PDA

View Full Version : Sony Recommends...

MuGen
11-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I've decided to post up every now and then my recommendations as to games and accessories to buy. Now I am in no way affiliated with Sony Corp. so if you don't like my recommendations please don't send hate mail to Sony Corp. Just reply here...

My first recommendation

PS2 - GUITAR HERO
For all you heavy metal/rock/pop punk music listeners out there this is a good way to have fun with the music you like. The package is $69.99 and comes with the Guitar Hero PS2 game, with a Red Octane Guitar controller. It's not your average guitar... its about the size of a fisher price, and has 5 color coded buttons on the fret board. Also it has a whammy bar for added fun (doesn't effect game score or play, just there to add whizz to your riffs). Fun part is there is a trigger on the guitar for simulated picking or strumming. You get to play along with songs by Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath ala Ozzy, Megadeath, Led Zeppelin, Sum 41, Incubus, Franz Ferdinand ... etc.

The gameplay is amazing and you'll have hours of fun, even if you've beaten a song , and beaten it on all difficulty levels you'll still have fun with this game.

Graphics: 7
Sound: 10 (come on...)
Gameplay: 10
Replay Value: 10
Learning Curve: 'couple of minutes tops

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/257934.jpg

GameMaster
11-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I had never heard of this game prior to your thread. Thanks for the recommendation :)

I'll be picking this bad boy up when I get a PS3.

DeathsHand
11-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I actually wanna pick that game up, unfortunately 70 bucks is a bit too much for me to be spending right now...

Hopefully by the time I'm able to afford it, it's still fairly easy to find ;o

GameMaster
11-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I actually wanna pick that game up, unfortunately 70 bucks is a bit too much for me to be spending right now...

Hopefully by the time I'm able to afford it, it's still fairly easy to find ;o

I'm guessing ice cream isn't exactly a cashcrop this time of year, no?

Swan
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm quite interested in this game. Looks like it could be quite fun.

DeathsHand
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm guessing ice cream isn't exactly a cashcrop this time of year, no?

Probably not, but I can't be sure since I quit 4 months ago...

MuGen
11-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I had never heard of this game prior to your thread. Thanks for the recommendation :)

I'll be picking this bad boy up when I get a PS3.

But the game is already out for PS2? Unless you mean your going to be utilizing PS3's BWC?

Swan
11-23-2005, 05:48 PM
But the game is already out for PS2? Unless you mean your going to be utilizing PS3's BWC?
Yeah, that is what I was thinking he meant. I don't believe he has a PS2 now, just a GCN

Perfect Stu
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
if I had the time and money, I would be all over this

sadly, I have neither, and cant reward myself with something I dont deserve

MuGen
11-24-2005, 03:20 AM
oh how wonderful this game is. I let my sister (whose home for T'giving) play it and she's all over it, and her boyfriend... they just love the game.

The game has turned out to w00 a large fan base. I let my friend try it today also, he didn't want to leave...

Swan
11-24-2005, 11:21 PM
oh how wonderful this game is. I let my sister (whose home for T'giving) play it and she's all over it, and her boyfriend... they just love the game.
Are you saying she is all over the game as well as all over her boyfriend, or that they are both all over it?