PDA

View Full Version : Help me find something....

Canyarion
06-01-2005, 04:30 AM
We need a nice picture to put on the front of our wedding cards. :D

We're thinking about something that has to do with nature.
2 trees intwining would be perfect.

It has to be black and white, so we can more easily print it.

500 doubloons for the winning picture. :)

GameMaster
06-01-2005, 05:19 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~synthoid/tree.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~synthoid/tree2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~synthoid/tree3.jpg

Canyarion
06-01-2005, 05:26 AM
:wtf: I love you! How did you get that???

Su-Yin
06-01-2005, 08:54 AM
the second one gm has is pretty good...whens the big day canya?

Canyarion
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
More suggestions are still welcome though! :D

Half August. :) We want to send the cards within a few weeks, but the front was still a bit empty.

Teuthida
06-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I dunno what your bride-to-be's religion is...but incase weren't aware, that's Hebrew on the first and third pic.

GameMaster
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
There was a ton of Hebrew in the third one which I removed. I could take the rest out of the third one but I'm not sure how well I could fix the first one. Perhaps another artist could continue the masterpieces I've begun...

Canyarion
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm most interested in the 2nd one. But may I ask where you got it from? Are they all religious?

GameMaster
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I got it from the internet by entering the words, "intertwining trees" into a search engine. After that, I downloaded it to my computer and edited out the Hebrew and desaturated it. Apparently, intertwining trees is a big theme in the Jewish celebration of marriage as most of the pictures had Jewish content in it.

It makes me proud and happy to know your wedding invitation was influenced by one of your friends on a gaming forum. Perhaps when they're printed you could send me one? :)

Happydude
06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
how send invites to all of us? along with plane tickets :p

Canyarion
06-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Aah, Jewish tradition.... we're not sure yet how we're going to handle that, since we're pretty religous as well, but not Jewish. It probably won't make a difference, it's just coincidence! :D

If nobody finds something better (doesn't have to be trees, mind you!), I'll give GM his doubloons tomorrow. :)

GameMaster
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Please give me enough to change the color of my username :)

After you wedded, you won't have time for GT or doubloons. :)

We'll miss you. :(

Canyarion
06-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi, this is the fiancee of Canyarion. Spying on my boyfriend ;)

We love the second image and will use it for our card. We have one question: we would like to remove the unidentified white object sitting against the tree. We have no idea what it is (Canyarion thought it was an elf or a rabbit, and I saw JarJar Binks....:rolleyes: ).... Can anyone offer us some help? My fiance is not as technical as I thought he'd be :p
Thanks!!! :D

Happydude
06-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi, this is the fiancee of Canyarion. Spying on my boyfriend ;)

We love the second image and will use it for our card. We have one question: we would like to remove the unidentified white object sitting against the tree. We have no idea what it is (Canyarion thought it was an elf or a rabbit, and I saw JarJar Binks....:rolleyes: ).... Can anyone offer us some help? My fiance is not as technical as I thought he'd be :p
Thanks!!! :D
sorry i can't offer any assistance in the matter as i am not a graphic wiz...all i can really use is paint :p

but i do have a request...make your own account, and stop by this here place a few times a week...and i still want my wedding invitation with plane ticket! :p

Acebot44
06-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Eh?

Canyarion
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Aaah that's what I (Canya) mean. :D

We also found a program on this PC where we can do this stuff, so we'll cut out the names from between the roots ourselves. :)

Thanks Ace!