PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bored...Time for some Ol'Skool TRIVIA!!!

Sly_Fox
04-05-2002, 09:52 PM
I don't know if this has been done before, but I'll do it anyway. I'll start off by asking a question about an older game, and the first person to answer receives 10 points and rights to ask the next question. Second guesses (by the same person) receive only 5 points. If the question is not answered in 24 hours correctly, then the person who asked it receives the points and may ask another trivia question.

All questions must pertain in some way to an older game, no system, controller, or specification questions. The question must involve a game name and the system it was on.

I'll start it off with an easy one:

Q: In Metroid for the NES, what was the code to play as Samus Aran without her suit?

nWoCHRISnWo
04-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Sly_Fox
Q: In Metroid for the NES, what was the code to play as Samus Aran without her suit?

You just had to mash the controller repeatedly, because that's what retarded people would do and only retarded people would use that code.

Jin
04-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Password for no suit and all weapons: mMuiS1 II6-GE Jls?h0 m00WRM

In the NES version of Paperboy, after you get a game over, what's the main headline in the Daily Sun?

Biff McFresh
04-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Samus in bathing suit code = Justin Bailey

:burger:

Kitana85
04-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jin

In the NES version of Paperboy, after you get a game over, what's the main headline in the Daily Sun?

"Paperboy calls it quits"

How many "fire levels" are there in Super Mario Bros. 1?

Angrist
04-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Kitana85
How many "fire levels" are there in Super Mario Bros. 1? You mean the levels where you beat bowser? 8? :confused:

Jin
04-06-2002, 07:57 PM

"Paperboy calls it quits"

That's right.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "fire levels," but my guess is 5.

Darmani
04-07-2002, 08:47 AM

newname
04-08-2002, 03:47 PM
What was the famous ****** code that was one of the first codes in a video game. this classic code casted a thousand lives and made one of its first appearances with the mainly side-scrolling shootfest(two levels were in 3rd person 3D). Ever since, "many lives" codes have been used for video games.

The Germanator
04-08-2002, 07:12 PM
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start.

newname
04-08-2002, 07:14 PM
err.

wrong but ur close

i no u can get it cus u no the code

fill in the astreses

The Germanator
04-08-2002, 11:03 PM
Oh, it's Capcom, no doubt.

newname
04-08-2002, 11:47 PM
uh...
no

capcom is way off. i am looking for a game. u no the code to the game.

*someone ask neo he had the code for this game in his sig*

Biff McFresh
04-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Up,Up,Down,Down,Left,Right,Left,Right,B,A,Select,Start.

newname
04-09-2002, 03:32 PM
biff, thats the same thing german did, start reading the other posts in the thread.

anyhow, this is getting rediculous.i intended on this question to be answered quickly and it is easy but i will let u all keep trying. its getting easier. atleast u no its a game and u no to fill in the blanks (u already knew) and some wrong answers have been eliminated.u

1ce again it is a game.
it was apparently on an earlier system
fill in the blanks
u no the rest so c'mon idiots of the game tavern i got plenty more trivia ready for yall 1ce some bright young man/ girl gives a right answer.

;) :p :cool: :D :rolleyes:

Yugi Starwind
04-09-2002, 04:36 PM
The answer:

Unlimited lives:
Press Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start when "Jungle" appears on the demonstration screen.

newname
04-09-2002, 04:40 PM
eh eh!

WRONGo

Try again.

Yugi Starwind
04-09-2002, 04:45 PM
Err....
Thirty lives per continue:
Press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A before the demonstration begins at the title screen. Then, press Start to begin the game in single player mode or Select + Start to begin in two player mode

newname
04-09-2002, 05:02 PM
er... u must have not read my post

i said the code casted 1 thousand lives

and said it was a gmae

and also said to fill in the astreses many many times

ugh....

Jin
04-09-2002, 11:00 PM
It's been 24 hours. Tell us the answer, and give us another Q.

Biff McFresh
04-09-2002, 11:09 PM
lEatHErFaCe69, I didn't write the same thing as The Germanator.

newname
04-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Jin
It's been 24 hours. Tell us the answer, and give us another Q.

