PDA

View Full Version : 16x Memory Card (1000 block thing)

~VIN~
04-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I saw the review of this thing on IGN, and I knew I had to get it cause I was needing another card soon anyways.

I picked one up at my local EB for $40 CAN(i expected around $60)

This card kicks all ass of everything else and is a must have. I can fit my Madden Franchise and all my other Madden stuff on there without having ot delete any other files I worked so hard on.

The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't fit in my game cases. So you're forced to leave it inside the Cube. (minor problem)

If you own a Cube, this is a must have (especially if you have sports games). You'll never have to buy another memory card again.

newname
04-09-2002, 04:51 PM
I'll just wait for the 64Mb. Yours does seem quite nice too though.

GameMaster
04-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the reccomendation ~VIN~. I don't own that many games yet and I think 1000 blocks could last me a long time. I'm guessing with time the games are going to require more and more blocks though so, maybe I will end up filling one. But still, I'd rather have a one card with everything than several regular cards. Makes life easier...

DeathsHand
04-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69
ill jus wait for the 64Mb 1 tho.ur does seem quite nice this moment tho.

Do you reply to everything? Earlier today your post count was like 210 and now it's 243...

Anyways... Yeah it's a lotta space, but I also heard that IGN or someone got a lot of E-mail of people complaining of various problems... I'm not gonna get it just cuz it's a third party card... I'll wait for that bigger Nintendo card... 256 or however many blocks it holds...

newname
04-09-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
Thanks for the reccomendation ~VIN~. I don't own that many games yet and I think 1000 blocks could last me a long time. I'm guessing with time the games are going to require more and more blocks though so, maybe I will end up filling one. But still, I'd rather have a one card with everything than several regular cards. Makes life easier...

...and more inexpensive

Bond
04-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69

...and more inexpensive
Leatherface, this is your third warning. Stop post cramming.

newname
04-09-2002, 05:28 PM
This is'nt fair bond, and you know it. According to your rules shooter can post cram as much as he wants.

~VIN~
04-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Ya, I hate getting third party stuff. But this was calling out to me. I was planning on getting all Nintendo cards because they look nice, but it sucks spending almost double as much as you yanks.

+

I couldn't wait for a larger Nintendo card because I was running out of stuff to delete and I rent a lot of games.

newname
04-09-2002, 06:21 PM
I know. Third party memeory cards are known to corrupt and not save often. This is only sometimes thought. In my case, I have terrible luck with memory cards.(3rd party ones that is) :)

BigJustinW
04-09-2002, 07:56 PM
~VIN~ I got one too... and it does kick ass. I only own SSB:Melee, THPS3, and NBA Street for Gamecube... but that card has saved every Game I have ever rented. (and I haven't had the need to delete anything yet... well, except ASBB 2003 :p)

newname
04-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Ohh! You played All Star Baseball 2003. I heard that was going to be good. How was it, I want a baseball game for my cube so badly.

~VIN~
04-09-2002, 10:53 PM
I only own smash bros and Madden, so the card rules no matter how many games you own! Hurray!

GameMaster
04-09-2002, 11:06 PM
A photographers dream! No longer must I thumb through memory cards looking for some space! The sky is my limit to the amount of pictures I can take in Camera Mode of Super Smash Bros. Melee! Rejoice! All thanks to a $40, third party memory pack! :D

newname
04-09-2002, 11:29 PM
...and I suppose you will rejoice when you lose all your photos, and data on ssbm.:cool:

quiet mike
04-10-2002, 12:36 AM
I also have the card. I transfered all my saves on it (11 games) and out of 1019 blocks I still have 957 blocks free. With the regular ones I needed 2 cards.

I haven't had any problems with it, and it costed only double the amount of a 59 card. That means that I saved $201.79
Plus considering that 11 games only take that much space (great job Nintendo for making such excelent memory management) I will never fill up that card, no matter how many games I'll get, since I only buy about 4 sport games that need the franchise mode saves in the entire life of the system.

Yes there are always problems with 3-rd party accesories and sometimes even first party, but until now the card seems to be good, with a few problems because of production, not design. THat means that someone might have gotten a faulty card, but that the rest are solid. We'll see it it holds for the next few months than it's all green.

jeepnut
04-10-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Bond

Leatherface, this is your third warning. Stop post cramming.

How many warnings do you get?

GameKinG
04-10-2002, 10:00 AM
3. And leather dont use shooter as an example. In this topic alone you post a reply after every 1-2 post.

thatmariolover
04-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Yeah. I got one too. I've got 942 or so blocks left. They had the price in their computer wrong, though. I only had to pay $20.00 American for mine.

BigJustinW
04-10-2002, 12:03 PM
I paid $29.99... but that's what I got for going to funcoland

Gamer
04-10-2002, 02:11 PM
No zones, get out of those no zones!

newname
04-10-2002, 02:38 PM
At Target or Best Buy(can't remember) they were sold for 24.99:D

Yoda9864
04-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
3. And leather dont use shooter as an example. In this topic alone you post a reply after every 1-2 post.
I don't know why you're ripping on Leather. The point of a message board is to converse with people about topics. Every one of his posts in this topic were replying to the post before him. Although I think that may be a little excessive, I still don't think it's fair to slam him.

Now, if you post something, then post again right after that, when you could easily edit your post, that's post cramming. That's not what Leather is doing.

I do think however, that Leather is posting a little too fast, but not what you guys are making it out to be.

jeepnut
04-10-2002, 07:42 PM
This may be true but his posts almost always add little to nothing to the conversation. This my friend, is also post-cramming.

Joeiss
04-10-2002, 09:05 PM
I think that this is going to be sweet. I am getting a GCN for my birthday, and this will be a must have on my list! :)

Yoda9864
04-10-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jeepnut
This may be true but his posts almost always add little to nothing to the conversation. This my friend, is also post-cramming.
I guess that is true, and I never really thought about it that way. I guess I haven't seen all too many of his posts, so I can't really judge the relevancy of his posts. Oh well, I don't really care anymore anyway.

Joeiss
04-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864
Oh well, I don't really care anymore anyway.

haha... I think that is how most members feel.

:D

GameKinG
04-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864

I don't know why you're ripping on Leather. The point of a message board is to converse with people about topics. Every one of his posts in this topic were replying to the post before him. Although I think that may be a little excessive, I still don't think it's fair to slam him.

Now, if you post something, then post again right after that, when you could easily edit your post, that's post cramming. That's not what Leather is doing.

I do think however, that Leather is posting a little too fast, but not what you guys are making it out to be.

Dont try to conflict this. It goes beyond this topic and even forum. Post Cramming is different from spamming. I think all his or most are on-topic. But a time comes when you have to tone it down a little. And he has been told this before.

GameMaster
04-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Joeiss

haha... I think that is how most members feel.

:D

No, not me. I get down on my hands and knees everynight before thy bed and pray to God that he is banned permanatley till the end of time. http://www.nintendose.net/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif