PDA

View Full Version : GBA Icons

Cyrax9
04-13-2002, 03:15 PM
OK, hre are some hand drawn GBA icons in .zip format, they don't look that good, (I made them, what do you expect? ;) ), but they are all the same with one minor diferance, Color . I have the four major colors in the US, as well as the new Limited Edition Platinum system due out on June 3rd of this year, aka the Japanese Silver system.

Anyway, here they are, feel free to take a look.

Edit: I forgot, you have to save this zip file to your hard disk, but check it out anyway, they were all based around the platinum GBA.

Ric
04-14-2002, 10:10 AM
Dont be so modest Cyrax9 yours are great, you drew them from scratch, I am useless at drawing from scratch, I always use templates, I will try and make some GBA icons myself, oh and here are two modified versions of yours.

Cyrax9
04-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the modifiactions Ric. I was going to do the coveted Black Japanese one, but I couldn'\t find the right color pallette to make it look right.

Oh, BTW, maybe you guys think they look better tyhan I did, because I was looking at them through the Icon editor, which is usually hard to judge with.

Thanks for the yellow one Ric, as well as the compliment, Normally my freehand sucks, but if you like these, than I'm even more pleased that someone likes them, because I designed them using a mouse from a 486 PC, with no scroll-wheel, a badd ball, and two buttons.

You probably already know, but my laser mouse died last week, so AlienWare has to send me a new one, and I have to contact them fora new recovery CD-ROM tommorrow, because the original was defective, which may explain why half of my software didn't work correctly.

Ric, I the first electronic drawing I did were all from templates, I( even used a "power Rangers" coloring book program, to try and start getting the hang of filling in areas of a picture on the PC. M best free-hand drawing was of the Enterprise-A from the "Star Trek" movies Vi,V, and IV. It was done in MS paint on a 486, with 4 views of the ship, and Theonly thing I used for referance was a model kit my dad and I had put together, I should kick myself for not keeping a copy of that drawing.

As soon as the toy company "Art Asylum" released their version of the "Enterprise" ship Enterprise NX-01, I'll probably draw that, as well as the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E, which will also become Icons, as soon as the toys come out, the NX-01 will be out this July, and the Enterprise-E is schedualed for a a fall-winter release to co-enside with the new movie "Nemesis".

If I ever find a copy of that Picture, I'll try and post it on GT, it was done on an archaic 486 in 1994 and and I was much younger, so it probably dosen't look that god, but it's beter than some stuff I've whipped up. Also, the lettering on the ship was hand drawn, so you can see that I did ewverything from looking at a Model and usi ng my Memory.