PDA

View Full Version : High School Sports

geist
01-20-2002, 12:33 AM
if you are in or were in those beloved years of high skewl than post what sports u did and are doing!!!

Currently im not doing anything just weight lifting for football next year but for spring i plan on doing track and volleyball.

gekko
01-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Was involved with soccer. Don't like the coaches, so I quit.

The Germanator
01-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Used to play football, but I injured my back pretty badly, so I can't play anymore. Now I just play basketball and baseball.

Jin
02-03-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm playing football. The practices are hell, but the sport itself is one of the funnest to play. I play wide reciever, or corner. What position did you play Germanator?

BigJustinW
02-03-2002, 02:04 AM
I have to go by year...

Freshman year:
Football, Baseball

Sophmore year:
Football, Basketball, Baseball

Junior year:
Football, Basketball, Track

Senior year:
Football, Basketball

Freshman year (College)
Football (Red Shirt), Track

Revival
02-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Well, I don't play the Sports, but I work with them, I'm the Asst. Athletic Director, and I usually do the stuff like running the scoreboards, bring the teams down to the locker rooms (they easily get lost in PA's maze of team rooms -- there's 14 total), and stuff like that.

So far I've worked at:
Football
Volleyball
Basketball

(Also, that's just up till now, I haven't worked at any of the other season's games)

Next year, I plan to work at:
Soccer (manager)
Football
Volleyball
Basketball
Baseball
Softball

Joeiss
02-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Haha, Shooter's a towel boy. j/k

I play basketball on my school team. My coach is a nutcase, my team sucks, but it is fun.

Revival
02-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Haha, Shooter's a towel boy. j/k
Hardly.. for started, a towel boy doesn't get paid $12.50 an hour, and I like what I do, it's easy, it's very good money, and I get to watch the sports I like.

The Germanator
02-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Jin
What position did you play Germanator?

I played Left Guard and Middle Line Backer...Plus I was on all the special teams units. We only had 22 kids on the team and only 13 or 14 were really decent, so most of us had to play both ways.

Joeiss
02-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Shooter

Hardly.. for started, a towel boy doesn't get paid $12.50 an hour, and I like what I do, it's easy, it's very good money, and I get to watch the sports I like.

$12.50 and hour? Holy $hit! That is some sweet cash. And it is American too, right?

Revival
02-03-2002, 02:33 PM
It's American.

Also, I get paid $15 bucks an hour for overtime, which I work each and every game.

Professor S
02-04-2002, 09:22 PM
I played American Football and wrestled in High School. In college I played rugby and Judo/submission wrestling. Oh I also played football in college too, but i blew out my knee so that didn't last too long:mad:

Perfect Stu
02-04-2002, 10:26 PM
1st year highschool:

-Hockey (Defense...I also played AAA Hockey here in Toronto)
-Football (Outside Linebacker)
-Basketball (Power Forward)

This year: (first semester)

-Nothing
-Nothing

oh, and nothing

My (old) school dropped the football team

Now (second semester) I'm doing my classes through the net and through corespondants (mail)...I play basketball in a league, and I stopped playing hockey (but I still love it)

Next year (well, September at least), I'm going to a new school, and I plan on playing:

-Football
-Basketball

GameMaster
02-25-2002, 10:55 PM
Soccer & Track

Jin
03-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Is football a big sport in Canada? Which is a bigger sport, football or rugby? Do you watch the NFL in Canada, or just the Canadian league?

Professor S
03-02-2002, 11:49 PM
I'm not Canadian, but Rugby is not a big spectator sport over here in North America.

I do love Rugby though, I played and coached it. Much fun.

nWoCHRISnWo
03-02-2002, 11:53 PM
My bro plays on a rugby team. I wouldn't say it's as big as football here in Canada, but it's not too far beind.

And I watch the CFL (not all the time though...) and I sorta follow the NFL too.

Professor S
03-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Really? Ruby is that popular? Maybe I should move to Canada... hell, free healthcare and everything.

Mikkey
03-23-2002, 09:46 AM
I play football (OT planning on moving to DT next year)