PDA

View Full Version : Mario Golf And Mario Tennis Confirmed For Gamecube

Ric
04-13-2002, 01:15 PM
In the most recent issue of Famitsu magazine it was revealed that both games are in development for the Gamecube. There were some screenshots too.

Source: NGC Magazine Issue 67.

The games are being developed by Camelot, the people behind Golden Sun for the Gameboy Advance.

The screenshots look great, revealing good textures such as the fur on tennis balls and grass that looks... like grass.

From these shots it can be determined that Mario, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Dasiy, Wario and Bowser are playable characters.

The games are believed to be much the same as their N64 counterparts and will stick to the original modes of play however you should expect to see an array or new features.

Sorry I have no link to a website but if anyone could find one...

Blix
04-13-2002, 01:29 PM
They should be working on GS for GC. :mad: But Mario Tennis is ok!

gekko
04-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Old news man.

Ric
04-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by gekko
Old news man.

:baby: Well... well... I only just found out :baby: its new news to me, at least I tried. :baby: it's not my fault America hears everything before I do :baby:

Joeiss
04-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Wow. Two more ports to join Super Smash Bros. I am getting sick of these same games with updated graphics. There should be a Mario VolleyBall or something.

gekko
04-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Wow. Two more ports to join Super Smash Bros.

They're called sequels. And they're a good way to make money... hence SSB Melee, Wave Race Blue Storm, Genma Onimusha, Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams, etc.

And there's not much you can do to a sports games but give a similar game with better graphics.

Joeiss
04-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by gekko

They're called sequels. And they're a good way to make money... hence SSB Melee, Wave Race Blue Storm, Genma Onimusha, Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams, etc.

And there's not much you can do to a sports games but give a similar game with better graphics.

Companies like EA Sports who do this are fine. This is because it is what is expected from them.

When Mario Golf and Mario Tennis came out on N64, everybody liked it because it was a new, fresh idea. I think that Nintendo should bring some new, fresh sports ideas to the GameCube, not just making sequals which will be just the same with updated graphics.

GameMaster
04-14-2002, 03:00 PM
I'll get Mario Tennis, but I don't know about golf, didn't like it that much. And the fact that I stunk at the game has nothing to do with it... :D

gekko
04-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Companies like EA Sports who do this are fine. This is because it is what is expected from them.

When Mario Golf and Mario Tennis came out on N64, everybody liked it because it was a new, fresh idea. I think that Nintendo should bring some new, fresh sports ideas to the GameCube, not just making sequals which will be just the same with updated graphics.

What do you expect them to do? Change the sport of golf?

They can change some things, but overall, the game is going to be the same, because golf is golf and tennis is tennis. And right now, we don't know what is new in the same. I mean, new courses, some new characters, and new modes completely changes the sport of golf. And considering how the games came late in N64's life, many people never got a chance to own the great games, and now they will if they buy a Gamecube.

Some games are classics, and should be redone with better graphics. Wave Race was like that, sure. But Wave Race is a great game, and it's still fun. Mario Golf and Tennis kicked ass, and I'd love to get a sequel to play. Hell, there's a lot of games I've played on N64 that I would love to see with updated graphics. Excitebike 64, Wailae Country Club, Sin & Punishment, etc. Some games are classics, and are fun years later. Mario Golf and Tennis are some of those games, so why not make sequels?

DeathsHand
04-14-2002, 05:47 PM
I think they should make a dodgeball game... like Super Dodgeball on NES... but with the Nintendo characters... like in Mario golf and tennis... :sneaky:

How about Mario Bowling? Ok maybe not bowling ;)

GameKinG
04-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Would you rather them make mario foxy boxing?

BreakABone
04-14-2002, 06:00 PM
I'm all for a new Mario Golf and Tennis.

the game was a killer for the Nintendo 64.

I mean I heard they will be reworking Tennis a tad to make it a bit easier, but other than that they could add more mini games and zany courses.

Well, I think they are also good business moves for Nintendo.

1)They already proved to be popular games on the n64.
2)They have a solid game engine already.
3)They could release it early in the year so they don't have another drought like the beginning of this year.

Blix
04-15-2002, 04:21 AM
Mario wrestling anyone?:D I'd love to beat the hell out of toad.

Angrist
04-15-2002, 07:35 AM
Look at Ric's first post here. 'Camelot, the makers of GS for AGB'. Why don't they tell they also made Mario Tennis and Golf for the N64?? :rolleyes:

And Mario Tennis was almost perfect, how could they improve it???
But yes, a new sports game would be nice.

But a sequel is always easier than a totally new game.
My guess is they're already working on a new original Mario Sports game. Baseball or something... :confused:

Edit: Hey, that was a thoughtfull post!! ;) (hint hint)

Angrist
04-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Hello??? Justin or GameKing???
Isn't that last post at least worth 25 dblns?? Stop ignoring me!

Joeiss
04-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
Look at Ric's first post here. 'Camelot, the makers of GS for AGB'. Why don't they tell they also made Mario Tennis and Golf for the N64??

And Mario Tennis was almost perfect, how could they improve it???
But yes, a new sports game would be nice.

But a sequel is always easier than a totally new game.
My guess is they're already working on a new original Mario Sports game. Baseball or something...

Edit: Hey, that was a thoughtfull post!! (hint hint)

Hello??? Justin or GameKing???
Isn't that last post at least worth 25 dblns?? Stop ignoring me!

Wow man. Calm yourself. I didn't even think that your post was a thoughtful post. Hell, I do not think it was even close. And thoughtful posts usually just happen, they are not recognized by begging and begging and begging.

Angrist
04-18-2002, 06:08 AM
I'd like to post some really interesting threads but I wanna do it in Black Project but Neo still hasn't signed me up!

Oh yeah, who gave me that 100 dblns??