PDA

View Full Version : Rev Specs Revealed

fingersman
03-30-2006, 07:31 AM
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/699/699118p1.html

The basic specs of the console have been revealed.....and of course the Rev boards on ign erupts.

So what are your thoughts on the specs?

I'll tell you mind a little later.

GameMaster
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
I'll tell you my thoughts once you've decided to release yours.

MuGen
03-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Well I'm not surprised at those speculated specs... considering Nintendo's intial goal. It's good to see they've vamped the specs a little. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight flux in the numbers by the time E3 comes...

If it doesn't... then the 1.5 times more powerful then the GCN statement was true.

Perfect Stu
03-30-2006, 11:18 AM
wow...well i guess they're all about the profits. spend a little, earn a lot.

i guess PS3 and XBox 360 will be for the cinematic, high-production value games while Rev will be all about the interactivity. I would be lying if I said I didnt wanna see a new Zelda game with graphics that have trumped anything currently on the market, though.

Neo
03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Don't these specs undercut even the lower estimates of clock speed and so forth?

MuGen
03-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Final specs or not...... we all know now that Nintendo has willingly opted out of the next-gen war and it will be a Microny console war.

I find it clever that in the article they used 'new generation' with Rev and not next-gen.... In some ways it's true.

While Microny is heading into the next-gen of graphics and games, Nintendo is creating a new generation of gameplay.

Well met... I say.

KillerGremlin
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
It'll save Nintendo and the consumers money in the long run. It might screw Nintendo over for multi-platform games. I'm thinking Nintendo is banking a lot of faith in the Rev's controller that developers put emphasis into that rather then putting games on the Rev that are also on the 360 and PS3.

The Gamecube had sweet graphics.

Perfect Stu
03-30-2006, 12:17 PM
The Gamecube had sweet graphics.

key word: had

in 4 years, i doubt anyone is going to praise Gamecube's ability to process 'sweet graphics' compared to the industry standard

KillerGremlin
03-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Truth be told, this is a pretty bold move by Nintendo. But I said that back when Nintendo was like, "the rev isn't gonna be a power house it's gonna be 1.5 times the cube."

The question is will it appeal to the American market. I know Japan will eat it up.

DimHalo
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I think something to remember is that Nintendo fans are some of the most devoted in the community. While I am aware that this is going to start a war, I genuinely feel that Nintendo fans are going to stand by the products. Nintendo has a great console concept coming out and I don't think they're going to lose out if the games are not multi-platform.

KillerGremlin
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
This is true. The gamecube was crap. Crappity crap crap crap. Crap.

It had a couple of pretty good games, a lot of average ones, and some crappy ones. But man did it lack support.

MuGen
03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I think something to remember is that Nintendo fans are some of the most devoted in the community. While I am aware that this is going to start a war, I genuinely feel that Nintendo fans are going to stand by the products. Nintendo has a great console concept coming out and I don't think they're going to lose out if the games are not multi-platform.

I fail to comprehend how it's going to start a war... unless Nintendo tunes up the Rev a bit more to compete with Sony and Microsoft in the graphic department they won't be a war for Nintendo.

All nintendo has to do is push the Rev in the market and hope consumers catch on, while Microny are having their own little skirmish.

If anything I believe this gives gamers a great chance to experience both, for once... rather then either PS3, X360, or Rev... you can get a PS3 or Xbox 360.... and then if you wanna try it out, the Rev... considering it'll be significantly lower cost then the other 2.

Nintendo also needs strong support from the developers, because if they don't create awesome games to utilize the controller, theres a strong chance, fans will just remain with thei GCN.

Jonbo298
03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Why stay with just a GCN when the Rev basically has the GCN built in ;) ;)

The spec's dont surprise me. Nintendo isnt trying to be the only one you want in the household, they want you to get the Rev because its cheaper and as a "second tier" console or whatever. Ninty does this for profit and hopes to shake up the industry a little and show people that it needs some change in terms of greater interactivity.

Dyne
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
"Some more finalized than others"? Hmm.

All I can say is, once again, Matt Cassamassina is a douche.

Professor S
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
The biggest hurdle that Nintendo is going to have to make is that this does not bode well for third party support... at all. The Gamecube lacked support and it could be cross platformed with the Xbox and PS2.

Now third parties will not be able to really cross platform that much and they have to examine if its even worth their while to do so.

I'm sure Nintendo will have some great games for their system, but I fear that their lack of support will actually get worse.

Perfect Stu
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
"Some more finalized than others"? Hmm.

All I can say is, once again, Matt Cassamassina is a douche.

what about this news proves "once again" that he's a douche?

Dyne
03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
what about this news proves "once again" that he's a douche?

This article is the child of the lack of revolution information. It would be better off unwritten.

If the developers were so talk-happy, why don't we get some information about games? It's not like PS3 or Xbox 360 developers can steal their ideas.

Otherwise, we're all arguing exactly what we did months ago. Look at all the points and tell me they wouldn't fit in a thread during november.

DimHalo
03-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I fail to comprehend how it's going to start a war... unless Nintendo tunes up the Rev a bit more to compete with Sony and Microsoft in the graphic department they won't be a war for Nintendo.

I meant a GameTavern war. I figured I would get people all "riled" up by saying what I said... and look. :p

fingersman
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Well the specs don't surprise me at all, because Nintendo did say the Rev would be 2 to 3 times more powerful than GC. I still think Rev will have good graphics, however they won't be able to match PS3's or Xbox360's graphics.

This makes me wonder even more about all the aspects of the controller. :D

Bond
03-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Lets play rationalization!