PDA

View Full Version : Icons.

Ric
04-06-2002, 05:46 PM
I have a cool icon of a Gamecube for you guys, well two actually, they're both the same except one has a seethrough background and one has a white background. If you have any you wish to share the be a good chap and share. Anyway here you are:

(Both in zip file, 4.46kb)

Bond
04-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Nice icons, thanks Ric.

Do you have anymore by any chance?

GameMaster
04-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Thanks Ric! My hard drive icon was getting a little boring. :)

Cyrax9
04-09-2002, 10:56 PM
Well I made a few Icons but no GCN one's Yet, maybe one of these days I'll make one. I might try and do the GCN Logo, but that'll take some time. Thanks for the Icon's Ric, if I make anything Interesting I'll upload it.

Edit: Ric, I edited your GCN Icons to make them look like the Black GCN's, I hope you don't mind, see the post below this one for more info.

Cyrax9
04-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Ric, I hope you don't mind, but I edited you Icons to create the Jet-Black GCN as Icons, they don't look as nice as yours do, but here they are, zipped just like Ric's were. Ric, feel free to take a look at them, and tell me what you think, I still think yours aree better.

Ric
04-11-2002, 07:47 AM
Cool.

I have to be honest though and say that I got those icons off of a cd, ok I edited them, changed the background, smoothed it out and made it look way better but does that make them mine :unsure:

I tried to maky you a yellow one but it went all wrong and looked weird.

Cyrax9
04-12-2002, 02:05 AM
Ric, I'll put it this way, a CD is a Template IMO,alot of Icons I changedwere just re-colored, and somewhat retextured, but the fact that someone could even edit them the way you did was great. If you look at my last Desktop post, you'll see that the Icons in windows ME were changed, because I edited them using the system directory that Microsoft slapped directly in fron of my face. I have a Yellow PC for My Computer, to match my real PC, a Yellow My Documments foler with my name on it, and a Yellow Recycling Bin, which is the actual color of the ones my township uses in New Jersey with green arrows for everything but paper, paper is in a Green bin with Yellow arrows, basically inverse colors, I just thought it worked with my PC. I still think it's remarkable that you were able to eduit those Icons, were they on the GCN Demo CD that Nintendo would send to people in the US that was the size of a GCN Disc, but the CD was modified for Great Brittain, or were they just on a random CD. I got two of them and gave one to Kitana, I don't know if she's tried it yet, but it has some good demos on it.

Ric
04-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Yes it was on a Gamecube sized cd that came free with the recent issue Nintendo Official Magazine. It was packaged in a cardboard gamecube, you open the flap and the cd is where the game goes in a Gamecube, there were videos and wallpapers on it, speaking of which I think I will post those wallpapers. Preety cool IMO.

Cyrax9
04-13-2002, 12:21 AM
Those are the same ones they sent us in the USA last october before the GCN launch, I still hae one sealed, the one I opend I gave to Kitana, because I had trouble running it, it was a minor problem with my Old PC, and when I got the second disc, I justlet her keep the opend one. That Cardboard GCN is the systems actual size without the handle, I placed it on top of my GCN to see, and it fit like a cover for the system. You'll be surprised the firs time you see your GCN, it'sa small, but very easy to transport, unlike the XBox ad PS2. I can move a PS2 easily, but the handle on the GCN is great for stuffing some Controllers and a Game in a Bag, and Carrying youir GCN to a friends house. One word of advice, the GCN has an internal clock as you probably know, which runs on Military Time. It does not change for Daylight savings time, so you have to change it yourself, and before you use the system, you have to set it, it's pretty easy, but make sure that You have a memory Card when yu buy a Game, because you can't saveames to a disc obviously. Finally the GCN games come in DVD Clamshell cases, so you should be fine wiht that, and unlike the N64 cartrigdes that had no cover, the GCN discs fit into their cases perfectly.

If you think that Disc is cool, you ain't seen nothin' yet, just wait until you play the GCN. Thanks again for the Icons ric, you can usze the ones I've re-colored as well. I don't know if your GCN disc came with wallpaper, bu I had it on my old PC until two weeks ago, since it's the family PC, I don't use it anymore, I've got a better machine, but I used to use the Family PC to access the net, that was before Broadband came my way.