PDA

View Full Version : Just as a Recount

BigJustinW
04-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Which Zelda look to you prefer, and why?

Jin
04-08-2002, 02:40 PM
I prefer the realistic look. Not that I hate cell-shading or anything, but because after playing the N64 versions I'm used to a realistic look. Different games have to be a certain way, and have to be somewhat similar to their predessecor. Like how people say Megaman, and Castlevania play better in 2d. It's not just that they were bad in 3d, but because they were so good in 2d. In the same way if the JGR series suddenly turned realistic instead of cell-shaded, people would start complaining. Not that it wouldn't be a good game in a realistic look, but people like it how it is.

In a nut shell, why fix something when it's not broke?

newname
04-08-2002, 03:13 PM
jin, zelda never had a realistic look when on the n64, it was actually cartoonish its just not as unrealistic and cartoonish as the cel-shaded version which is nothing compared to n64s grafx.

imo i think the original nintendo, gb, and gbcs grafx were the best for the game. well, i wouldnt want to say best cus i love the n64s grafx for the game dearly. i liked the original grafx then, then i like the newer grafx now, catch my drift. u can count on either capcom or nintendo making another zelda for the gba tho.egg-se-lent.:D

gekko
04-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Old skool look. New looks suxorz.

I guess it's like Mario. I loved Paper Mario, but I prefer the old one. And either way, they never got rid of the old Mario.

Ginkasa
04-08-2002, 04:10 PM
I like OoT, MM, SW Demo look better. The cel-sahded look is okay but if they suddenly announced that it was being changed back to the "realistic" look I would jump around lke a high little school girl :D

Of course that's not really very plausible....

DeathsHand
04-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Well I dunno for sure... I kinda prefer the older look cuz it would have more purty and detailed enviornments blah blah...

But the cel-shading look (like I've said many times in the past) seems a lot like a 3D LttP when it comes to style... and if you mix the style of LttP with similar gameplay to OoT, it could be one of the best zelda games ever...

So I dunno... but I'll go wiiiiiith....... SW2000... the realistic one... Everytime I see a game with such good enviornments and stuff like uhh FFX or... I dunno :p Anyways, it makes me kinda "sad" that Zelda will have the cel-shaded graphics, cuz I think of how the enviornments would look in a Zelda game with SW2000 graphics...

but hey... there were 2 zeldas on NES... 2 on N64... like 3 on GB, right? and well there was only 1 on SNES but.... still uhhh it's the best one :D Anyways, there will most likely be at least 2 zeldas on NGC in it's lifetime (unless something happens and they have to kill the system off early :sneaky: ), so maybe the second will have realistic graphics, and since it would most likely come pretty late in the gen, it would have like even awesomazingmer ( :unsure: ) graphics... and people will be like "AW C'MON THE CEL SHADED ZELDA WAS THE BEST ONE EVER GO BACK TO THAT!" ;)

Perfect Stu
04-08-2002, 05:08 PM
I was blown away with the Spaceworld 2000 media...I like it a lot better...Realistic all the way...

newname
04-08-2002, 05:23 PM
as far as we have all been told myatomo promises to have the game great even tho its cel shaded. he will make sure after this we get our way with the next 1 tho probobly.(unless cel shaded is so good and gets better)or something like that.

Ric
04-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2, I am sure you will agree looks very pretty. They say gameplay over looks but I truly feel this game proves that looks can enhance a game and its gameplay by adding a whole new level of realism to it.

And this 'whole new level of realism' is something I truly wanted for the next zelda game, it would be huge, it would be marvellous, it would look, feel, sound, smell and even taste real. After the huge and highly successful thread I started waaaaaaaaaaaay back on Nintendose which was carried to here and lived on for many months I had very high expections for the 'next zelda game'. Then came the spaceworld video and I crapped myself, OH MY GOD, this is precicely what the genra needs to evolve into.

And then... then came Link's next appearance, I waited with high hopes and... got crapped on by Nintendo. I am sure you remember the first and perhaps rash reactions of many forum members, myself included. The thread I made 'The Legend Of Zelda: Adventures Of Pansi Boy' springs to mind.

I commend Nintendo for branching out and experimenting with new things, buy why oh why did they have to do this to Zelda, how hard would it have been to develope a completly new franchise and give the consumer what they truly wanted, a 'Real' Zelda.

Final note: I feel this is a downward spiral for the Zelda genra, I/we wanted a real, living, breathing, interactive world so they didnt give it to us. I will not be able to take this game seriously as I had wished to and Zelda may well be knocked from the top spot of my personal favourite games. All I can say is, it better damn be good, not what I expected, but it better be damn good Mr. Miyamoto.

