*makes another wish list that might not come true*

Wishlist:
PS2
FFX, GTA3, VF4
XBOX
Project Ego

Roughly..800 dollars or so...

:(
You should add Shenmue II and Star Fox Adventures to that wish list also. ;)

BlueFire
03-29-2002, 11:39 PM
Shenmue II..meh..:p
And StarFox is a possibility..along with Resident Evil, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. :(

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 08:43 AM
This game looks to be shaping up REAL nice. It looks REAL pretty. I think I may consider getting an X-Box as my second/bastard child system. I guess I'll wait to see if graphics don't take priority to this gameplay. But it does look REAL good.

Angrist
03-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Hmmm... looks good.
If there was one reason I'd buy an XB, it would be this game.

Let's just hope it also plays good.

Bond
03-30-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
Hmmm... looks good.
If there was one reason I'd buy an XB, it would be this game.

Let's just hope it also plays good.
Yeah, I am really eager to see how it plays. Hopefully Big Blue Box will have something playable at E3.

Revival
03-30-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Hmm...

*makes another wish list that might not come true*

Wishlist:
PS2
FFX, GTA3, VF4
XBOX
Project Ego

Roughly..800 dollars or so...

:(
I got the same wishlist here.. :D

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bond

Yeah, I am really eager to see how it plays. Hopefully Big Blue Box will have something playable at E3.

Yes I really do hope..

what do I mean.. The game is sue out the end of the year..they better have something playable by then..

Bond
03-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone

Yes I really do hope..

what do I mean.. The game is sue out the end of the year..they better have something playable by then..
Yeah, I'm almost positive that Big Blue Box (BBB) will at least have a small part of the game playable at E3.

As far as the screen shots go, they have revealed that the game seems to be progressing very nicely. But BBB also seems to be hiding a lot of details ... almost like Nintendo. :roll:

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I'm almost positive that Big Blue Box (BBB) will at least have a small part of the game playable at E3.

As far as the screen shots go, they have revealed that the game seems to be progressing very nicely. But BBB also seems to be hiding a lot of details ... almost like Nintendo. :roll:

Nobody is as secretive as Nintendo. I mean we don't even have an official name for Zelda GC.

But I hope there is some good news coming out of e3 on this game.

Bond
03-30-2002, 03:10 PM

Nobody is as secretive as Nintendo. I mean we don't even have an official name for Zelda GC.

But I hope there is some good news coming out of e3 on this game.
Well Project Ego will not be the final title for this game. So... that's about the same as Zelda GameCube.

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Well in the latest IGN preview Peter M makes some bold statements on Project Ego

"I'm now going to say a bold, bold claim, which you are going to throw back in my face, time and time again. And this is a stupid thing I'm going to say, and I don't know why I'm going to say it, but I'm going to say it anyway. I reckon that Project Ego is going to be the greatest role-playing game of all time. Which is insane. I could say the second greatest, I could say quite good, I could say, hmmmm it's quite nice, but I'm going to say greatest game of all time." -- P.M.

Well let's see if his words come through.

Revival
03-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Hmm.. I don't know what to think of those words..

I don't know whether to think that he is bragging, or if his words are true, if the game really is great..

I'll have to think about it :hmm:

Bond
03-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by .: Shooter :.
Hmm.. I don't know what to think of those words..

I don't know whether to think that he is bragging, or if his words are true, if the game really is great..

I'll have to think about it :hmm:
Yeah, the quote was a little odd. Good or bad it's hard to say.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the game is released to judge.

BreakABone
03-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Well we will just have to wait till after his game is released.

But Bond where did you hear this news that Project Ego might not be the official name of the game?

Bond
03-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Well we will just have to wait till after his game is released.

But Bond where did you hear this news that Project Ego might not be the official name of the game?
It was revealed a long time ago in an interview. But I'm hoping that Big Blue Box will keep the name Project Ego.

Shadow_Link
03-30-2002, 06:55 PM
I must say this game hasn't made any improvements in graphical terms, which isn't really a bad thing, because it looked really relly good when it first appeared, and that is all we have seen from the game, plus a few minor details about the game!

Depending on what happens at E3 with this game, I will base my decision on buying this game for my Xbox. I just hope this game won't be as big a dissapointment as B & W was. Don't get me wrong, that game was a very very good game, just not the great game I was expecting it to be.

Bond
03-30-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
I must say this game hasn't made any improvements in graphical terms, which isn't really a bad thing, because it looked really relly good when it first appeared, and that is all we have seen from the game, plus a few minor details about the game!

