PDA

View Full Version : I need help on which games to get this year.

Sigma
04-11-2002, 02:02 AM
hey guys. I need help on which games to get for ps2 this year. I'm not just talking about games that are coming out either.

what games do you guys suggest, and make them your top choices cause i'm already getting 7 gamecube games. I'm thinking of getting an xbox too, but there is no way i'll have the money so maybe i'll get it in 2003. I don't feel right wasting too much money on video games. I probably can't get more than maybe 2 or 3 ps2 games now so they have to be the best of the games.

I'm thinking Kingdom Hearts, FFXI (if i like it and there's no online fee), Xeno Saga (whenever that comes out). All 3 are some sort of rpg but that's pretty much what the ps2 is good for. VF4 looks like a lot of fun too, but i'm not sure right now cause i'm gonna be playing ff9, chrono trigger, and chrono cross.

Griever
04-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Ah its good to be back!

Get FFX........ simple.

Professor S
04-11-2002, 10:47 AM
GTA 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2, but DEFINITELY GTA 3. One of the best games I've ever played.

MGS2 is very good, but is basically the same thing as MGS but witrh better graphics, but surprisingly the graphics aren't really THAT much better. I don't know if thats a dis to MGS2 or a compliment to the excellence of MGS.:D

Perfect Stu
04-11-2002, 11:21 AM
If you don't have them already:

GTA3
MGS2
FFX
ICO (you should be able to find it for $25)
VF4

upcomming:

Spiderman
Stuntman
S-Man (jk :p)
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Kingdom Hearts
Timesplitters 2
Soul Calibur 2 (PS2's controller is the best for this game IMO)

and for the RPG fan:

XenoSaga
Suikoden 3 (sp?)
Wild Arms 3
Star Ocean 3 (that might be out in 2003 tho)
Final Fantasy XI

that's all I can think of...

Oh, and Strangler, MGS2 has great graphics :)

Professor S
04-11-2002, 01:21 PM
I should have said presentation, not graphics. The animations and camera angles seemed pretty much the same as the first one as did the models in the in-game scenes. The cut scenes DO look great, though.

My main complaint with the graphics is the lack of sufficient lighting effects (epecially when shooting in dark areas, the screen should have exploded with light instead of just flickering... maybe Halo spoiled me with that, though) The colors didn't seem as rich as they should have been either.

The first person mode was nice for the sniping enemies, but it seemed incomplete because all you could do was aim. It would have been nice if you could strafe at little to get a better shot off.

Its still a great game, I just thought it had some areas that they could have improved on, but thats true with almost every game.

bobcat
04-11-2002, 06:16 PM
I'd get all 3, and VF4 as well.

But if you only want 3, wouldn't you rather have 2 rpg's and a fighting game, rather than 3 rpg's?

Sigma
04-11-2002, 07:16 PM
oh yeah

i already have MGS2, GTA3, FFX, and DMC.

Sigma
04-11-2002, 07:27 PM
GTA3 (have)
MGS2 (have)
FFX (have)
ICO (I saw it for 29.99, but i didn't have money to buy it and it was sold out. DAMN IT! It was at block buster and it wasn't even used)
VF4 (seems to be like the best fighter out right now and i want to get it)

upcomming:

Spiderman (i don't think i'll buy this for any of the consoles, but i'll surely rent it)
Stuntman (don't want)
S-Man (jk ) (lol)
Medal of Honor: Frontline (computer game)
Kingdom Hearts (wanna get)
Timesplitters 2 (not for ps2 if i get it)
Soul Calibur 2 (i'll surely get it, but i'm not sure for which system. I'll wait till it comes out and try it on all the systems)

and for the RPG fan:

XenoSaga (HELL YEAH!)
Suikoden 3 (looks awesome, thinking of getting it)
Wild Arms 3 (never heard of it)
Star Ocean 3 (whenever it comes out, i'm getting it)
Final Fantasy XI (still have to see how it turns out, and if i have time)

great list. I'm sure there are other good games that we're missing though.

