PDA

View Full Version : EA NHL 06 -vs- Sega NHL 2k6

Null
08-28-2005, 07:02 PM
ok, since they're getting released soon now, i havnt read up much on either. Whcih one is looking better this year?
i know 2k6 is still gunna cost $19.99, what about EA's? still normal price or what?
any major new things on either? improvments? bad things on either?

im downloading the PC demo as im typing this. so at least i'll get to try that out tho.

But any info or opinions as usual will be welcome :) for thoes buying a hockey game this year, Which will you be getting?

Perfect Stu
08-28-2005, 08:08 PM
last year I really preferred 2K5. it just felt a lot more like hockey. as for this years versions, I dunno. wait and see for me.

Null
08-28-2005, 08:41 PM
im afraid to see the the commentary for sega this year.... i hated it before the ESPN guys did it, and now they lost espn... hopfully they got someone good tho.

The Duggler
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
im afraid to see the the commentary for sega this year.... i hated it before the ESPN guys did it, and now they lost espn... hopfully they got someone good tho.

It doesn't suprise me that commentary is an important thing in a sport game for you.

Null
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
It doesn't suprise me that commentary is an important thing in a sport game for you.

Thats makes pretty much no sense at all. it should be important (not end all be all) to most people. thats pretty much what the sound is of sports games. thats like saying sound isnt important in any game.

It doesnt surprise me that you think that way tho. ;)

But im happy now, i guess the guys from Hockey night in Canada are announcing 2k6 now. :)

Null
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM
UPDATE....
EGM scores....

NHL2k6: 7.5, 7.0, 6.0 - 7/10 average

NHL 06: 7.0, 7.5, 7.5 - 7.33/10 average

If these are real, then i might just have to really reconsider buying either. Perhaps i'll buy the PC NHL 06 version since thoes usually get better reviews then EA's console versions.

DarrenMcLeod
09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Ever since 2K3, I've preferred Sega's efforts to EA. It's a much deeper simulation.

There's one problem though - all of my friends like EA games better, and can't get used to the 2K games, so they don't like them. That's one thing to consider, because multiplayer hockey is a LOT of fun, and I don't get much with 2K hockey.

Null
09-03-2005, 09:39 PM
well thoes scores are right

and i agree the past few 2k* nhl games have been beter, but they say EA's really steped it up a bit this year. a major complaint egm had about 2k6 is that the goalies are horrible, they let in soft glove side shots from the blue line in. where as they are saying that EA's defence and goaltending this year is pretty good.

so EA NHL 06 on PC this year is looking like a solid option for me.