Depending on what happens at E3 with this game, I will base my decision on buying this game for my Xbox. I just hope this game won't be as big a dissapointment as B & W was. Don't get me wrong, that game was a very very good game, just not the great game I was expecting it to be.
Did you really expect it to make any graphical improvements? I mean it is one of the most graphically advanced games on the Xbox so far. As far as releasing new screen shots goes, more is being revealed about the terrain and houses if you read a little into the screen shots.

I actually never played Black & White, but I heard it was pretty good and the game did sell fairly well. Also isn't an expansion pack in the words? That has to mean at least the same was semi-successful. :D

BlueFire
03-30-2002, 07:16 PM
"I'm now going to say a bold, bold claim, which you are going to throw back in my face, time and time again. And this is a stupid thing I'm going to say, and I don't know why I'm going to say it, but I'm going to say it anyway. I reckon that Project Ego is going to be the greatest role-playing game of all time. Which is insane. I could say the second greatest, I could say quite good, I could say, hmmmm it's quite nice, but I'm going to say greatest game of all time." -- P.M.

I really don't care what this guy says. Anyone can say it's the best RPG of all time. I'll wait until I play it.

Xantar
03-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Isn't this game called "Fable" now?

As to Mr. Molyneux's quote: it may very well turn out to be true, but what exactly is the greatest RPG of all time supposed to be? There really isn't an objective way to do it. Like any other game, some will love it, some will hate it. My guess is more will love this game. But I'm not expecting to play this game and think to myself "Wow, this really is the greatest of all time." It could happen. I'm just not anticipating it.

Bond
03-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
Isn't this game called "Fable" now?
Was that sarcasm? :confused:

Shadow_Link
03-30-2002, 07:59 PM

Did you really expect it to make any graphical improvements? I mean it is one of the most graphically advanced games on the Xbox so far. As far as releasing new screen shots goes, more is being revealed about the terrain and houses if you read a little into the screen shots.

I actually never played Black & White, but I heard it was pretty good and the game did sell fairly well. Also isn't an expansion pack in the words? That has to mean at least the same was semi-successful. :D

Really, I did explain myself in the post didn't I?

which isn't really a bad thing, because it looked really relly good when it first appeared

There... :D

Bond
03-30-2002, 09:12 PM

Really, I did explain myself in the post didn't I?
Muhahahahahaha, you have fallen into my trap!

That was a very intelligent post Shadow_Link.

Shadow_Link
03-31-2002, 08:20 AM

Muhahahahahaha, you have fallen into my trap!

That was a very intelligent post Shadow_Link.

You are a sly one aren't you Bond? I will get you, very soon!

Oh, and that WAS an intelligent post wasn't it Bond? :D

Xantar
03-31-2002, 11:32 AM

Was that sarcasm? :confused:

No. I actually read somewhere that Project Ego was renamed Fable. The name sort of made sense to me. But if you guys haven't heard of it...

*shrug*

BreakABone
03-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Xantar

No. I actually read somewhere that Project Ego was renamed Fable. The name sort of made sense to me. But if you guys haven't heard of it...

*shrug*

Well I thik Xanny is seeing things again. We all know since he lost his job as a mod he has been smoking and drinking to get rid of his problems.

Anyhow I came across this at some other forum and wanted to see what you people thought of the play time.

As for gameplay, he promises players at least "20 hours of amazing incredible gameplay if you play straight through with no distractions or side quests. But your character could get thrown in jail for ten years; he could get married, have kids and take a break from adventuring or choose any of a number of other ways to play the game. We are balancing the game around great entertainment, not on how difficult we can make it."

http://www.gamespy.com/gdc2002/molyneux/index3.shtm

I don't know about this. There are many type of gamers and some may be disappointed.

There are the type who play a game only once and if they feel cheated they will complain. Ofcourse, if they were wise they would play it more than once.

There are the perfectionist who will play a game 10-20 times to get everthing and all those blasted endings. Who would probably be happy with the short time.Makes it easier to play over.

Well those were my 2 pesos.

Gambit_X
03-31-2002, 12:10 PM
I'm not jealous of any exclusive Xbox gets... except when it comes to this. Project Ego (or Fable as our dillusional Xantar claims it. :D) just may turn out to be not only the greatest RPG ever made thus far, but it may just make the best game spot. I've always wanted a game like this and never thought it was possible on a console. Xbox may be able to do it. Every time I see more of this game or hear new details it makes me wanna go make money as soon as I can to buy an Xbox, even if it means selling lemonade on the corner of the block.

Now, since that was a completely pro-Xbox post and I've never made one before I'm going to add one criticizim (and correct me if I'm wrong). If the game needs something, I mean really requires[i] something to make it the best ever in my eyes there needs to be online play. Yes, I know, some of you are getting sick of little online RPG kiddies raving about how cool they are, but hear me out. When you have an ambitious a project as Ego is and you're trying to get the most real feeling you can in it there needs to be real interaction between characters. That's why I feel that this would work best on a PC.

