PDA

View Full Version : In pictures: Online gamers unmasked

Teuthida
10-29-2005, 09:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/technology_online_gamers_unmasked/html/1.stm

What are your motivations and reasons for creating the online characters and personas you do?

Dyne
10-29-2005, 10:06 PM
For PSO, I created a female FOnewearl because I'd rather stare at a female's ass than a male's ass for hundreds of hours.

DeathsHand
10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
What are your motivations and reasons for creating the online characters and personas you do?

It makes me feel BIG!!!
*runs away crying*

Typhoid
10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
He’d been getting involved in petty crime, but the game gave him a sense of accomplishment. He says that if it weren’t for computer games, he probably wouldn’t be alive today.

Thats the kind of thing that needs to be said more in the media. :p

Anyways, I dont much play the MMORPG's, and I never really have.

I used to play Diablo, a long long time ago from my friends house when I had the chance, and whenever I would play, I'd be a backstabbing mother****er. I'd tell people to trade me things by dropping them on the ground, then I would take them, kill them, and run.

Or simply mudering people was good enough for me. I was stocked up on ears.

I model any game charatcer I am after myself.

Loosely, anyways.

Jonbo298
10-30-2005, 03:09 AM
My "main" characters in an MMO (City of Heroes/City of Villains) is always male. Alt characters (extras) are usually female with some male. Just gotta have a variety

Krypton
10-30-2005, 03:09 PM
my characters in NBA games are always as tall as me, and fat.

Swan
10-30-2005, 04:39 PM
You can study magic in college!?!?!?!

Happydude
11-01-2005, 12:07 AM
You can study magic in college!?!?!?!
!!! i wanna do it too!!!

Clone_GCC
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I make my MMORPG characters with their own personas. It's kinda weird but i pretend i am them with a different personality and sorta project a persona of the character i've created. Wow, i might need a psychologist.
I guess it can be likened to Multi Personality Disorder, but in the gaming world lol.

Happydude
11-04-2005, 06:20 AM
i usually try to make my chars look cool and stuff, not really model them after anything or anybody...just like them looking all shiny and cool.