PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS

MuGen
02-06-2006, 10:31 AM
I can't believe there is not a single thread about this yet. The Steelers won the superbowl and the bus can now retire happy.

What are your guys thoughts on the game?

Fox 6
02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I can't believe there was no betting event for the game. oh well.

Krypton
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM
ooooooooooooo yeah.

what a great pass to Hines Ward from Randel El.

GameMaster
02-06-2006, 03:38 PM
The commercials, Duke! The commercials!

Professor S
02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Honestly, the Seahawks were robbed by the officials. Hasselbeck gets a blocking below the waist penalty on a tackle after an interception? Children's referees don't make horrific calls like that.

Teuthida
02-06-2006, 04:15 PM
So that was yesterday huh? Completely slipped my mind.

Krypton
02-06-2006, 04:18 PM
So that was yesterday huh? Completely slipped my mind.

i really hope you're being sarcastic... :confused:

Bube
02-06-2006, 04:31 PM
That, as well as:
1. Jackson's perfectly clean TD in the first quarter, which was called off because of a so-called "pass interference"
2.Roethlisberger's TD that didn't cross the line. Which he carried in himself after downing. I can't believe the officials didn't call it off even after they watched it again.

Seattle should have, and would have, won.

Professor S
02-06-2006, 04:38 PM
That, as well as:
1. Jackson's perfectly clean TD in the first quarter, which was called off because of a so-called "pass interference"
2.Roethlisberger's TD that didn't cross the line. Which he carried in himself after downing. I can't believe the officials didn't call it off even after they watched it again.

I know. Anyone believe now that the NFL fixes games? Hmmmm? The fix... is in...

cubeman420
02-06-2006, 04:40 PM
That, as well as:

Come on now,

Darrell Jackson clearly pushed off when he caught that pass, I mean it is crystal clear. I can understand your gripe about the Roethlisberger TD, but it was still a very, very close call that could have went either way and well, I guess it's good for me that it went the way it did.

Bube
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I watched the game unbiased, I don't support either team, no bets or anything. I was just watching to see some good football.

That really wasn't a push to take an advantage. The defender looked like he was going to step back, and with the arm thrust, he did. I mean, if a 200 pound guy gets pushed back by something that small, he shouldn't be playing this game.

Just my opinion. Congratulations to the winners, what can I say? El's pass was great, I must add.

Typhoid
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Honestly, the Seahawks were robbed by the officials. Hasselbeck gets a blocking below the waist penalty on a tackle after an interception? Children's referees don't make horrific calls like that.

And what about the touchdown the Steelers got that wasnt even over the line?
They even reviewed it and still called it a touchdown.
That game was complete and utter male cow turds.

Perfect Stu
02-06-2006, 06:04 PM
For the record, I was cheering (sorta...i really didnt care much who won, sorta the theme of SuperBowl XL) for the STEELERS.

But that was definatey BY FAR the crappiest SuperBowl Ive ever seen...the only playoff games i remember that would compare would be NFC wildcard games of recent years.

You could tell from the beginning of the pregame that the Steelers were going to win, regardless of who was the better team. The crowd were waving the terrible towels, Franco Harris and Lynn Swan were cheered more than the other SBMVPs, everyone was picking the Steelers. The Seahawks even had BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY as their entrance music...you just knew that there was no way they were going to win...and there really wasnt. They won the TOP...they won the turnover battle...they had more yards.

It was just a horrible game...I mean there was one good play all game, but that was nullified by the ridiculous calls by the refs. Hasselbeck and the rest of the Seahawks O-Line knew they were getting a free play...the steelers linebacker had jumped early...and the penalty was...HOLDING? On the right tackle that did a pretty damn good job containing a player that jumped offside. Ouch.

Stonecutter
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
That, as well as:

Jackson's PI was shaky, but Roethlisberger absolutely did break the plane. Remember, if ANY part of the ball goes over ANY part of the endzone (which is the WHITE line, not the colored part) it's a touchdown, even if the ball comes out of the endzone AFTER, so long as Roeth had possession (which he did) and the ball goes over the plane (which it did while he was in mid air) it's a touchdown.

Null
02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
yea, it did cross the line when he was in air, just barely.

a touchdown, does not actually have to 'touch' 'down' to be a 'touchdown'. :p

Jason1
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Jackson's PI was shaky, but Roethlisberger absolutely did break the plane. Remember, if ANY part of the ball goes over ANY part of the endzone (which is the WHITE line, not the colored part) it's a touchdown, even if the ball comes out of the endzone AFTER, so long as Roeth had possession (which he did) and the ball goes over the plane (which it did while he was in mid air) it's a touchdown.

