PDA

View Full Version : Chess Sign-ups!!!

Yoda9864
04-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Ok, I've decided that I have become really bored with this clan. And since it seems that nobody has any online games. I've decided to host our next chess tounrey. And I've decided to hold it sometime in the future so everyone will see this

Time: April 14th. Sunday at 7pm CST (8pm EST)
Place: MSN Gaming Zone "Outnumbered by Pawns" chess room.

I will allow all the people that sign up play.

Sign-ups start now!

Happydude
04-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864
Ok, I've decided that I have become really bored with this clan.

you shouldn't have continued:rolleyes:

and im quite bored of chess...been playing a couple of games a week...to tired of it to play it with the "clan" if you can still call it that:unsure:

BlueFire
04-03-2002, 11:55 PM
I'm in.

And you should stop complaining, happydude. Why don't you do something to bring up activity? Eh? EH??

uhh

I'm in..

BigJustinW
04-04-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm not a part of this group... but I would like to join the tourney :)

marionette
04-04-2002, 01:02 AM
i'm in :)

BreakABone
04-04-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
I'm not a part of this group... but I would like to join the tourney :)

Well I don't know how BF will rule this, but my ruling is you must join in order to participate in this clan. I mean it is unfair since everyone doesn't have the option to visit this forum without membership.

BigJustinW
04-04-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone

Well I don't know how BF will rule this, but my ruling is you must join in order to participate in this clan. I mean it is unfair since everyone doesn't have the option to visit this forum without membership.

Well, you can make me a member BUT... if I'm a member I have to be in the senate...

I'm a super mod, so if you guys are trying to hide anything from the regular members, I will still be able to see it. That's why I don't want to join... I don't want to mess up the ladder of power.

In competitions that are not GT based, I want to compete sometimes...

BreakABone
04-04-2002, 01:51 AM

Well, you can make me a member BUT... if I'm a member I have to be in the senate...

I'm a super mod, so if you guys are trying to hide anything from the regular members, I will still be able to see it. That's why I don't want to join... I don't want to mess up the ladder of power.

In competitions that are not GT based, I want to compete sometimes...

Well you are right in your case you do present an interesting state.

So I'll speak to BF about it, but I think we will have to wave the normal rules for you. I mean if you participate in anything it won't be for dblns anyhow. So I'll see what we can do, but to be on the safe side send an app anyhow. Incase BF wants you to go through the process.

Kitana85
04-04-2002, 06:52 AM
I'm in!

UncleNoName
04-04-2002, 09:06 AM
I'll play.

BlueFire
04-04-2002, 02:04 PM

In competitions that are not GT based, I want to compete sometimes... Okay, Justin. You're in the Senate.

BigJustinW
04-04-2002, 02:35 PM
*jaw drops*

okie dokey :)

BreakABone
04-04-2002, 02:46 PM
*jaw drops*

okie dokey :)

Whic means for second time this week I've gained some power over you.

And I'm still waiting for the sample writing junior.

Happydude
04-04-2002, 02:50 PM
this is eactly what im talking about....there are more members in the senate then there are normal members...that shouldnt be!

there should be like 5 people in the senate ONLY, cause you dont need like 75% of the people to decide wheathr we should have a tourny or not..

and i DID try to set up an SC tourny, but apperantly no one showed, or wanted to participate...so don't you be telling me to do something about getting this clan together, cause im fresh out of ideas...and playing the same game over and over again is not my idea of fun.

this clan might as well be called "The chess clan from GT":rolleyes:

BlueFire
04-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
this is eactly what im talking about....there are more members in the senate then there are normal members...that shouldnt be!
Actually, no. A lot of senate members are inactive...which means...bye :burger:

And yes, I agree, Happydude. This clan is getting careless...I'm running out of ideas as well.. :(

Happydude
04-04-2002, 03:53 PM
do me a favor...and maybe everyone else who vists the GTRAC site...update the members/senate page

Ginkasa
04-04-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm in of course.

Doubt I'll do any better than last time and get past the first game though ;)

Ric
04-06-2002, 07:10 AM
So anyway Yoda9864 old buddy, what time might that be GMT for any brits on GTRAC.

If its not too late I'm in, but I think that when the tournament starts it will be about 1:00 in the morning for me.

Yoda9864
04-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
and i DID try to set up an SC tourny, but apperantly no one showed, or wanted to participate...so don't you be telling me to do something about getting this clan together, cause im fresh out of ideas...and playing the same game over and over again is not my idea of fun.

this clan might as well be called "The chess clan from GT":rolleyes:
I know, and I totally agree. I think hte problem is, is that nobody in this clan has the same games.

We gotta have a battleship tourney after this. Maybe I'll set one up sometime.

Yoda9864
04-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ric
So anyway Yoda9864 old buddy, what time might that be GMT for any brits on GTRAC.

If its not too late I'm in, but I think that when the tournament starts it will be about 1:00 in the morning for me.
I tried to convert the time at http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc but I think Daylight Savings Time was screwing it up. You should check tommorow or sometime.

Angrist
04-07-2002, 03:13 PM
I'll play, if I'm online. Where do we play anyway? Can someone give me a link??? So I can practice a bit??

Yoda9864
04-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
I'll play, if I'm online. Where do we play anyway? Can someone give me a link??? So I can practice a bit??
We will be playing at the MSN Gaming Zone in the "Outnumbered by pawns" chess room.

www.zone.com - you'll have to join if you're not a member and download a small file.

Blackmane
04-07-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm game. Just let me get the day off work and I'm set.

BlueFire
04-07-2002, 09:16 PM
Nice to see the clan active again. :D

GameMaster
04-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Sure, I'll play! Sign me up, sign me up! :D

Angrist
04-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Nice to see the clan active again. :D Oh yeah, so active! (we still haven't played, have we???)

Angrist
04-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Ok I downloaded the stuff...

marionette
04-10-2002, 08:40 PM
i was going to play, but i can't anymore, i forgot i have stuff to do.

Ginkasa
04-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I might not make it. I'm at my dad's this weekend and I don't know what we're doing or what.....

I'm sure it'll be no problem but still.... :unsure:

GameMaster
04-12-2002, 01:13 AM
Let's play at pogo.com, no software necessary. I don't think the software is compatible with my computer so I guess I can't participate.

Yoda9864
04-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Ok, we'll take that into consideration. We probably will change locations to Pogo so that everyone can play.

GameMaster
04-14-2002, 01:46 PM
Ok, thanks Yoda. :)

All you have to do there is create a user name. And don't worry, it's all free.