PDA

View Full Version : Regarding KPT Effects...

GameMaster
04-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Ok, I downloaded a set of special effects plug-ins called KPT Effects. I don't know how to bring these in with the rest of my filters in Photohop. Has anyone here ever added extra filters to Photoshop? If yes, please tell me how you did it. Thanks! :)

Cyrax9
04-15-2002, 02:26 PM
I wish I could help, but I don't have photoshop, I'm hoping to get Paintshop Pro by the end of the year, which is almost just as good as photoshop and costs a LOT less $$$.

What I'd do first though, is see if there's a readme on KPT effects, or something about adding filters in an adobe FAQ, after that I'm not sure what to do.

Here are soe rules I've figured out.

#1. try the simple stuff first, sometimes the aswer is in fron of your face.

#2. Read ther Reame if not already done.

#3. Try and locate other files of it's type.

#4. if all else fails, contact tech support. (Techs hate whe 'm around, because I usualy have a problem along the lines of complete disaster, and they can here me before the phone even rings, Alinewae in particlaur seems to be sick of me complaining that I have defective compnets, or a Defective component that they stil aven fixed aka the DVD-ROM drive).

GameMaster
04-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks Cyrax. Yeah, I downloaded Adobe Photoshop along with KPT Effects so the only disadvantage is I don't get user manuals. I'm going to try your helpful solutions now. Thanks man! :)

Bube
04-16-2002, 03:31 PM
I have PS 5, and I d/loaded 2 plug-ins before. There should be a folder called "Plug-Ins" under the Adobe/Photoshop folder. Put all the stuff in there. If it's an .exe file, install it into that folder.

Cyrax9
04-20-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm still using Adobe Illustrator 8.0, which My Uncle GAVE to me, disc and all! It's not as flashy as Photoshop, but I was using Illustartor today, and it has alot of the same stuff, so it's probably pretty similar, somewhat Like M$ slapping the words Notepad and Wordpad on two almost Identical Text Editors, except adobe usually gives you decent stuff. I'm going to buy Paintshop Pro soon, but I have to decide what I want to bu first between three things I'm looking at, however Paintshop Pro is high on the list. It's also cheaper than Photoshop if you want to get a good photo-program without taking out a second mortgage on your house.