PDA

View Full Version : PS2 question...

The_Dunadan
04-03-2002, 11:32 AM
my friend thinks his ps2 is broke. it quit reading the games. it was taking forever to load and stuff and the games were getting messed up like the levels were becoming transparent and there were no ppl in gta3! has this happened to anybody else? how did u fix it?

BigJustinW
04-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Wow, sounds like a case of someone dropping thier Ps2!

My friend's Dreamcast did the same thing (well not exactly, but damn close)

The_Dunadan
04-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
Wow, sounds like a case of someone dropping thier Ps2!

m friend says, "Nuh uh:sneaky:"

we called sony and they're going to give us a new one free of charge after we send ours back. all we have to do is pay shipping and handling.

Perfect Stu
04-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
we called sony and they're going to give us a new one free of charge after we send ours back. all we have to do is pay shipping and handling.

sounds like a good deal for someone who busted their PS2

Null
04-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Thats actually pretty good.

Sonys customer support must of changed. cuz before it wasnt that good.

my friend called cuz his Controller was broken...... they asked a series of questions about what brand Mem card he uses, controller...adaptors... etc.

He wisly answered everything was Sony brand.

then after all that they said theres nothing they can do.

W

T

F

only reason they asked thoes questions was to get out of doing it. by saying he used an off brand so and so and thats what caused it to break.

Then after all that they still get out of it. waist of time.

But if they're sending a whole new PS2 to you. thats damn nice of em.

Professor S
04-04-2002, 08:04 AM
I have a similar problem with a PS2, it struggles to load PS2 gaames for some reason, and many trimes rarely gets out of the "Playstation 2" pop up before the games.

The funny thing is that it has no problem running the old Playstation games, and once its "warmed up" it plays the PS2 games just fine too, but it absolutely won't load them until the PS2s been running for a good 1/2 an hour.

Odd.

Once it gets running, I spend hours on end with GTA3 and MGS2, although I think that Konami could have done more with the PS2 sequelk to their hit game. It just seems to be a graphically updated version of the first in many respects.

But I worship at the alter of GTA3 :D

Can anyone else recommend any other good PS2 games for me to rent while I still have it?

The_Dunadan
04-04-2002, 11:46 AM
you could rent Twisted Metal Black for some multiplayer fun.

Mikkey
04-04-2002, 11:55 AM
get ATV Offroad Fury, that is a really fun game

Jin
04-04-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan

That's such a good deal.

::Jin Contemplates dropping his PS2::

Oh yeah, I don't even have one yet.:-o :(

BlueFire
04-04-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jin

Oh yeah, I don't even have one yet.:-o :( I feel your pain. :(