The correct answer was Contra.

der...

All of you better be saying "oh yeah thats right" now.

next trivia question
this may be tuff to some but oh well
FILL IN ALL THE BLANKS IN ORDER
Q:Always interested in puzzles and logic, ****** ******** lands a cushy computer job with a soviet government R&D lab. Here he develops the prototype for ******-one of the most addictive video games of all time. The game goes on to sell millions of units, but due to strict Soviet licensing agreements, ****** sees none of the profits.

c'mon now guys/girls this is cake.
:)

Biff McFresh
04-10-2002, 02:10 AM
"What was the famous ****** code that was one of the first codes in a video game. "

Theres really 2 questions there, at least it seems that way.

Biff McFresh
04-10-2002, 02:27 AM
Alexey Pajitnov

Tetris

Alexey

What was the name of the Genesis/32x hybrid that was never released?

newname
04-10-2002, 03:13 PM
*claps*

marvalous. truly splendid.

next time ill have to get alot harded...
that was easier than a penny ho.LOL
those darn things break in seconds in even the most fertile garden.LOL

um for the answer to your question I think it was neptune or mars.

something of that nature. am i on the right track?

:) :D :cool: :p

Biff McFresh
04-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Yep, it was the Neptune.:burger:

newname
04-11-2002, 08:20 PM
egg-se-lent.

that was way too easy tho, someone has to start making these harder. oh yeah thats right, i forgot u guys were all frigen IDIOTS. LOL;) um this next 1 is gonna be really easy. here u go.

********** **** purchases titles from ****** **********, acquiring a violent fighting game called ****** **** in the process. Before scrapping the project for its highly-inappropriate material, a build is sent to the ****. It recieves an ******* **** rating.

this is easier than pie guys. here you r BIFF;)

Yugi Starwind
04-11-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm Guessing..............Akklaim-Mortal Kombat-No rating

newname
04-11-2002, 09:36 PM
eh eh. wrong.wrongo.er er.

look fill in the blanks. each 1 in order. if theres a blank like this **** the answer would be sum like good(not that its right) but so u can fill up all the astreses. give me the answer e.g **** ***
the answer would be good bad. OK. maybe this ll help you.

Biff McFresh
04-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Well I know the game is Thrill Kill, I am kinda stuck on the other blanks.

Sly_Fox
04-14-2002, 10:14 AM
CURRENT POINT STANDINGS:

Biff McFresh: 20
Kitana85: 10
Angrist: 10
newname: 20

Doing pretty good, I'd say.

********** **** purchases titles from ****** **********, acquiring a violent fighting game called ****** **** in the process. Before scrapping the project for its highly-inappropriate material, a build is sent to the ****. It recieves an ******* **** rating.

I don't know the whole thing, but I'm guessing that the last three are Thrill Kill, MSRP, and Adults-Only

P.S.: On a sidenote, remember to keep the trivia questions as oriented toward events that occur in games as possible, as stated in the rules post. I'm not revoking the already-posted questions about systems, developers, and so forth, but please try to keep this more towards stuff that happened in the games (ex.: the Contra code question). Questions about systems, developers, etc. can get a bit difficult, and I want this trivia to be open to a wide range of people with ol' skool gaming backgrounds.

Jin
04-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sly_Fox
CURRENT POINT STANDINGS:

Sure you're not forgetting anyone? ::hint hint::;)

Btw, I think newname is banned, so someone else should probably ask another question since he can't really tell us the answer.

Sly_Fox
04-15-2002, 09:23 PM
CURRENT POINT STANDINGS:

Jin: 10 (Sorry!)

I'll give the next question:

In Final Fantasy III for the SNES, in order to get the Experience Egg in Darryl's Tomb, you had to enter in a four-worded password in a secret room. The words were actually what phrase spelled backwards?

Lord Germano
05-04-2002, 02:18 AM
THE WORLD IS SQUARE

OK, now for my question. In A link to the past on SNES, what was the second last boses name?