PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Darkness... is this some delayed April Fools joke?

DeathsHand
04-02-2002, 02:25 PM
http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2852

Posted today, but said the conference took place yesterday (april fools day)...

Basically it goes on talking about how ED is awesome and this and that and not "giving away" anything that someone couldn't just make up... And promising more later...

If it's true, that's nice, but I dunno... I never heard about this summit thingy... of course, I don't follow things like that 100%... so I figured I'd post it here...

NGC-RULER gave it to me, which is another reason why I don't quite believe it, cuz he believes anything...

"NGCRULER: they also tell how many blocks ed takes up"

Hey guys, I hacked into Nintendo today and found out that Zelda will take up a whole memory card (which will come free, of course) because the game will have so much information to hold and this adventure will be Link's biggest yet!

:D

Anyways... *shrugs*

Revival
04-02-2002, 02:43 PM
How does NGC-RULER know all of this information, huh.. huh??? HOW?!?!?!

Stupid deyaled joke.

DeathsHand
04-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Greg the Bunny
How does NGC-RULER know all of this information, huh.. huh??? HOW?!?!?!

Oh.. ehh, that sucks. I really wanted this game, stupid delays.

NGC-RULER? Wha? He just gave me the link... and... he knows stuff... cuzza the story? :unsure:

http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2853

there's the story about the memory card...

Anyways...

They release all this big info and the game seems so awesome and not even videogames.com or anything has impressions of anything? Or any of this information?

Plus I hadn't heard of this summit thing before (like I said before), plus I got the link from NGCRULER who believes anything... which is why I don't believe it 100% ;)

And why did you point out delays? It didn't say anything about delays... did it? :unsure:

k bye

Ridley
04-02-2002, 02:52 PM
No no, the summit is infact real DeathsHand :D. Man I was scared for a second, I thought this was going to say it was delayed again. Then I'd have to kill someone and you know the old saying don't shoot the messenger, well I could have made an exception for you DeathsHand.

j/k :p

"NGCRULER: they also tell how many blocks ed takes up"

Don't you mean "Thay allso tell how manee bloakcs ed tayks uppp"? ;) Geez I can see why you wouldn't believe the article though, I mean they made characters solely for the demo so they wouldn't reveal anything? Sounds pretty crazy to me. But then again....it's Nintendo :unsure:.

Revival
04-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
And why did you point out delays? It didn't say anything about delays... did it? :unsure:
I messed up when I typed it, all fixed.

BigJustinW
04-02-2002, 02:55 PM
If I was the CEO of Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft... I'd release ALL of my blockbuster news on April 1st :D

it would be funny as hell seeing if people believed it or not :p

DeathsHand
04-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Ridley
I mean they made characters solely for the demo so they wouldn't reveal anything? Sounds pretty crazy to me. But then again....it's Nintendo :unsure:.

No, it's Silicon Knights... ;)

And I'm pretty sure they said before that that lady... who was in the mansion... whuzzer name... Lashante Jackson or something I dunno... She was also just made up to be in the demo too... or at least, she's not actually PLAYABLE in the game... I think...

Anyways...

"Don't you mean 'Thay allso tell how manee bloakcs ed tayks uppp'? "

Oh and BTW, speaking of spelling errors, he tried spelling april...

"Apil
*Aril
*Aprial, whatever"

.... took him three tries and he still didn't get it right ;)

Wooo good ol' funny NGCRULER...

marionette
04-02-2002, 03:27 PM
*looks at thread*
*looks at brother*
:p *laughs*

GameKinG
04-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Gamers Summit is real and held every year. They may have got this info out first because ussualy sites like gamespot release news at a certain time, or later in the day to say the least.

DeathsHand
04-02-2002, 05:46 PM
yeah gamespots impressions are up now... they're not negative, but they're not positive... they basically just explain things... although they say the controls are easy to use and the use of sound is good and it has a steady framerate blah blah... so I guess it's more positive than negative :p

Sounds neato... I don't have a link cuz right now GS isn't working for me for some reason... they have some nice screenshots too...

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040202/ed/ed_screen001.jpg

I like the looks of that guy :roll:

fingersman
04-03-2002, 12:55 PM
His arm looks funny.....besides I don't mind still screen shots but I prefer to see games in motion. But I think the character could look better....but that's just me.

DeathsHand
04-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
His arm looks funny.....besides I don't mind still screen shots but I prefer to see games in motion. But I think the character could look better....but that's just me.

When I said nice, I meant nice as in... not... graphically... :p

Yes, his arm does look funny... the characters in ED seem pretty errr.... blocky....ish... Kinda :unsure:

But I just meant he looked neat :D

And I read at IGN that one of the characters looks at this thing he wasn't supposed to and some black magic spell thingy shoots oot and hits 'im... and and and now and then while you're playing as him, he'll just like fall to his knees and scream or something, and he'd become pale and his eyes would look at neato and stuff cuz he was turning undead, and that's probably that guy :D :D :D

k bye