PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Konoha: Chapter 1

MuGen
06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Chapter 1: "The beginning..."

Konoha, a village set in a world that far surpasses our imaginations. A hidden village residing within countless realms in this world known as Countries. Each country having it's own respective strengths. Within these strengths lie the powerful skills and viligance of the Shinobi. Thus... a legend begins.

A cold winter morning sends the students of the Ninja Academy. The graduation is today, and many students look forward to beginning their individual growths and journey's as Ninja of Konoha.

"Okay class, the final examination will begin. This exam will test your skills with Jutsu." Iruka, the academy's top instructor explains to the class.
"We will be testing you on the technique, Henge {Transform}."

The several students fail to complete Henge, and many students prevail. As the graduates line up, they look on to see the top students perform their Henge.

"I wonder what he'll be doing..." one of the graduates aks.
"Yeah, I'm sure he's going to upstage many of us... he's like that." another classmate says.

"Nagashima Ryou.... you're up." Iruka announces.
"Yes..." Ryou, age 14 walks up to Iruka and performs the hand seals for Henge.
"Henge!!"

Ryou transforms as the smoke engulfs the room. Suddenly the smoke clears up as a large Okami (Wolf) appears in front of everyones eyes, as their expressions turn from wonder to amazed.

"Excellent, Ryou-kun, you pass. Nakamura Katagi.... you're next."
A classmate whispers as Ryou passes by, "Heh.. it's his crush... I wonder if he hopes she passes"
Ryou stops in his tracks and gives the student a glance and brushes him off.

Katagi begins her Henge, as the smoke clears Katagi is no where in sight. Students are baffled as to where Katagi went.

"Good job, Katagi-san, you have passed" Iruka looks up.
The classmates look up as a lamp in the ceiling turns into Katagi as she falls to the ground and walks to the graduate side.

"Okay... everyone who passed, please meet with the Hokage this afternoon. Everyone else, good luck next exam, I will be seeing you tomorrow for further instruction."

The class dismisses as Ryou is seen sitting in the field of grass blades meditating in his own world. Katagi is walking by as she sees him.

"He's so calm and relaxed......He's going to be a great Ninja one day."

Katagi decides to stop by and have a chat with Ryou.
"Hey there..." Katagi greets him.
"Eh?" Ryou looks up... suddenly turning red, "Ehh.. uhh... Hi.." Suddenly Ryou is flustered and cannot balance his speech.
"That Wolf Henge was a nice touch... I have a Wolf out in the woods. He is my companion."
"I ... uh... thanks..."
"Well...let's get going... The Hokage is waiting for us.." Katagi explains.
"Oh yeah..." Ryou gets up as they begin walking to the City Center.

"Welcome graduates. It makes me happy to welcome you into the Way of the Ninja. Soon you will be doing missions and helping to make Konoha one of the elite Villages in Fire Country. Now I will assign you under High-class Jounins, they will be your guides and leaders on missions as you progress to becoming Jounins yourselves. You will be in teams of three...

Team one will be under Hatake Kakashi... Uchiha Sasuke, Uzumaki Naruto.... and Haruno Sakura.. "

A faint yell in the background can be heard as one of the team members shows his excitement for the team picked.

"Team two will be under Maito Gai... Hyuuga Neji, Rock Lee, and Tenten....Team three will be under Yuuhi Kurenai... Hyuuga Hinata, Kiba, and Aburame Shino.

Team four will be under Sarutobi Asuma... Nara Shikamaru, Akamichi Chouji, and Yamanaka Ino... Team five will be under Jiraiya-sama... Nagashima Ryou, Nakamura Katagi, and Tendo Momaru."

A number of other teams are assembled, and the Hokage continues to speak.

"Now... all team leaders must split up into their training grounds and test their students. This will be the final examination... if they fail... they go BACK to the Academy."

Several students are shocked at the announcement.

"I thought we were already Ninja!" Momaru exclaims.
"Everyone who graduates gets to go the next level.... out of the many graduates only 12 will become Genin {low-class} this year."
"Yeah" Katagi agrees.

"Hoi.... baka no.... Let's hurry.." Jiraiya exclaims.

They journey to the top of the mountain.

"These will be your testing grounds. Others are lenient in their exams, but I for one am not a fan of 'easy going.'" Jiraiya looks stern, "Now...come at me... with the intent to kill... If you can damage a thread on my clothes... you pass.

"With pleasure.." Momaru explains.

Suddenly Momaru leaps up and comes down with a flurry of Shuriken as Jiraiya dodges them all. Momaru sweeps and then kicks Jiraiya, then stabs him in the stomache with a kunai. Suddenly smoke pops from the body of Jiraiya and a log drops down..

"..'kishou! (damn!) Kawarimi! (replacement)"

Katagi looks around, suddenly her eye flinches.. "Got him!" Katagi performs a series of seals on her hands, "Ninpou! Kagakure no Shin!" she flails her hands left and right as streams of flames thrust through the air, as Jiraiya leaps out from a bush and flips out of the streams.

"Ahh!" Ryou jumps up behind Jiraiya, "Ninpou! Kazumi Suzaku!" Ryou flails hundreds of Shuriken at Jiraiya from the back as Jiraiya panics suddenly, all the shuriken bounce off him.

"Nani!? (What!?)" Ryou lands.

"Ninpou: Hari Jizou!" (Ninja Art, Guardian Spines) Jiraiya is surrounded by extensions of his long white hair as it is hardened into solid metal armor.

"His absolute defense..." Ryou realizes... Ryou closes his eyes for a second then opens them, "Shikakugan!" Ryou suddenly sees an opening in the defense, and thrusts a shuriken at it. Jiraiya looks for a moment then at the last minute jumps away. A thread of his cloth has been laced off.

"Hmmm...... Shikakugan....Nagashima Ryou... right?"

"Right..."

"That was very impressive. You took the initiative in a situation like that and tried to see an opening in my defense. You all pass... this is a team effort."

"Great job Ryou" Katagi comments.
"I uh... thanks.. Katagi-chan."
"Hey Ryou... for an awesome Ninja like yourself... you really lose your cool easily around Katagi.."

Ryou suddenly slams Momaru to the ground, "Urusai!" Katagi begins to giggle and walks up to Jiraiya, "I'll have to be the one to get you next time!"
"Hmm... so young and petite... don't get ahead of yourselves......yes so young.. I uh... my treat for you all for passing is a trip to the Hot Springs! YES! We've all gotten to know each other really well I'd say...."

Katagi suddenly hammers Jiraiya to the ground, "ERO-SENNIN! (Closet Pervert)"
"Hey! Don't treat an old man like that!" Jiraiya argues
"Jiraiya-sama... but your only.." Ryou is interrupted,
"Urusai! (Shut up!) Okay... you all are dismissed. I will meet you tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. for your first mission assignment."

"Hai! (Yes!)" The team says loudly and in sync.