Bond
04-15-2002, 04:44 PM
I finally got cable, it's very nice. :D

GameMaster
04-15-2002, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the fast lane Bond! Have fun downloading!:D

The_Dunadan
04-15-2002, 08:41 PM
i get mine after my aol free trial runs out!

gekko
04-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
i get mine after my aol free trial runs out!

Funny thing about it is, you're still getting ripped off :D

Ric
04-16-2002, 03:38 PM
As I have said before they stopped putting cable in 1 god dammed mother *censored* street away from my house. It displeases and vexes me immensely. As for when I will be on a turbo fast connection...:unsure:

Gamer
04-16-2002, 05:39 PM
I am connected to ADSL, i dont know if you have it in the states ( im assuming you do though) In Canada it runs through Telus and is pretty well equally as fast as cable, only it doesnt slow down if there are lots of people in the neighbourhood using it. :D

sdtPikachu
04-17-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ric
As I have said before they stopped putting cable in 1 god dammed mother *censored* street away from my house. It displeases and vexes me immensely. As for when I will be on a turbo fast connection...:unsure:

Sucks to live in the UK. Thankfully, if I get a job in London, then I should have no probs getting an ADSL connection (prob just a 1/2 Mbit to start off with). Cable often gets you faster DLs in the UK (since sod all people use it), but DSL tends to have much faster latency which is better for online gaming.

Ah... a Linux box with DSL. Do you hear the words "24 hour downloads 7 days a week"?

Angrist
04-17-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bond
I finally got cable, it's very nice. :D I have a lot of cables here, of some I don't even know what they're for!!
.. ... .....

Oh you mean cable internet!! Welcome to the club man!

Cyrax9
04-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Welcome to light-speeds Bond. jus joined this club of Fast-lane users in Febuary.

I wanted DSL at fist, but Verizon screwed me, and everyone else in my neighboorhood out of it, and as far as ADSL goes, it's better for DLs, but ULs supposedly suck on it, otherwise I'd probably have Regular DSL, but Cable is great Also. Somehow I manage to DL alot of stuff faster with Cable than with DSL Users, I experemented, and DLed the Same songs off of WinMX from a DSL and a Cable user, and the Cable user was usually faster.

As for what Gekko said about being Ripped-off, I don't know what he means, unless he's talking about the fact that he's probably got the Marines Paying for an internet connection on an aircraft carrier. As for cam, I don't think he's managed to steal any Military internet connections yet, although he seems to be gone pretty long. Hmm, maybe we should try ad lure him online with a few games of UT ;) . I've only done a little Online Gaming with Cable, but what I've done was pretty damn fast, if I could fix my Aim I migfht actually hit the poor bastard a few times, instead of being fragged 15-1.