PDA

View Full Version : I just had a beautiful GTA3 experience...

The_Dunadan
01-20-2002, 12:33 PM
let me tell you about it:D

i just got out of the hospital, bought a gun and had started shooting police and their cars. i ran out of ammo, so i got in a car. by this time my warning level was 4 or 5. i took off like a mad man and the cops were all over me, crashing left and right. they put up a road block of police cars but that didn't stop me. they caught my car on fire so i had to get out on foot. i was by the airport so i jumped off this hill but landed in this fenced in area. helicopeters were hovering over me so i took them out with my rocket. i jumped the fence and ran to a hangar. police cars were circling. as i was getting shot at i got in the dodo plane. i started heading for the runway with cops surrounding the plane causing me to almost roll it over. i put on the classical music which went nice. i started barreling down the runway, cops still at my sides, helicopters in the air. just when the song was reaching its climax, my plane, for the first time, successfully lifted off and i flew it over to stuanton island and landed it on a street. i didn't have enough time to get out before the fbi blew it up and killed me inside.

i love this game!

marionette
01-20-2002, 12:47 PM
lol, sounds like you had fun. my brother's friend got up to like a warning of 4 or 5, and he charged after the cops..well most of the time. H ewas like beating up the cops then taking their car and running. but eventually he got caught because there were so many cops after him because of his warning level. ya that game is pretty cool.

Perfect Stu
01-20-2002, 01:08 PM
ahhh...reminds me of my flamethrower/tank destruction derby...

damn that was fun...

Joeiss
01-20-2002, 01:38 PM
This is exactly why I am only 37% complete the game.... It is too fun to kill people! Lol.

DeathsHand
01-20-2002, 02:46 PM
I like going into that empty building with a bunch of windows in staunton island (and not the internet cafe or whatever)... and then just shooting a ton of people with the rocket launcher on the streets...

and then the tanks come and I try to torch as many as I can (the flamethrower and molotov cocktails are the most effective weapons against them) before one of the marines is able to out of the tank at a good angle and kill me :p

I also like getting the FBI on me and seeing if I can make it to the respray shop...

it's quite fun...

Y2Kevbug11
01-20-2002, 07:02 PM
Ah......Grand Theft Auto 3 moments.

Maximama
01-28-2002, 05:53 PM
I need this game. Well, hopefully it will be on xbox soon...

The_Dunadan
01-28-2002, 09:21 PM
i wonder if this game still comes out for pc....

PureEvil
01-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by marionette
lol, sounds like you had fun. my brother's friend got up to like a warning of 4 or 5, and he charged after the cops..well most of the time. H ewas like beating up the cops then taking their car and running. but eventually he got caught because there were so many cops after him because of his warning level. ya that game is pretty cool.

Your brother has friends?

:WHOA:

Perfect Stu
01-28-2002, 10:11 PM
I don't like that kinda stuff in this forum, PE...

*brings out baseball bat*

RUN, JUNIOR, RUN!!!!!!!!!

:mad2:

Apologize to Marionette...or I'll make you squeal like a pig :mad2:

DeathsHand
01-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
I don't like that kinda stuff in this forum, PE...

*brings out baseball bat*

RUN, JUNIOR, RUN!!!!!!!!!

:mad2:

Apologize to Marionette...or I'll make you squeal like a pig :mad2:

apologize to marionette? what did he do wrong? I make fun of her brother all the time heh heh heh..... he... he doesn't visit these forums anymore, does he? :sneaky: err... does he, guys?........ OOhhhh sh**... *runs away all scared and the like*

Drunk Hobbit
01-29-2002, 05:25 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cx/uc/20020117/bo/bo020117l.gif
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cx/uc/20020118/bo/bo020118l.gif
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cx/uc/20020119/bo/bo020119l.gif

marionette
01-29-2002, 09:39 PM
LOL..well..PE no comment;) and lol, no i don't think he comes here anymore..

