PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite?

Jin
04-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Which Final Fantasy do you like the best in the series?

Right now FF9 is my favorite. It mixes the best of the old and new to make one heck of a game. It solved the problem that destroyed FF8, on summons it would skip the 15 second movie and get to the point. In FF8, in every battle you'd have to watch your GF fly in the air, stall, and then shoot a beam or whatever at the enemy. It was good the first few times, but after a while it got annoying. FF9 also let you have 4 characters at one time, which I like a lot more than 3. The story was mediocre, and the ending was weak, but the game itself was great.

BlueFire
04-13-2002, 01:46 PM
I think Final Fantasy IX is my favorite too. Very easy game, but it is still my favorite. FFVII would come to a close second, and FFIII (I'm still playing it) would come third. FFVIII has a lot of..err...romance. In my honest opinion, I like FFVIII the least. To me, I had fun playing FFIX.

One Winged Angel
04-13-2002, 05:08 PM
FFVIII was way to easy. All you had to do was draw magic and u can beat the game... simple as that.

My bad...

BlueFire
04-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Really? I would like to know where you got this copy of Final Fantasy 13...:p

DeathsHand
04-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Tie between 7 and 10... never played 9...

*bluefire walks in*

Bluefire: "BUY FF9 AND CHRINNI CROSS OR I KEEL YUO!"

... :unsure:

I dunno why... I just liked them the most... and I don't like the older ones much at all (older as in FF2, 3, etc)... *shrugs*...

*shrugs*............. *shrugs*

BlueFire
04-13-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
Tie between 7 and 10... never played 9...

*bluefire walks in*

Bluefire: "BUY FF9 AND CHRINNI CROSS OR I KEEL YUO!"
I never liked FF2/4. Boring IMO. And I haven't told you recently to buy either of those games...:mad:

I love FF7 to death. FF8 seems to have a lot of...love.

Sigma
04-14-2002, 12:22 AM
FF7 wins by leaps and bounds. Its the only one that i thought was perfect.

Jin
04-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Really? I would like to know where you got this copy of Final Fantasy 13...:p

LMAO!:lol:

Anyway, FF7 would have to be next on my list. I loved how the materia was used. Ingenious on Square's part.

Ridley
04-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Hmmm.... never played VIII, IX, or X (but I want to). So it would have to be III, V, or VII. I've always thought V was pretty good, but I'll say FF VII.

Yugi Starwind
04-14-2002, 01:58 PM
FFVII Is my favorite.

Sly_Fox
04-15-2002, 09:57 PM
FFIII. My first FF game, and it was incredibly awesome. It had a rather mature, gripping storyline that just drew me right in.

Then, just my luck, my game got erased the day that I was going to defeat Kefka, the final boss....*sniff*....

:(

Jin
04-16-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Sly_Fox
FFIII. My first FF game, and it was incredibly awesome. It had a rather mature, gripping storyline that just drew me right in.

Then, just my luck, my game got erased the day that I was going to defeat Kefka, the final boss....*sniff*....

:(

I know how you feel. The first time I played through FF7, I was nearly done with the game and then my file was erased. It ruined the whole experience.:(

Crono
04-16-2002, 07:33 PM
FFVII all the way! FFX would come second. The only thing bad about FFX was that it was too linear until you got the airship, and the real voices kinda made the dialogue seem weird at times, because the other characters cant say Tidus' name.

Mechadragon
04-22-2002, 08:25 PM
FF 9, I just love the characters. I actually cared about them. If Squall or Cloud were to die I'd just laugh; but if Zidane or Vivi were to die I would be sad. Not sure why....must be the deformity.

As for 7, I will admit it had the better story but I HATE MATERIA!!!!

And don't even get me started on 8, I like to earn my magic rather than spending 3+ hours drawing it. There were some good parts to FF8, but drawing magic was not one of them.

Anyway, I just like the oldschool style of learning magic while leveling up.

My decision may change if I ever get a PS2 and get to finish X(gotta love that sphere grid).

Man, all this talk about FF makes me think of a FF3 port for GBA.

Ginkasa
04-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Seeings as FFVII is the only one that I really ever played through and wasn't rushed I'll have to pick that as my favorite :unsure:

Revival
04-23-2002, 09:26 AM
No, but BLueFire has told me to buy both of them :D

I'd have to go with the only one I have played... FFVII