PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter on the GC...not a fighter?

BlueFire
03-30-2002, 01:39 AM
At Sega's GameJam event in Tokyo today, AM2 and Yu Suzuki revealed that they are planning a Virtua Fighter game to signify the 10th anniversary of the series this 2003. The game is being developed for the GameCube and to top it off...it's not a fighter. Suzuki referred the game as "Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary Special Project." He described the genre of the game as the action-adventure category. He did throw in the term RPG a few times. He also made it clear that this is not a Virtua Fighter Kids type of game. GT will have more when it comes available.

*Yawn*

Too tired and sick to think... :-o

Idiot
03-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Intruiging..... Of course, I say everything is intresting, intruiging etc., but this is more intruiging than most.

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 08:05 AM
Well I prefer an RPG type game instead of them dumbing down the fighting game for the Cube's demographics.

Angrist
03-30-2002, 08:20 AM
Like I said in my thread, it could become something very similliar to Shenmue. :)

UncleNoName
03-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
Like I said in my thread, it could become something very similliar to Shenmue. :)

Hopefully it is not a Shenmue-like game aimed toward us "little kids" who bought Gamecube...:rolleyes:.

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Generic

Hopefully it is not a Shenmue-like game aimed toward us "little kids" who bought Gamecube...:rolleyes:.

Well this is taken form PGC, but also included in pretty much any news post you find on the game.

Mr. Suzuki explained that the game is an Action-RPG featuring a power meter where players kick with the A-button. He also clarified that it will not be skewed towards a younger audience,

So in other words the game won't be aimed for the little kiddies and well feature every character in the series.

Angrist
03-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone
So in other words the game won't be aimed for the little kiddies and well feature every character in the series. :burger:

designated_GM3R
03-30-2002, 09:11 AM
Yes, I know that the article was posted late last night.
Just a forewarning to you folks... April Fools is just around the corner. Watch your back.

fingersman
03-30-2002, 09:26 AM
But if it is true....then this will be sweeeeeettttttttttttttt. I like Shenmue...but now you got all these stars and stuff in the same game..sort of remains me of MArio rp in a way. :DI hope it's true....the Cube is finally showing so of it's potential...and about damn time too.

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by fingersman
But if it is true....then this will be sweeeeeettttttttttttttt. I like Shenmue...but now you got all these stars and stuff in the same game..sort of remains me of MArio rp in a way. :DI hope it's true....the Cube is finally showing so of it's potential...and about damn time too.
Actually the news is quite true the game was revealed at Sega GameJam 2 in Japan. It was held on Saturday afternoon and featured like 4-5 Sega teams.

Day 2 of the session is today and will feature the other teams including OverWorks (Who have to be working on something since Skies isn't being ported by them) WaveMaster and HitMaker and about 2 more temas.

they also confirmed a port of the arcade volleyball titles Beach Spikers or something to that extent.

Ginkasa
03-30-2002, 11:00 AM
Cool. I would rather have them give this to XBox and bring Shenmue to the GCN but that's just me ;)

I hope we can do more than kick :unsure:

designated_GM3R
03-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Shibby... PSO figurines were showcased at the event...
I'll be importing.

newname
04-02-2002, 12:02 PM
ok....thats really wierd after 10 years of fighting to go with a totally different genre with the aniversary edition. anyone see somthing wierd with this picture?