PDA

View Full Version : Well Mario news

BreakABone
04-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Well this is taken from PGC.

Q: Does Super Mario Sunshine still look like crap?

Rick says: NO. The game looks great in motion. The game will FEEL like the N64 title, because it’s SUPPOSED to. Also, the textures in the background objects are PLACEHOLDERS. They are Mario 64 textures, and are just there until the final textures are in. The game is very smooth, running at 60FPS, with loads of animation frames.

Take it as you want. Just remember that Rick went to that Gamers' Summit held in Seattle so he may have been able to clarify it with a rep or something.

Jason1
04-04-2002, 03:52 PM
I read this earlier today, this is good news for me who was hoping the graphics would be at least somewhat better for the final version...

Ric
04-04-2002, 04:05 PM
Mario Sunshine does'nt look crap, it looks... like Mario. Also, and BJW will agree with me here (which is a rare thing lol) it does actually look far better than the N64 version. IMO.

Gamer
04-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Well, i think the gamecube shots, are, well, at least a little better than the n64 version, but i really hope the quote is right, and that the graphics will be far superior to what we've seen.

Ric
04-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Gamer
Well, I think the gamecube shots, are, well, at least a little better than the n64 version, but i really hope the quote is right, and that the graphics will be far superior to what we've seen.

No worries, games always look better than the screenshots. MGS2 being a prime example. Not that graphics are such an important factor to me, at the end of the day its gameplay that counts.

Gamer
04-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Ric

No worries, games always look better than the screenshots. MGS2 being a prime example. Not that graphics are such an important factor to me, at the end of the day its gameplay that counts.

True, very true

GameMaster
04-04-2002, 07:03 PM
When Is Mario Sunshine coming out again, in the U.S.? :confused:

Jin
04-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by GameMaster
When Is Mario Sunshine coming out again, in the U.S.? :confused:

It's coming out some time this year, but I'm not sure about the exact date.

On a side note, there are 666 member at the forums!:boo: Quick, someone get a friend to join to make it 667.

D-realJos
04-05-2002, 12:01 AM
I don't think there's anything that I can say, that I already haven't...

I can quote myself though. :D

You've already seen extended video of Mario Sunshine in motion. That wasn't some odd tech-demo, that wasn't FMV, it was actual footage of gameplay. Don't expect the final game to look of any less quality than that. Feel free to quote me in the future.

... ... ... Please don't let some pic of extremely early work discourage you or even leave you doubtful(cause that most likely what those pics are). You've already witness an impressive--although unpolished--implication of what's to come. You've already seen it in it's most genuine form.

here (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=9925).

BreakABone
04-05-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by D-realJos
I don't think there's anything that I can say, that I already haven't...

I can quote myself though. :D

Well as long as you aren't one of those people who say I told you so.:p

And for um for Gamer, Nintendo has this game slated for an August 26th release in the US. Don't know if they will keep ot.

D-realJos
04-05-2002, 01:14 AM
Well as long as you aren't one of those people who say I told you so.:p

:sneaky: la lala la la...

Angrist
04-05-2002, 04:20 AM
I knew the graphics weren't finished yet. :D

GameKinG
04-06-2002, 12:47 AM
And GKG is right once more. Better graphics, but nothing overwhelming.

newname
04-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
I read this earlier today, this is good news for me who was hoping the graphics would be at least somewhat better for the final version...

its the final version, waaaa.....

Revival
04-07-2002, 07:04 PM
No, jason just said he wants the final version to look better than the screenshots we've seen.

newname
04-07-2002, 07:06 PM
i cant believe its the final version tho. where did u guys find out this info, cus it seems false.extremely*