PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Shares Drop

Bond
04-13-2002, 02:11 PM
According to Bloomberg news, Nintendo's shares have fallen 5.6%, due to concerns that the company was not selling the hardware and software as quickly as anticipated. This is the biggest drop in their shares in more than three months. Nintendo said they might not reach their sales projections to the GameBoy Advance price cut and software delays.

Jonbo298
04-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Well, thats what you get if you keep delaying software. Maybe Nintendo will finally learn that delays are a bad thing (sometimes that is). But, this doesnt affect me, I know Nintendo will do a major rebound this year with RE, ED, Mario,Zelda,Metroid, Star Fox.................

Joeiss
04-13-2002, 04:13 PM
That sucks. But is 5.6% really all that much? It doesn't seem like it. It is a relatively small number.

Shadow_Link
04-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Bond, when you start a topic, you really should do more than just copy and pasting a bit of text. Try and add your thoughts on the situation. I remember a few months back, BJW posted a good example of what thread starters should be. Oh, and you forgot the link :D.

Back to topic, well, isn't a profit of around under $1 billion good enough? I guess the share values are around the same value as they were before Square joined the fold.

Joeiss, trust me, 5.6% is ALOT! Especially when you consider the amount of money involved.

Joeiss
04-13-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Back to topic, well, isn't a profit of around under $1 billion good enough? I guess the share values are around the same value as they were before Square joined the fold.

Joeiss, trust me, 5.6% is ALOT! Especially when you consider the amount of money involved.

Damn. We are talking about the billions here? Wow. That is like 178 million dollars.

But I guess that is pocket change for Nintendo! ;)

bobcat
04-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Wonder if I could get .1% of all that :unsure:

:(

Bond
04-13-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Bond, when you start a topic, you really should do more than just copy and pasting a bit of text. Try and add your thoughts on the situation. I remember a few months back, BJW posted a good example of what thread starters should be. Oh, and you forgot the link :D.

I have no opinion on the subject. That's why I didn't post my non-opinion. When I have an opinion I will post it.

And I always add links to whatever article I post. When I don't add a link to the article that means it's from... the very site that we're at. :rolleyes:

BlueFire
04-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Bond

And I always add links to whatever article I post. When I don't add a link to the article that means it's from... the very site that we're at. :rolleyes: :wave:

quiet mike
04-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Well the shares did drop a bit but the ammount seems to be affected by the weaker value of the yen during the last weeks. So when it boosts up a bit it will seem like Nintendo is making extra profit, but it's just it's shares gaining more value.

This is a daily thing. Only changes of 10% and up really affect a company even after the rebound.

fingersman
04-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey Mike do you do business management or something because you seem pretty informed when it comes to these sort of things....as for me I never really understood the stock market ( although I never tried to )

All I know is that drops are bad ;). Damn I got a lot to learn.

Ric
04-14-2002, 01:34 PM
You are all forgetting one key issue here. The Gamecube hasn'y been released in the UK or the rest of Europe yet, launch date May 3rd.

This is a HUGE market and without worldwide coverage of the Gamecube shares are bound to drop, you wait and see by the end of this year their shares will be as precious as diamonds.

GameKinG
04-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Stock goes up and down daily for many companies. This isnt much news. If nintendo has held off a loss of 5.6 for three months I suppose thats a good thing. I dont know much about stock, I but I know there are rapid changes.

Angrist
04-15-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Ric
You are all forgetting one key issue here. The Gamecube hasn'y been released in the UK or the rest of Europe yet, launch date May 3rd.

This is a HUGE market and without worldwide coverage of the Gamecube shares are bound to drop, you wait and see by the end of this year their shares will be as precious as diamonds. We'll make the shares go up! :D

Jin
04-16-2002, 02:08 AM
No big deal. All companies go through rough times. It's just a matter of whether they can rebound or not. A 5% drop will hurt, but it won't be fatal.