PDA

View Full Version : Can you see my Avatar (Please Read)?

Cyrax9
04-14-2002, 11:43 PM
OK, it's come to my atention, that my avatar wasn't showing up thanks to AOL, I'm using a Jpeg version of it now, it should be "Rinoa Heartilly" from FF8, if anyone can see it, please tell me here. Thank you.

jeepnut
04-15-2002, 12:20 AM
Yep. Can see.

GameMaster
04-15-2002, 12:32 AM
I can see it now but most of the time it never shows. Nice avatar might I add.

Cyrax9
04-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks Jeepnut and Gamemaster.

Oh, and Gamemaster, thanks for the compliment, as for why it only shows smetimes, I have a feeling it's because I'm behind a firewall, and I use disk cleanup after each time I log off of AOL, which deletes all the Temporary internet files that eat away my HDD. If the picture goes crazy again, and alot of people havetrouble seeing it, let me know, otherwise it just might be your browser, I know pictures don't show upon certain websites with all three browsers I've tried, IE6 (yeah, it's crap I know), AOL's browser (Not as bad as IE6, but still a pain in the rear), and Netscape (I hate Netscape, because it's soo easy to use, but it crashes the damn PC, if it dsidn't crash, I might use it still), of course there's always Opera, but I'm not read to try anpother browser. Also I found a new seach engine targeted to take out "gogle", but it's run by the same copanmy, so I dn't see the point.

The engine is called Teoma.com, and is based out of my homestate, it's still somewhat limited on websites listed, but they're constanly adding new sites, I like it beterthan google, which gave me more filler than actual information, but I'm going to see if GT is listed on it, if it is, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Ric
04-15-2002, 03:02 PM
I am not sure what was going on but when I made the comment about your avatar not working the GT logo at the top of the page was also not working. That only seemed temporary though and your avatar not working may just be coincidence. :unsure: Whatever it seems sorted now.

GameMaster
04-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Hey Cyrax, if you want I can load your avatar into my storage. I have Joeiss' and mine there also. Then I'll just give you the URL and you can pop that into the avatar address. Let me know...

Angrist
04-17-2002, 06:17 AM
Isn't that avatar on the GT server?? :confused: I mean... when you wanna change your avatar... it shows that pic... :confused:

Cyrax9
04-20-2002, 10:40 PM
I think Crash might be running it off of the GT server from when we started the site, because the old Serer wouldn't take it from My PC, but as far as I know ity's running of my HDD, because I've taken it directly from their, also when the GT Logo dosen't show, I also see some avatar's show up as the ugly red microsoft "X", so it's probably coincidence.

Thanks for the Offer GameMaster, but for now I'm just going to leave it like this, because I checked it in IE 6 and it showed up just fine, however if it becomes a persistant problem, then I might take you up on that offer. Thanks though GameMaster, I love the way your Avatar looks, think about one of the reasons I bought my Alienware Computer. Now if they'd onl fix the DVD-ROM drive, I'd be extremly pleased, I payed $3000 with a 3 year warrenty so if anything was broken THEY could fix it, not me. ;)

If I didn't pay for an extended warrenty, I'd rip the thing out myself and install a new drive, but I preferto use the Warenty while I have it.