PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Just bought....

Crash
06-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Pirated Hong Kong copy of the Revenge of the sith DVD

before you start hounding me about piracy. I've already seen the movie in theaters twice and got the soundtrack, and craploads of merchandise, so LucasFilms is that much richer because of me.

Yes, I will buy the dvd when it comes out, I have the other 5 movies on dvd, and got them on release day at midnight.

either way, I'll get it in a couple days, and be very content. *strokes dvd burner*

Jason1
06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Thats still pretty damn wrong, man. And what about the video quality? You know it will suck. Probably not even worth what you paid for it.

Bond
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, considering you can download DVD quality copies on the internet off of bit torrent... it's pretty worthless to buy.

Crash
06-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm sure you guys have never downloaded a song off the internet or made a copy of a cd for a friend

:rolleyes:

Jonbo298
06-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Awesome. My friend just got back from Afghanistan with a ton of pirated DVD's and I gotta say, they do a good job on the packaging :D

Dyne
06-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah, those pirates have some great graphic artists hired.

Ginkasa
06-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm sure you guys have never downloaded a song off the internet or made a copy of a cd for a friend

:rolleyes:

Pirating movies that are still in theatres are completely different from copying a CD you bought or downloading one song. Most people who download songs probably wouldn't have bought the CDs they belonged to just for one or two songs anyway; there's not much money lost. Movies are different. You aren't just buying or singular scenes. You're downloading the whole thing.

/me shrugs and walks away

Crash
06-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Pirating movies that are still in theatres are completely different from copying a CD you bought or downloading one song. Most people who download songs probably wouldn't have bought the CDs they belonged to just for one or two songs anyway; there's not much money lost. Movies are different. You aren't just buying or singular scenes. You're downloading the whole thing.

* Link1130 shrugs and walks away

yeah, but i've already seen the movie twice and will buy the dvd later, so who cares.....

Ginkasa
06-11-2005, 12:48 AM
If you're going to buy the DVD later, why get a pirated version? Seems like a waste of money...

Besides, just because you're going to buy the DVD doesn't mean buying pirated movies is right.

/me shrugs and walks away

Bube
06-11-2005, 05:34 AM
I really don't think buying pirated movies/games/software is wrong when you're going to get the real one.

I saw a pirate version of EIII already btw, and it wasn't half bad. Even had some surround sound in it...