*Dodges axe swipes and rocks aimed at him by angry Xbox fans*

Okay, now wait before we start the flaming. I didn't say it [i]couldn't be done on Xbox. I'm merely saying that is seems like it would work best on a PC instead of a console. Only time will tell if my accusations are justified. Until then, could somebody please give me a link to a movie of this game in action? Or are there none? I can't seem to find any if there are.

Thanks for your help.

Bond
03-31-2002, 06:53 PM

You are a sly one aren't you Bond? I will get you, very soon!

Oh, and that WAS an intelligent post wasn't it Bond? :D
This can go on forever Shadow_Link! But to end this, let me just add, what an extremely, extremely intelligent post Shadow_Link ...

*Ok, that's enough!*

Professor S
03-31-2002, 10:39 PM
Uh, Xantar ain't dellusional fellas. You guys should check out Egomaniacs to get all your info.

They originbally wanted to call it Alter Ego, but that name was already taken by a 1984 text psychology game. Two other names being bandied about were "Fable" and "Heroes".

I have to agree though, I hope they keep it Project Ego. Its so much cooler:D

BTW, in the latest Peter M interview on IGN, Peter seems to be a little obsessive about Project Ego. To sum it up he said that he will not release Project Ego untilit is the greatest game of all time. The actual interview was about B.C., and he said he only wants that to be a solid game. It looks like Peter might be taking Ego very personally.

I wouldn't take the Fall 2002 release date too literally guys.:D

Bond
04-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Uh, Xantar ain't dellusional fellas. You guys should check out Egomaniacs to get all your info.

They originbally wanted to call it Alter Ego, but that name was already taken by a 1984 text psychology game. Two other names being bandied about were "Fable" and "Heroes".

I have to agree though, I hope they keep it Project Ego. Its so much cooler:D

BTW, in the latest Peter M interview on IGN, Peter seems to be a little obsessive about Project Ego. To sum it up he said that he will not release Project Ego untilit is the greatest game of all time. The actual interview was about B.C., and he said he only wants that to be a solid game. It looks like Peter might be taking Ego very personally.

I wouldn't take the Fall 2002 release date too literally guys.:D
Well, it has been months since I checked out the Project Ego website... oh well. I still say Big Blue Box should stick with Project Ego, first of all it's already well known and it is an all good name for a game.

As far as the Fall 2002 release date goes, I'd say it's still 50/50 that it will come out in 2002.

Professor S
04-01-2002, 10:07 AM
B.C. is being made by Intrepid Games, not Big Blue Box. But they are both satellite developers of Molyneux's Liongead Studios, so he has hands on interest in both, but two separate teams for PE and B.C.

Geez, I know way too much about this for my own good, I'm going to go out and play kickball now.

BreakABone
04-01-2002, 04:45 PM
B.C. is being made by Intrepid Games, not Big Blue Box. But they are both satellite developers of Molyneux's Liongead Studios, so he has hands on interest in both, but two separate teams for PE and B.C.

Geez, I know way too much about this for my own good, I'm going to go out and play kickball now.
The more and more you talk about him the more he reminds me of an American Miyamoto.

Professor S
04-01-2002, 09:28 PM
I actually think he's English, but I'm not sure on that.

Bond
04-01-2002, 09:31 PM
I actually think he's English, but I'm not sure on that.
Yes, he is. I believe that the rest of the team is English also, but I'm not positive on that one.

BreakABone
04-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Well he still sounds like another Miyamoto and we know that could only mean good things for his game and Xboxers.

Professor S
04-01-2002, 09:41 PM
I actually think that his intimate involvement with the XBox is the reason it sems do be doing so much better in the Uk than in the rest of Europe. And no, I have no numbers, but according to the reports I've seen the launch is shaping up like that.

Bond
04-01-2002, 09:48 PM
I actually think that his intimate involvement with the XBox is the reason it sems do be doing so much better in the Uk than in the rest of Europe. And no, I have no numbers, but according to the reports I've seen the launch is shaping up like that.
I heard somewhere that the Xbox is selling quite well in Europe, but did miss Microsoft's target sales from an independent source.

I'll try to find the link...

Professor S
04-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Cool, thanks.

I definitely heard it was doing well in the UK, but I have heard rumors to the contrary elsewhere. But then again, rumors are rumors:rolleyes:

Bond
04-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Cool, thanks.

I definitely heard it was doing well in the UK, but I have heard rumors to the contrary elsewhere. But then again, rumors are rumors:rolleyes:
It's doing good in the United Kingdom, that's for sure. But other areas are hard to say. I just posted a press release from Microsoft here (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1375) about it. Interpret what you want.