PDA

View Full Version : Real life vs Internet Life

Fez
01-19-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm not talking about which one is better, I'm talking about your personality in each "dimension" and whether they're different. A lot of people on the net (after getting burned) will say stuff like "I'm not really like this in real life." or "How cool you are on the net is determined by your ability to express yourself in words."

The above arguments could very well be true, but on the net it doesn't matter. I agree too, it's a different place, and if you don't fit in well that's your ********* fault. But here's a topic to defend or abuse your real life self.

Are you an ass in real life, like on the forums? Are you a blabbering teenyboppy *** in real life? Are you a mature inetlligent but wimpy person in real life? Are you a pimp in real life?

All those questions do have relevane to some of the members here, heh, bons points if you guess whom.

my answer
I'm a cynical ass on these forums. Actually pretty much forum except SA. Am I really like that? Sure, I'm cynical, but that's about as far as it goes. I talk sort of "technical" on the net, or so my friends tell me, but in real life an average conversation goes like "yeah and stuff..lotr owned man...yeah fire..lets go eat and stuff...<inset joke>". That's really sums it up, the last bit, I'm a joker. I never ever stop joking...laughter is the greatest thing about the human race in my opinion - but I'm getting off topic now.

WHAT ABOUT YOUS!?

gekko
01-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Fez
Are you an ass in real life, like on the forums?

Ya. I argue in the same fashion too. Never lose.

BlueFire
01-19-2002, 10:07 PM
I'm different in each "dimmension". In the real world..I'm just some quiet guy, easy-going..I guess......in the net world...I guess as many people say, I am weird and volatile. Some people should know. :sneaky:

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-19-2002, 10:07 PM
You get the best of both worlds with me

i am the same everywhere

I am close to my mates, i hate those who get me mad

Fez
01-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by gekko

Ya. I argue in the same fashion too. Never lose.

Me too...but it's not being an ass. Some people think it is...like my mum...but hell it's just arguing using a little bit of that intelligence thing.

But winning arguments is always easier when you're a fair bit bigger then your "opponent" ;)

DeathsHand
01-19-2002, 10:16 PM
I'm and weirdo and a goofball 'round these parts...

and I used to be like that back when I was in elementary school came... then came middle school... and the whole leaving public school dealy....

now I don't talk much.......

:sneaky:

Like if one of you walked up to me on the street and started talking to me, I'd probably just get a nervous stare on my face and look at you out of the corner of my eye...

J/K :p

err yep... bye now

Joeiss
01-19-2002, 10:20 PM
I guess I am pretty much the same on the net and in real life. But now, I just don't give a **** about life and all of its crap, so I just like chilling with friends when I am not on the net... But, I think my personalit doesnt really change on the net... Whatever.

Xantar
01-19-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm tight with my buddies and push everybody else away.

Damnit, how can I do this when I'm supposed to act like Beckham?!? I don't f*cking act like Beckham in real life! I don't even act like Xantar in real life!

How the hell can I do this when I'm supposed to say that I'm damn sexy and smarter than all the newbies?

And the worst part is I don't know if I can say that I'm quiet because I don't know if Marc is quiet in real life. This blows.

*realizes that he managed to convey more or less the right message*

Damn...I'm good. :D

BreakABone
01-19-2002, 10:53 PM
This may scare the kiddies

But I'm even worse in real life.. I just have this thing where if I actually know the person I'm a bit more open with my comments... My friends will tell you I will pretty much say whatever is on my mind.. on these forums I try to tame that just a tad and ofcourse I don't talk as much since I got to type everything

gekko
01-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Ya, right. You live in Harlem, we all know how you boys are.

BreakABone
01-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by gekko
Ya, right. You live in Harlem, we all know how you boys are.
Just because someone is black and lives in NYC doesn't mean they are from Harlem and for the last time I'm not from Harlem.. DAMNIT:mad:

LoudHowardZERO
01-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Well... on the internet everybody hates me and I have no friends.. I am ban every where and get abasloutly no respect... my internet life sucks.. not only that, but I can't ****ing type!

And for my real life....everybody hates me and I have no friends.. I am ban every where and get abasloutly no respect... my internet life sucks.. not only that, but I can't ****ing type!

****... nobody likes me... anywhere... I hate like one friend in boath... or maybe one for boath... or just maybe none at all..

This blows...

Ginkasa
01-19-2002, 11:35 PM
I don't know.... Let me think....

I'm probably 'stranger' in real life then I am on the internet. Probably because its not really what I say but how I say them, which of 'course there is no difference in how you say things on the internet.

The Germanator
01-19-2002, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty much the same in real life as on the net...I don't talk too much in real life, and here I only have like 800 posts in a year and a half, so that part of me fits in. I try not to take stuff too seriously, so I usually try to joke alot, even though some people don't get my sense of humor...Eh, whatever.

TheGrimReaper
01-19-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm pretty muched laid back at home. Ya know like, yeah man, cool. But if im talking about something im passionate about, ill chat. But other than that, pretty laid back. For example, this was a conversation on the phone I had with my mate Scott:

Ring ring...

"Scott mate"
"Patrick Mate"
10 second silnce
"Yeah mate, i have your sports stuff for school"
"Oh good mate"
10 second silence
"Bring it today"
"okay mate"
"bye pat"
"bye scott"

Yeah man...

GameKinG
01-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Im a lot crazier in reallife, and a lot smarter.

Kinda odd...

Fez
01-20-2002, 07:02 AM
I forgot about the honest thing.

I'm the most honest person I know. I speak my mind all the time, and end up with lovers and haters. But I never liked the haters anyway so it don't matter. As I get older, the lover side is gaining mroe of a percentage. I hope it continues that way.

But I hate unhonest ***s. One of my best friensd lies all the time, especially around girls - he acts like this nice love trees be nice be happy guy, when really he is depressed and couldn't give a **** about anything. He's in love with this fat bitch who loves trees and animals - and he always agrees with her - even though he doesn't realy. Even one time when she wasn't there he made jokes about her weight. Unhonest ****. Speak your mind, and get more respect in my opinion.

Shadow Fox
01-20-2002, 12:42 PM
*walks in thread*

*reads posts*

*goes away to watch the Steelers beat the $hit out of the Ravens*

-Offici- ah, f#@k it....