Hope: This is a remake of the first Zelda game for Nes, the video clip was even called The Legend Of Zelda. And the one we really want is in development, this is a quick cash in, next comes a remake of TLOZ: The Adventure Of Link and then the much called for, Link To The Past. Wishful thinking???? Perhaps.

Joeiss
04-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Realistic was amazing. I am not saying that the cell shaded Zelda sucks, but I think that the other version could have sold alot more copies (beacuse some people buy games because of the graphics). Now, I do not even know if those would have been in game graphics, but if they were, I want it!!! :(

Ric
04-11-2002, 08:07 AM
*ahem* BUMP.

I'd like someone atleast to read my post :unsure:

fingersman
04-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ric
Metal Gear Solid 2, I am sure you will agree looks very pretty. They say gameplay over looks but I truly feel this game proves that looks can enhance a game and its gameplay by adding a whole new level of realism to it.

And this 'whole new level of realism' is something I truly wanted for the next zelda game, it would be huge, it would be marvellous, it would look, feel, sound, smell and even taste real. After the huge and highly successful thread I started waaaaaaaaaaaay back on Nintendose which was carried to here and lived on for many months I had very high expections for the 'next zelda game'. Then came the spaceworld video and I crapped myself, OH MY GOD, this is precicely what the genra needs to evolve into.

And then... then came Link's next appearance, I waited with high hopes and... got crapped on by Nintendo. I am sure you remember the first and perhaps rash reactions of many forum members, myself included. The thread I made 'The Legend Of Zelda: Adventures Of Pansi Boy' springs to mind.

I commend Nintendo for branching out and experimenting with new things, buy why oh why did they have to do this to Zelda, how hard would it have been to develope a completly new franchise and give the consumer what they truly wanted, a 'Real' Zelda.

Final note: I feel this is a downward spiral for the Zelda genra, I/we wanted a real, living, breathing, interactive world so they didnt give it to us. I will not be able to take this game seriously as I had wished to and Zelda may well be knocked from the top spot of my personal favourite games. All I can say is, it better damn be good, not what I expected, but it better be damn good Mr. Miyamoto.

Hope: This is a remake of the first Zelda game for Nes, the video clip was even called The Legend Of Zelda. And the one we really want is in development, this is a quick cash in, next comes a remake of TLOZ: The Adventure Of Link and then the much called for, Link To The Past. Wishful thinking???? Perhaps.

heheh I know how Ric feels........but I'll tell you why most people will prefer the more realistic Zelda.....it's because people hate change especially when it's for no apparent reason. Sure Shiggy said " we can do alot more with the gameplay now"....but on the demo he didn't show us what could be done......it looked like the same old GP to me...although the video was only for about 30 seconds.:unsure: but I'm sure if he had shown something revolutionary that could only be done with Cell shaded graphics people might not have freaked out.

I really liked it the way it was.....when I saw it at space world i watched it over and over...I couldn't believe it....the animation and the graphics at that time were unbelievable , i never seen anything like it. This is how I picture Zelda on a more powerful system than the N64. In fact this how I pictured all adventure games for this generation and the only ones games that I saw fulfilling this was Project Ego and this Zelda, but we all know what happened to Zelda. :(

Now I'm not saying that this Zelda will not be good, because if Shiggy delivers on his revolutionary gameplay thingy that he mentioned then this game has the potential to blow everyone away. That's if Shiggy delivers

Well I hope that Nintendo releases another Zelda game with realistic graphics if this one doesn't work out or even if this one works out. :D

Angrist
04-11-2002, 11:02 AM
:unsure: I still prefer a realistic Zelda... but they won't be able to make such a game in one or two years... so I can live with the cell-shaded graphics. :)

BigJustinW
04-11-2002, 12:12 PM
Time for BigJ's opinion

Just like Ric said, if they were going to make a cell shaded game (even if it has revolutionary gameplay), why screw with Zelda? Just make a whole new series.

A sequal should keep the same basic look (changing from 2d to 3d is the only huge look change a series can have w/o people bitching)....

Nintendo found a formula... and it was perfection. Why change it? Just move on to the next Game, and make a new 10.0 formula. Is that so hard?

I'd prefer Nintendo to milk the series in that look until it gets so crappy that the have to change the look. If you really think about it, Zelda wasn't heading anywhere bad either. Not many games can score in the high 9s with a origanal and a sequal. If I see one review where Cel-da gets below a 9.0 from anywhere, Nintendo made an obvious mistake.

newname
04-11-2002, 04:06 PM
oh...i c u got a new avatar eh...

its pretty darn nice. where did you get it?:D