~VIN~
02-02-2002, 06:33 PM
How do you get the dod plane to fly? I can only get it in the air for 3 seconds.

DeathsHand
02-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ~VIN~
How do you get the dod plane to fly? I can only get it in the air for 3 seconds.

My record is I think 763 seconds...

You just gotta get enough speed on take off, and then be careful when turning and stuff...

The_Dunadan
02-03-2002, 11:56 AM

i got this from the gta3 garage....

Thought I'd drop a note about flying the dodo. It really flies-- my longest
flight so far is 711 seconds (no typo-- over 10 minutes). To do this, start
out like you describe... accelerate down the runway with very slight forward
pressure until the plane starts to bounce and doesn't want to stay on the
ground anymore. Then let the stick back to neutral and the plane will soar
into the air. At this point, it acts more or less like a real plane (with
clipped wings, no less.) In particular, most people think of a plane's stick
as the control for going higher or lower, but it's really not-- it's really
the speed control. Pushing forward speeds the plane up, and pulling back
slows it down. The plane in Grand Theft Auto 3 is the same way. The goal is
to keep the plane above stall speed (the speed at which the wings stop
generating lift and the plane falls out of the sky.) This basically means
that it's your goal to conserve speed and push forward whenever the nose gets
too high. You should almost never be pulling back. And also, turn very,
very gently, because a plane's stall speed increases during a bank-- another
aspect of flying that the game seems to simulate more or less accurately.
It even seems to do a rudimentary lift calculation for each wing, because
I got it into a spin once that was very realistic.
So once you're up in the air, the plane will swoop a little... try to dampen
the swoops by preventing the plane from reaching the peak of any swoop
(let it nose down pretty much whenever it wants, though.) Eventually the
plane will level off and you can fly around the islands. Even meet up with
the other Cessna that's up there near north Portland. Don't hit anything,
and don't stall, and you can fly indefinitely. (oh, except for one bug--
if you fly directly over any unique jump, it'll pop to the cut scene and
your plane will quickly fly out of scene-- but the cut scene doesn't go
away until you crash, so you can't fly anymore.)

~VIN~
02-04-2002, 04:27 PM
Thank you. Now all I need is the game.

The_Dunadan
02-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Thank you. Now all I need is the game.

or a plane. i'd wait for gta3 though.

Professor S
02-04-2002, 11:19 PM
I'm with Maximama. I need Rockstar to hurry up the X-Box development of this game.

jeepnut
02-05-2002, 05:46 PM
*Points and laughs at people with X-Box.*

:D

Professor S
02-05-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm not quite sure why you're laughing at us. We will be getting GTA3 eventually, while you will not be getting Project Ego, Halo, etc..

*Points and laughs at everyone with PS2*

Oh yeah, I know PS2 has plenty of exclusives such as FFX, etc. (MGSX is still up in the air though) so you don't have to bother yelling at me, I was just making a counterpoint and having a little fun.:p

Perfect Stu
02-05-2002, 09:13 PM
I don't own an Xbox...but I will get Halo...

when it comes out for PC :p

Don't even talk about exclusives when Sony has SQUARESOFT exclusive (for now at least)

so :p

Professor S
02-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Square... I don't really care about them. The only decent games they seem to be able to put out are the FF series, and honestly I've grown tired of them. They've become too heavy handed and they haven't put out anything innovative gameplay wise in long while. I actually think they're still coasting from the hype and quality of FF7. Plus, they probably will start developing for other consoles in a while.

Now Skies of Arcadia... that was a breath of fresh air. PS2 will be getting that. Thankfully I have it for Dreamcast.

As for Halo, no definite release date or information on the PC version has come out for a LONG TIME. It will eventually make it there, but not until MS has solidly entrenched the X-Box securely in Japan and Europe. Porting their killer app on the X-Box to PC any time soon before that would make absolutely no sense business wise. MS has invested WAY too much money in the Box to let an early PC port potentially ruin sales of their new console internationally.

