PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition

Danchastu 2.0
04-09-2002, 04:40 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005Y2BX.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ric
04-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Is this an attempt to boost sales outside the USA?

They should make a green one.

Bond
04-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ric
Is this an attempt to boost sales outside the USA?

They should make a green one.
I believe that is the special edition Xbox available on the Japan launch.

Yoda9864
04-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Oh, I thought for a second they were going to make it smaller. Lol!:D

Joeiss
04-10-2002, 09:32 PM
uh.... What is different?

EDIT : Oh... it is transparent. I've got bad eyes, or something.

Bond
04-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864
Oh, I thought for a second they were going to make it smaller. Lol!:D
I believe the controller is smaller. But if your talking about the console it is the same size.

Jin
04-11-2002, 04:19 PM
I like it a lot better, especially the controller. Would a Japanese controller work on a US XBox?

Bond
04-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jin
I like it a lot better, especially the controller. Would a Japanese controller work on a US XBox?
I believe the Japanese controller works on the US Xbox. But you could always wait for the Controller S in any case.

Jin
04-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Controller S? Is that a smaller version or something?

Angrist
04-12-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Jin
Controller S? Is that a smaller version or something? Yep! But don't ask me about it, I know nothing.

Perfect Stu
04-12-2002, 07:39 PM
I would buy that in a second over the one they sell here...

It doesn't have that ugly green blob...and it looks cooler...it looks really cool...:D

Bond
04-12-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Jin
Controller S? Is that a smaller version or something?
Yes, it is. But the Controller S is actually a lot more like the Japanese controller then the American one. On the Controller S some of the buttons have been changed around and more spread out. Also the controller is overall smaller.

Bond
04-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here is the official press release for Controller S:

Overview:
Xbox Controller S is Microsoft’s answer to gamers that wanted more choice, and a controller that better suited their style of play. Smaller than the standard Xbox controller and featuring a new button layout, Xbox Controller S allows gamers to choose the controller most comfortable to them.

The following are differences between Xbox Controller S (available at retail) and Xbox Controller (available at retail, and packaged inside all Xbox Video Game Systems).

Size/Comfort — Xbox Controller S is smaller. This design enables gamers with smaller hands a proper fit and is more comfortable for them during extended periods of play.

Primary Button Placement — With Xbox Controller S, the new button placement is a more traditional cross layout. The four primary buttons are easier to reach, which is an important feature in certain games where quick button combination selection is necessary.

Ease of Reach for Secondary Buttons — The black and white buttons are located below the primary buttons instead of at the top of the controller.

Revised D-pad Surface — For improved directional movement, the surface of the D-pad has been modified into a cross pattern.

Start/Back Buttons— These buttons are now located below the left thumbstick.

Thumbstick Surfaces — The surfaces on the thumbsticks have been changed slightly, and an increase in surface area allows more thumb room.

Xbox Controller S is slightly different from the Japanese controller in the following ways:

Cable Length — The length of the controller cable has increased from 2.5 meters to 3 meters.

Updated Button Appearance — To more closely resemble Xbox Controller, the look of the primary buttons has been updated.

Revised D-pad Surface— Minor improvements in the D-pad surface make it more comfortable for extended play.

Revised Start/Back Button Height — To reduce inadvertent actuation of the buttons, the height of the start/back buttons has been lowered by a few millimeters.

Stronger Springs in the Triggers — For better tactile feedback and a more intense gameplay experience, the springs in the triggers have been reinforced.

Jewel Color—The green jewel has been replaced with a black Xbox jewel.

There pictures of the Controller S are quite large so here are the links:

Controller Screen Shot 1 (http://www.hometown.aol.com/atbond007/s1.jpg)

Controller Screen Shot 2 (http://www.hometown.aol.com/atbond007/s2.jpg)