PDA

View Full Version : First (bad quality) shots of RE0 for gamecube

DeathsHand
04-15-2002, 04:13 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041502/re0/rezero_screen002.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041502/re0/rezero_screen001.jpg

In both shots, rebecca and... that other guy (forgot his name) are fighting together... I wonder if it will be like that a lot of the time... maybe there will be like a bunch of zombies and both characters plow their way through it ;)

It's hard to make stuff out... the first picture is very dark and the second picture looks like there's a ton of crap all over the place... :unsure:

and as you can tell, they're using the pre-rendered backgrounds again (although I think they said that before)... yep...

I can't wait to sees more stuff on this game... It says it takes place on the train and surrounding areas... but so far we've only seen stuff from the train (even on the N64 version I think)... I wanna see more why must they tease us with two crappy screenshots? :baby:

Blix
04-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Those look REALLY bad. Well, anyway. I think it looks interesting.

Gamer
04-15-2002, 05:27 PM
hmm, i cant even tell whats going on in either of those shots, they are too fuzzy. I'll wait for better shots before judging this one.

DeathsHand
04-15-2002, 05:51 PM
In the first picture, it looks like rebecca and the other main character have their backs to each other holding their guns up, and there's a zombie coming at rebecca...

and in the second one, rebecca is near the front left aiming at one zombie and the other guy is in the back middle aiming at another... :p

but as for graphics... no you can't judge by those screenshots... but what's there to judge? It's gonna have pre-rendered backgrounds... and I heard them say it would be as good or better than RE1's... *shrugs*

UncleNoName
04-15-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
but as for graphics... no you can't judge by those screenshots... but what's there to judge? It's gonna have pre-rendered backgrounds... and I heard them say it would be as good or better than RE1's... *shrugs*

I really can't see them releasing RE0 without graphics as good or better than RE1's. People are going to look for improvements in everything and anything less than RE1 will be a HUGE disappointment. Capcom wound not want to disappoint anyone, so they will hopefully try to improve any of RE1's shortcomings...

DeathsHand
04-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Generic

I really can't see them releasing RE0 without graphics as good or better than RE1's. People are going to look for improvements in everything and anything less than RE1 will be a HUGE disappointment. Capcom wound not want to disappoint anyone, so they will hopefully try to improve any of RE1's shortcomings...

Umm... well they also might make a fully 3D RE game (like RE:CV) again... maybe RE4 will be that? And if they do, those graphics wouldn't even compare to RE1 or 0... Or at least most of it... maybe in some of the small hallways and such, but like the forest area... or the guardhouse/underground shark tank area... whatever...

But then again, with so many Nintendo fans going crazy over RE1's graphics, they might stick with pre-rendered for the rest of the NGC RE games (I say the rest because there might be more after RE4... of course RE2 and 3 will have pre-rendered... and RE:CV is fully 3D, but I'm talking rest of the NEW ones :p )

Edit: I'll just edit this in so I don't make too many replies *shrugs*

"But considering the re-make has only just been released, they probably wont release anything more until E3"

Well, that may be true (it's expected to be playable at E3, actually), but the game isn't that far off... I think it's due out sometime during the summer in Japan... RE1 came out spring and we first saw it.. what? Fall 2001? And it wasn't at some special game show was it? So they could release a few before E3, maybe... :p

C.H
04-15-2002, 06:26 PM
why must they tease us with two crappy screenshots? :baby:

I think thats because there scans from a Japanese magazine, at least thats what other sites say about the screen shots. I think we'll have to wait until Capcom themselfs release screen shots on there own website. But considering the re-make has only just been released, they probably wont release anything more until E3.

But yea, you can hardly make anything out on those shots.

Apart from the second shot, it looks like a train crash, i'd love to see it in much more detail to work out exactly what it is :confused:, ah well.

GameKinG
04-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Im sure we will be getting much better shots from E3.

fingersman
04-16-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Generic

Well even if the graphics are same and suff if the the crappy control is improved and the gameplay becomes better (and the graphics stay the same) then I think the fans won't bother about the graphics that much....well atleast I wouldn't.

DeathsHand
04-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by fingersman

if the the crappy control is improved and the gameplay becomes better (and the graphics stay the same) then I think the fans won't bother about the graphics that much

I would think that most RE fans wouldn't have much of a problem with RE's controls (me being one of them), and if they are changed, it could just dissapoint them...

Although I do think they should make them full analog... but when it comes to movement, I think it's fine... left turns left, right turns right, forward makes the character go straight, back makes him go back... it's not very hard... :p

Like if they changed it to something like Devil May Cry, it would just feel kinda weird maybe cuz I'm used to play RE with... RE controls... not to mention if they used pre-rendered backgrounds, the camera would keep changing and you'd need to keep repositioning the way you're pushing the stick... but I've said that before :p

I hope they don't do much to change the controls except maybe add a couple more features or something (maybe a crouch button or something could be added to help dodge zombies... like if you're focusing on shooting one zombie, but another is coming up behind you, when he lunges at you, if you hit the crouch button in time you dodge the attack... *shrugs* Make there be a bit more to the gameplay than walking around, picking up items, shooting things... etc... although they did add defensive weapons in the RE1 remake which sound neat...) and make the movement analog...

GameMaster
04-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Could this be a cooperation game where two people can play together at the same time? Cool!! :D

DeathsHand
04-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Could this be a cooperation game where two people can play together at the same time? Cool!! :D

With pre-rendered backgrounds and on the same screen? I doubt it...

In MGS2 towards the end there is a part where raiden and snake both fight together... and there's even a part where they have their back's to each other like in the first shot (although in MGS2 that one was part of a cutscene)... but there's no co-op mode :p

Usually games that have co-op modes have either more action or more objectives... RE isn't very big on the action, and when it comes to objectives, it's just looking around finding where to go next... *shrugs*...

I think they should make more games with co-op modes :D

Blix
04-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Hehe Imagine when you are in one room and your friend is in another. The camera would stay in one room and the other player would be playing blind. That would be a mess. So don't hope for a REcooperative game. Except the survivor series (which BTW is crappy, I was completely dissapointed).

DeathsHand
04-16-2002, 10:43 PM
I was looking at some of the new (better quality... although still not the best) RE0 pictures (in multiple windows) that IGN put up tonight... when all of a sudden it said I needed to be an insider to see them... so I saved the ones I had open and uploaded them to my lil' place... here ya go... 3 of 'em

http://www.liquid2k.com/deathshand/re0-1.jpg

http://www.liquid2k.com/deathshand/re0-2.jpg

http://www.liquid2k.com/deathshand/re0-3.jpg

C.H
04-18-2002, 02:10 PM

http://www.liquid2k.com/deathshand/re0-3.jpg

That last screen shot looks pretty good, the train appears to be moving at great speed. And looks like a pretty big train as well.

I wonder how it starts, it's obvious that you end up getting off the train. By looking at the screen shot in that large room (unless the carriages are waaaayyyyyyyy big), and the screen shot of the train crash. I wonder if it all starts on the train, or your some how lead on to the train.