So :p back atcha! :D

The_Dunadan
02-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler
I'm not quite sure why you're laughing at us. We will be getting GTA3 eventually, while you will not be getting Project Ego, Halo, etc..

*Points and laughs at everyone with PS2*

Oh yeah, I know PS2 has plenty of exclusives such as FFX, etc. (MGSX is still up in the air though) so you don't have to bother yelling at me, I was just making a counterpoint and having a little fun.:p

halo comes out for pc this summer. gta3 comes out for pc sometime soon also. as for project ego, some xbox magazine from a while ago implied that it would probably come out for pc as well.

Professor S
02-06-2002, 08:19 PM
Um, could you please post some sources on the Halo and Project Ego info you gave. I have seen no information giving a definite release date for Halo on PC, and as for Ego Peter Molyneux himself said it was a XBox exclusive. I've been to every PE site imaginable and PC development or release has never been mentioned.

The_Dunadan
02-06-2002, 09:00 PM
i'll do it tomorrow.

Professor S
02-06-2002, 09:11 PM
I'll look forward to it.

edit 2/7

Still looking forward to it. hmmmm...:hmm:

The_Dunadan
02-08-2002, 09:52 PM
lol, sorry i've been busy. i'll go find it now.

Professor S
02-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Thanks, I was starting to worry about you.:D

The_Dunadan
02-09-2002, 04:16 PM
halo-http://pc.ign.com/news/37514.html

as for project ego, i read the info in the 2nd issue or 1st of the official xbox mag, but i threw it away. it said that project ego won't be coming out on the other systems except maybe pc. it implied that it would come out for pc pretty heavily. i posted the thread a long time ago but its not there now.

Professor S
02-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info, but if you're using that as your source for your claim, its pretty weak.

1) Old. That article was dated in August of last year. Who knows how valid that is anymore.

2) The article even states that it was all speculation at that point. Nebulous at best. Conflicting reports and no release date.

It still think Halo isn't coming out to Pc any time soon, unless the X-Box cements itself world wide very quickly.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

And as for Project Ego, I pretty much positive its just coming out for X-Box, at least initially. I go to Egomaniacs all the time, and I haven't seen word one about a PC release, but I will look into it.

The_Dunadan
02-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info, but if you're using that as your source for your claim, its pretty weak.

1) Old. That article was dated in August of last year. Who knows how valid that is anymore.

2) The article even states that it was all speculation at that point. Nebulous at best. Conflicting reports and no release date.

It still think Halo isn't coming out to Pc any time soon, unless the X-Box cements itself world wide very quickly.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

And as for Project Ego, I pretty much positive its just coming out for X-Box, at least initially. I go to Egomaniacs all the time, and I haven't seen word one about a PC release, but I will look into it.

yeh i know project e is still coming out for xbox, definately. the sidenote just said something like maybe pc afterwards. like deus ex 2.

Professor S
02-10-2002, 03:13 PM
If they do release PE on PC, I hope they make it a MMORPG. Now that would be amazing.

The_Dunadan
02-10-2002, 03:26 PM
just got my longest flight today, 300 something seconds. i learned how to fly better. i always thought when it dove down a little to raise it back up. but instead you shouldn't touch anything, just let it level out.

Professor S
02-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Does the plane crash,or do you just land. And if you crash, do you die, or just get out?

The_Dunadan
02-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Does the plane crash,or do you just land. And if you crash, do you die, or just get out?

it acts just like one of the cars, if you roll into the ground to hard or go upside down it will catch on fire, and then you have a little bit of time to get out and run. you can land it if you want anywhere on the ground, but if you touch anything while in flight the flight seconds stop.

DeathsHand
02-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Yeah, it's funny how you can survive plane crashses :p

then again, I survived a train wreck...

I had 3 health, I took a car down into the subway, the train smashed into the car and it caught on fire, and I got out of the car and ran away... :D

Professor S
02-10-2002, 04:46 PM
I need this game...