One Winged Angel
04-11-2002, 10:54 PM
I have been behind in my Ps2 news. Has MOH: Allied Assault come out yet?

newname
04-11-2002, 11:50 PM
twsted metal black was a good game noboy mentioned. so is ja and daxter.:D

Neo
04-12-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69
twsted metal black was a good game noboy mentioned. so is ja and daxter.:D

I'm tired of seeing your user name all over the forums. Choose a new name or keep the one I've picked for you.

Professor S
04-12-2002, 07:52 AM
I don't believe I 'm about to do this, but here goes...

I am going to defend Leatherface's right to pick his own name.

I am certainly no fan of Leatherface and he knows why... but Neo, what you just did is a complete abuse of power. His name, while many might find it annoying, is not offensive in any way. And no, its not meant to be read as "I Eat Her Face 69" as some believe, which makes no sense at all because if you are 69ing, it ain't her face you should be eating.:D

My point is that you can't just go around changing people's screen names willy nilly because you don't happen to like it. Well, you can, but its complete fascist BS.

What maakes the internet so appealing to so many is the freedom to be whoever you like, no matter who you are. You just took that from Leatherface.

Perfect Stu
04-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
I don't believe I 'm about to do this, but here goes...

I am going to defend Leatherface's right to pick his own name.

I am certainly no fan of Leatherface and he knows why... but Neo, what you just did is a complete abuse of power. His name, while many might find it annoying, is not offensive in any way. And no, its not meant to be read as "I Eat Her Face 69" as some believe, which makes no sense at all because if you are 69ing, it ain't her face you should be eating.:D

My point is that you can't just go around changing people's screen names willy nilly because you don't happen to like it. Well, you can, but its complete fascist BS.

What maakes the internet so appealing to so many is the freedom to be whoever you like, no matter who you are. You just took that from Leatherface.

at least he didn't ban him...which many believe he should have...post cramming is not cool, and he's been warned many times...I do see your point strangler, but Leatherface HAS been warned and has ignored the warnings...

Professor S
04-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Why do you think he got banned from PVG?

He is a notorious post crammer, but if you are going to ban him for post cramming, just ban him for post cramming. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Changing his name to try and run him out of GT seems a little pointless if that is what you are trying to achieve, and it sets a precident that looks a little dangerous IMO.

Neo
04-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler

um, no. I didn't take anything from him because he never had it in the first place. The boards are privately owned and the only freedoms you have are the ones we give you.

Professor S
04-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Well thats a very nice mindset on the subject...

Kind of reminds me of Germany circa 1938':p'

Just because you have to power to do something doesn't mean you should or make it right. Hence the "abuse of power" comment.

So when do the goosestepping classes begin at GT? SIGN ME UP

GameMaster
04-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Look Strangler, it's Neo forums, he can do whatever he wants. Why shouldn't Neo play around with his account. Leatherface has been an sorry ass from day one. It's too late to defend him anyway... He's been banned, rejoice and thank the gods! :D

Now, if Neo does this to someone who hasn't done anything, I agree, he shouldn't do that, but still, he can do whatever he wants...

Professor S
04-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Yes, Neo has the right to do what he wants with his forums...

And its my right to say that I think its complete fascist BS. Ban him, or don't ban him, but don't abuse the power that you gave yourself because they are your forums.

And just for the record, I can't stand Leatherface and I'm glad he's gone, but messing around with people's accounts because you don't like them is not kosher in my book.

Like I said before, ban, or don't ban, but don't get your rocks off by playing God with someone's account. But thats my opinion, which I have a complete right to speak my mind on.

But then again, maybe if I speak my mind too much and Neo doesn't like it, he'll just change my name to "Captain Shinypants" or something else rediculous.

*cowers in fear*:rolleyes:

Xantar
04-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, but I just noticed it while I was bored and reading the Treasure Trove Forum.

All I wanted to say is:

I've started an abuse of power fad! Yeah! Go me!

Ok, move right along, people. :D