PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Online...

BreakABone
04-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Cube Magazine: Can you tell us, once and for all, what the situation is with Nintendo online ?

Miyamoto: I often talk with the younger Directors about this, like the ones working on "Mario Kart," for example. There is no doubt that competition (online battles) is good, but I tell them to finish the one player game first.

http://www.newtechnix.com/Affichage_Article.php3?Id_Article=4894

Well the rest of the article is in some foreign language. Anyhow, it seems like it is possible that Mario Kart will go online, but Shiggy wants them to finish up the main one player game before working on it. Well it's good news if it comes true.

Idiot
04-07-2002, 12:48 PM
It's seems that Nintendo's online plans are maturing...... but I can't be sure until I'm sure the article's genuine.

Angrist
04-07-2002, 12:51 PM
:D

I'll take you all on!! Too bad that I suck at racing games (except F-Zero X)!

Revival
04-07-2002, 12:52 PM
The rest of the article was in French. Here's the translated article (note: this was translated via dictionary.com's translator)

The last number of the NGC Magazine evoked already the rumor of a play online while speaking about Mario Kart on GameCube whose output is planned for the year 2003. According to the famous magazine, Mario Kart would comprise a multi-player mode online for the races, the players of the whole world will be able to clash at any time.

This information seems to be confirmed without being certain.

In the last number of " Cube " Magazine (Flight 4, p. 19), Miyamoto speaks about Mario Kart on GameCube.

Cubic Magazine: Can you tell us once for very which is the situation of the play online at Nintendo?

Miyamoto: I often evoke this subject with the young heads of projects, with those which work on Mario Kart for example. There is no doubt, the competition with online parts would be very amusing, but I their request initially to finish mode 1 player.

Cubic Magazine: Edge you tell custom, ounce and for all, what the situation is with Nintendo online?

Miyamoto: I often talk with the younger Directors butt this, like the ones working one " Mario Kart, " for example. There is No doubt that competition (online battles) is good, goal I tell them to finish the one player game first.

Angrist
04-07-2002, 01:14 PM
I prefer the French text to that lousy translation.

Angrist
04-07-2002, 01:17 PM
And BTW, only this (Le dernier numéro du NGC Magazine évoquait déjà la rumeur d'un jeu online en parlant de Mario Kart sur GameCube dont la sortie est prévue pour l'année 2003. Selon le célèbre magazine, Mario Kart comporterait un mode multijoueur online pour les courses, les joueurs du monde entier pourront s'affronter à n'importe quel moment.

Cette information semble se confirmer sans pour autant être certaine.

Dans le dernier numéro de "Cube" Magazine (Vol 4, p. 19), Miyamoto parle de Mario Kart sur GameCube. ) part wasn't translated and doesn't say much else. :unsure:

GameMaster
04-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Let's add it to G-Trac! :D

Idiot
04-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Is "Cube" magzine connected with NGC Magazine, published by Future Publishing in the UK?

Angrist
04-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Uh.. dunno, haven't seen that Cube Magazine around here I guess... :unsure:

newname
04-07-2002, 05:56 PM
it is i remember some site with that

Blix
04-07-2002, 06:19 PM
I hope it's true. It would be a dream come True! :) :D

Revival
04-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey, don't blame me for the crappy translation.

Joeiss
04-07-2002, 06:55 PM
Sounds good. Mario Kart is sweet. I'll have to play all of you when it comes out! I guess I am an average player, so I'll probably get beaten. Lol.

Oh, and Shooter. Quoting me in your signature costs 100 dblns a day. So pay up.

braiden99
04-07-2002, 07:05 PM
mario kart online, cool. I can't wait to log on gamecube online just to find out im racing bumper to bumper with 3 other 10 year olds

newname
04-07-2002, 07:09 PM
as cool as it sounds its only apealing cus theres not many other online games but id rather see many different 1s cus i doubt mario kart is that fun to play online. how can it be?

Joeiss
04-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69
cus i doubt mario kart is that fun to play online. how can it be?

It will be fun for those people who like the series. If you do not like the series, then do not bother to get the game.

newname
04-07-2002, 09:57 PM
i have it for gba, snes and n64. i like um. i jus want to no why they decided to have it online over other stuff.

Joeiss
04-08-2002, 05:24 PM
i have it for gba, snes and n64. i like um. i jus want to no why they decided to have it online over other stuff.

What other stuff? I think that online play is a large leap.

newname
04-08-2002, 05:30 PM
no silly:p , i mean different games online(u no put different games online instead of mario kart). then again, they can have this but they should definetely get some better 1s.i would of thought of ssbm over mario kart.

Joeiss
04-08-2002, 06:21 PM
no silly:p , i mean different games online(u no put different games online instead of mario kart). then again, they can have this but they should definetely get some better 1s.i would of thought of ssbm over mario kart.

Oh... Now I understand. I think that NIntendo will not only make Mario Kart as an online game. Of course, there will be others.

newname
04-08-2002, 06:34 PM
ooo, its not that i thought mario kart was the only 1 i just would of liked it more if they chose a better game so there will be more room for other great ones, cus there r many greater than mario kart and theres only so many games in total they can put online.

that is now old over and dun wit.

as far as im concerned with likeing mario kart, i have changed my mind.im glad they put it online. i love the series and this looks great.:D