PDA

View Full Version : Its happening!!!! MGS MOVIE!!!! Silent Hill movie too..

Sigma
04-05-2002, 09:25 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/356/356748p1.html

I want the msg movie way more than the silent hill movie, but who cares. I have a feeling that they both are going to be awesome movies.

BlueFire
04-05-2002, 02:23 PM
As DH mentioned, the people making Silent Hill are focusing on what the game is really about. Sure, it may be another movie to suck ass but I don't know..:hmm:

DeathsHand
04-05-2002, 02:24 PM
I want the Silent Hill movie way more than the MGS movie because I love horror movies and the genre has been pretty crappy lately... :p

I already posted a topic about Silent Hill in the gen forum... but at that time they had no word on MGS...

"the Dark Aura rep says that New Line has entered into talks with Konami to acquire the movie rights to Metal Gear."

Doesn't say fo sho that they will get the rights, right? :unsure:

"The source also says that the Silent Hill movie will be closely based on the first game in the series."

Actually basing a videogame movie on the game itself (or in the case of a series, one of the games)???!?!?!?!?!!!!!??? :eek: who'da thunk it!? :D

Mefinks that's good... I hopes it has a nice script and all, although horror movie's don't need to have the best in the world to do what they're supposed to do which is scare :p and hopefully the Silent Hill movie will have the same atmosphere type stuff as the game... And I hope they do that thing with the lockers in the school :sneaky:

Perfect Stu
04-05-2002, 02:39 PM
I want to go see the Panic Room...

:-|

BigJustinW
04-05-2002, 02:59 PM
*sigh*

I never understood the point of a video game movie (Except Mortal Kombat :D)

DeathsHand
04-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
*sigh*

I never understood the point of a video game movie (Except Mortal Kombat :D)

How about movies based on books (Speaking of which, I saw Big Trouble today... funny :p) or TV shows? Or hell, movies based on movies... heh heh like remakes...

Or movies based on real life events...

A lot of movies are based on things, so why not videogames?........ :confused:

Perfect Stu
04-05-2002, 08:24 PM
BigJ: system.....overload......*self destructs*

BreakABone
04-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Well while we are on the subject of movies based on games. One question I've been wanting answered for the longest...

What was the sense of the
Street Fighter:The movie game. I mean it's a game based on a movie based on a game.:confused: :(

Joeiss
04-05-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
I want to go see the Panic Room...

:-|

Please, do not see that movie. HORRIBLE.

BigJustinW
04-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
A lot of movies are based on things, so why not videogames?........ :confused:

did I say they shouldn't make movies based off of games?

I don't think so...

The cold fact is that 90% of video game movies turn out crappy, or just unnatural. I'm not saying they should give up or anything, I'm just saying that they need to put a little more effort into them.

DeathsHand
04-08-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

did I say they shouldn't make movies based off of games?

I don't think so...

The cold fact is that 90% of video game movies turn out crappy, or just unnatural. I'm not saying they should give up or anything, I'm just saying that they need to put a little more effort into them.

Oh well I thought you meant like you don't see the point in making them or something... but I guess you meant something else :D

and yes, they should put more effort... and it seems like this movie company thing (dark aura or something) is going to do that... or at least try to :p Cuz they say like... they are going to keep it closely based on the first game... so it's actually going to be closely based on one of the games and not some totally new thing... and stuff... like they're actually trying to make the fans of the game happy, kinda... and also make a great horror movie that has an awesome story blah blah cuz that's what Silent Hill is :D :D :D

Ok yeah... Cuz like the past videogame movies have always taken the basic idea and turned it into something very different and crazy and usually stupid.... *shrugs* but if it's closely based on the first, at least that's a good lil' start

Jin
04-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
What was the sense of the
Street Fighter:The movie game. I mean it's a game based on a movie based on a game.:confused: :(

I know what you mean. Now they're making Spiderman:The Movie game aswell. :rolleyes: