo I think I can beat it now :p)

Ric
04-16-2002, 03:45 PM
I actually cant remember weather I have completed it or not, I have the game on NES and with Super Mario All Stars on SNES with which you can save. If you cheat and get the magic flute from Toad it makes the game a whole lot easier. :D

As for SMB 1, there are warps so you can get to world 8 in no time, I dont think I ever got to world 8 without warping come to think of it.

GameMaster
04-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Jin, refresh my memory, is that last level pitch black? :confused:

Jin
04-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Ric
I actually cant remember weather I have completed it or not, I have the game on NES and with Super Mario All Stars on SNES with which you can save. If you cheat and get the magic flute from Toad it makes the game a whole lot easier. :D

As for SMB 1, there are warps so you can get to world 8 in no time, I dont think I ever got to world 8 without warping come to think of it.

You can save on Mario All Stars?!!! I didn't see a need to get that game before because I own all the Marios, but now I have one.

Originally posted by Ric
[B]If you cheat and get the magic flute from Toad it makes the game a whole lot easier. [B]

Actually it makes it a lot harder on yourself. If you get both flutes and go to World 8 near the beginning, you won't have any power-ups like P's, suits, or feathers. The last world will destroy you before you can even get to the 2nd part of it.

Originally posted by GameMaster
[B] Jin, refresh my memory, is that last level pitch black? [B]

World 8 starts off in a place with two of those cannon levels. After you go in the pipe it takes you to a place with a line of levels where a hand reaches and if it grabs you, you have to play the level. Once you beat that there is a third place where you have to beat about 3 levels that look like normal ones in previous worlds, and a fortress. After that you have to beat one more cannon level, and finally you get to go in Bowser's castle. It's definetly the hardest world in the game. It makes 7 seem like nothing.

Mad Marine
04-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah, The game was a great game. I liked the item system, it was great.