PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tatics

Mad Marine
04-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Final Fantasy Tatics is coming to GBA, All rejoice :)

Joeiss
04-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Really? Put a link, I am too lazy to go find if this is true or not.

Joeiss
04-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Oh screw it. Here it is. http://www.advancegb.com/news/EpEZkAuVAVgJOvHCLS.shtml

The newest issue of Weekly Famitsu features an interview with Square's producer, Yasumi Matsuno. The interview also features the ex-Quest director of Square games (Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story) who discusses about his future projects.

Square has officially confirmed that Final Fantasy Tactics will be ported to the Game Boy Advance. The director of the game will be working on the Game Boy Advance version as well and says it's about thirty percent done. Yasumi Matsuno continues to say that it will be a remix rather than a port of the original game.

Matsuno also said that the game won't be a Final Fantasy Tactics 2 but more of a follow up for the firs game. A quick save feature will also be available, this allows you to save the game at any time or place.

A possible partnership between Square and Quest was also in Weekly Famitsu. Last year, Quest and Square talked with each other about a possible co-developed joint project. Matsuno says the joint project is possible and expects to start the new project around February. Matsuno, the original director of Ogre Battle Saga when he worked for Quest, might be working on a new one.

UPDATE: Final Fantasy Tactics is being developed by ex-Quest staff who are now working for Square. Matsuno said that the new Square staff's previous work was on Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis for the Game Boy Advance.

Square has acquired the rights to the Ogre Battle Saga and and future games of it. Ogre Battle Saga will be developed and published by Square.

Mad Marine
04-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Cool, How many of yall are going to buy it when I comes out? I will reserve it :)

Ginkasa
04-06-2002, 01:19 PM
I'll get it. Probably not when it comes out but soon after.....

:unsure:

newname
04-07-2002, 10:05 PM
i heard anthology is coming too. a while from now tho. thats something to rejoice more about. oh and i forget the link. im too lazy. if u cant find it just trust me, i dont lie.

J3]IMaster
04-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Yep I'll be getting this one, I'm not going to pass the chance of getting final fantasy on the GBA! :D

newname
04-08-2002, 06:17 PM
u no what. if u guys really want to rejoice. it would be cool if they DEVELOP a final fantasy for the gba. they probobly eventually will.egg-se-lent.oh and most likely 2 and 3.:D