Exactly. If any part of that ball touches that white line, while in the air before the knees were down, it is a TD. It was very close, and it wasnt clear enough to overrule the call and say that it was not a TD. They made the right call. I will admit that pass interference call was also slightly questionable, it wasnt blatent, but he DID push off, even if it was only a little.

You cant deny the fact that the Seahawks played a horrible game, even worse than the game the Steelers played, which also was not a very good game.

Perfect Stu
02-06-2006, 08:52 PM
You cant deny the fact that the Seahawks played a horrible game, even worse than the game the Steelers played, which also was not a very good game.

i dunno about that...they were playing under a handicap, and had they made either of those 2 FGs it would have been a completely different game

Jonbo298
02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Rolling Stones...what a shame for a city like Detroit =/

Bube
02-07-2006, 06:52 AM
yea, it did cross the line when he was in air, just barely.

a touchdown, does not actually have to 'touch' 'down' to be a 'touchdown'. :p
I know, I know... I just think it never was over the line. He was pushed back. Just my opinion...

And the way Roethlisberger put the ball in himself should've been a yellow card :p This game needs a change of rules.

Stonecutter
02-07-2006, 07:58 AM
I know, I know... I just think it never was over the line. He was pushed back. Just my opinion...

31'' of HDTV says otherwise.

Bube
02-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Ok, ok, there's just no point in arguing over this... But how would an HDTV make a difference?

Null
02-07-2006, 09:22 AM
you cant really explain that untill you watch it on an HDTV.

just for clearity reasons, not argument, just wanna make sure we're on the same page.... the ball didnt CROSS the line, it just 'touched' the imaginary border line at the very edge of that white line. i think you knew that, but you used the word cross so i was just makin sure :p

Jason1
02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
31'' of HDTV says otherwise.

31 inches is laughable. Try 53 inches of widescreen HDTV goodness :D

Bube
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
just for clearity reasons, not argument, just wanna make sure we're on the same page.... the ball didnt CROSS the line, it just 'touched' the imaginary border line at the very edge of that white line. i think you knew that, but you used the word cross so i was just makin sure :p

Well, yeah, you'll have to excuse my English sometimes.. :D I couldn't find the right word for that..

KillerGremlin
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM

Worst half time show ever? Only if your a Stone's fan. But come on, I grew up listening to them. My dad saw them live in '72 for $5.50. Mick Jagger is old, Keith richards looks like a skeleton...and they can't dance.

I'd rather see the Stones retire, but if not, maybe their private jet will fall out of the sky.

ZebraRampage
02-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, this was a very interesting experience for me. I am an undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh, but I was definitely not rooting for the Steelers. Many of you may know that I am one of the few Eagles fans here. Anyway..so I have a lot of pictures of the riots on my campus after the Steelers won. There were at least 10000 Pitt students going crazy the streets. They were burning couches, they flipped a car and were going to set that on fire. My friend's mom's friend's car's windsheild was broken and they were stuffing a rag in the gas tank, about the light it on fire, but someone stopped them in time. They ripped out a long banister outside of the Cathedral of Learning. There was much more that happened as well. Here is a picture.

I'll add some more pictures when I get back from where I have to go right now.

KillerGremlin
02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd riot if my second-year QB won a superbowl too.

Underdoggin' it.

Although, the Steelers were predicted to beat Seattle.

GameMaster
02-08-2006, 02:09 AM
All the commercials:

http://video.google.com/superbowl.html

ZebraRampage
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Okay, well here's a link of a movie that I took from my dorm room which shows the riot for a little bit of time.

http://www.pitt.edu/~sak60/riot3.avi

Krosserwolf
02-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok comments...
1. Hasselback blocking call was god-awful...nothing else to say..
2. The pass interference call was good, heres why...Jackson has his arm completely extended, pushes off, the defender clearly is pushed back and as he was in backwards motion the ball was caught...he didnt have a chance..
3.Enough has been said about the Roth. TD. to make it valid...
4. Ok Jackson should have gotten that where he went out.. Because HE messed it up and let his team down..he did not set his feet down, and since he didnt get touched he couldnt just go over the pylon...

Nuff Said..
Go
STEELERS

Krypton
02-12-2006, 03:16 AM

being that this superbowl could go down as one of the best, if not, atleast one of the best planned out, over night had gotten a few inches of snow {7'' here}, and the road crews were out with 10,000 others shoveling making sure everything was ready.

the least the superbowl committee could do is get a good halftime performance, being that so many great artists/groups have come of the city of detroit and the metro area, dont ya think they could've done just a bit better?