PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Figter RPG successor to Shenmue??

Angrist
03-30-2002, 07:31 AM
Interesting read. It seems that Shenmue started out as 'Virtua Fighter RPG'. The same guy that made Shenmue is making this GC Virtual Fighter RPG. Could it be...:)

An article posted earlier today on Cube Europe revealed that a Virtua Fighter RPG is on its way to the GameCube. We believe that this title will be the spritual successor to Shenmue 2 - Dreamcast owners will remember that Shenmue was originally known as Virtua Fighter RPG and then later Project Berkley. Those who regularly visit Cube Europe will also remember when we exclusively revealed that their was strong possibility of Shenmue coming to the Gamecube - and now it has been virtually confirmed in another guise. Shenmue mastermind Yu Suzuki is at the helm of Virtua Fighter RPG which is another reason why you should be very excited.
Soucre: Cube-Europe (http://www.cube-europe.com/fullnews.cgi?newsid1017486787,24728,)

Ginkasa
03-30-2002, 11:05 AM
I would rather have Shenmue than a clone of it.

BigJustinW
03-30-2002, 02:16 PM
well link... two choices:

A Clone or Nothing

GameKinG
03-30-2002, 03:14 PM
Well, Im not a huge fan of Shenmue, so I can only hope its better.

Ginkasa
03-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
well link... two choices:

A Clone or Nothing

I'll take the clone if that's all I can get but I would still rather have Shenmue.

fingersman
04-01-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Link1130

I'll take the clone if that's all I can get but I would still rather have Shenmue.

SMART GUY THIS ONE IS..YES?

But who says it's a clone?? I mean why make a clone of Shenmue when they can give you the real thing?( unless the series is going exclusive to Xbox)

I think it will be something like Shenmue (obvisously, unless they go and make it into a turn based something j/k :p) but still different, think about the possiblities. I know I can.
Besides I prefer this to the fighting game anyway.....cause i suck at almost all the 2d fighting games( although i play them) and some of the 3d ones ...except Soul Caliber( damn I can't wait for that game)
*drools*

fingersman
04-01-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Link1130

SMART GUY THIS ONE IS..YES?

But who says it's a clone?? I mean why make a clone of Shenmue when they can give you the real thing?( unless the series is going exclusive to Xbox)

I think it will be something like Shenmue (obvisously, unless they go and make it into a turn based something j/k :p) but still different, think about the possiblities. I know I can.
Besides I prefer this to the fighting game anyway.....cause i suck at almost all the 2d fighting games( although i play them) and some of the 3d ones ...except Soul Caliber( damn I can't wait for that game)
So i'm glad I'll get to see all the stars in the VF
series in a fighting game:D
*drools*

DeathsHand
04-01-2002, 12:59 AM
I coulda sworned that I heard like... action/adventure... and the word "RPG" was mentioned too... based on virtua fighter.. hmmm... maybe... it will be kinda like... Have a nice storyline like RPGs... but the gameplay will be sorta like... there are enemies you see... and when you get into a battle with one, it goes to a battle screen (similar to Final Fantasy or games I guess), but the fight plays out just like normal Virtua Fighter games? :unsure:

I dunno just some little thing that popped into my head... I didn't read the story that had a link to it in this topic, but I read another one... from ign I think...

Bah, I dunno, all I know is I don't think they'd throw the name Virtua Fighter onto the game if it didn't have some sort of normal VF fighting game elements... then again... we don't know for sure until we see the thing so... *shrugs*

BigJustinW
04-01-2002, 01:06 PM
Shenume was supposed to be a VF RPG (look at your EGM "Xbox vs Gamecube" issue)

Ryo is supposed to be Akira, but I guess Sega ditched the idea... til now